Suitable sharding?

hwilangsj
hwilangsj Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Assassin
I'm trying to decide what to aim for sharding-wise for my sin. Ignoring budget issues, is this type of sharding suitable for demon 5aps sin that will most likely be purely pve and solo this and that? Comments with explanations would be appreciated, especially regarding the sharding for helm please.

I am definitely going to shard vit stones in lunar cape and drake for dagger, but the rest are up for debate. I am not going R9 :p I played around with sharding for helm a bit and while 4 more vit stones give me 10k+ hp, sharding garnet and saph gave me better pdef and mdef with 9.6k hp which I am already quite happy with. JoSD is also something I am wondering about; vit vs JoSD vs garnet+saph vs even more DoT?

I have to admit, I am more keen on the idea of attack-strong demon sin, killing things quick, hence DoT everywhere. (Have you yet got the image of crazy sin with maniac laugh yet?) But obviously, it's gotta have a bit of survivability. I've always been more of arcane class player (and somewhat suicidal) so some advices from people well-versed in sin class would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

http://pwcalc.com/42f9f1b338d9d84e
Post edited by hwilangsj on

Comments

• Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    well, your decision to not ever go rank 9 is probably short sighted, an if you change your mind then it affects shard choice. If you do go rank 9 then you do not want any shards that give additional life. For weapon the obvious choice is garnets-probably just normal garnets unless you really have alot of coin-in which case youd not be using those daggers since the gems you selected cost more than the daggers do.

A common way to shard is def+2 in the helm an pants with vit stones in the rest if non-rank 9 an doing pvp. The reasoning is obvious.

I'm rank 9 and I have all attack shards except 3 vits stones in the pants that I regret an have considered purging. The attack makes me kill stuff very good and my refine level keeps me alive plenty well in pve.

I wonder how a fully sharded iceborne sin would be in tw against all those snotty wizzards an psy.
  • hwilangsj
    hwilangsj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    TY. I'll maybe drop drakes to garnets then. Reason I'm not going R9 is cuz I already have R9 + full JoSD toon. I'm not interested in PvP or TW, at least not on this toon. So I need enough survivability for just solo PvE purpose really.
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well in that case I would suggest all attack shards. Get life from refines. Get def from refines of the ornaments.