A note about the Wedding Chapel / Phoenix Nest

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Please note that the Wedding Chapel and Phoenix Nest venues both operate on the same calendar, so if one wedding ceremony is scheduled for the Wedding Chapel at 2pm on the 15th of December, that date and time will also be unavailable for the Phoenix Nest.

Since we're having wedding sales right now, the Chapel and Phoenix Nest are quite busy, and this issue has been popping up a lot--

Let me know if you have any other questions!

b:thanks
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    First?

Weeeee!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    second!?

yea. so many people arent gonna be able to get a ceremony going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Or they're going to have to schedule it for a few weeks from now.b:chuckle
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This thread just sounds funny. b:chuckle
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Whoa! I actually got first page for once! Yeah.... When a wedding sale is going on, it's best to just buy the packs and wait until AFTER the sale is over to open them. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaded1
    jaded1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally ticked about this, my item expires in 5 hours and b/c its all full and they've not opened up the calendar past the filled dates I am going to lose my item and my ceremony. What does PWI intend to do to rectify this?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Can guess the response......

"You should've checked the calander b4 opening the box"
  • jaded1
    edited December 2011
    Can guess the response......

"You should've checked the calander b4 opening the box"

If that is the response, then I'm totally done with the game. That is **** poor management of any kind. So.. they better have a better response than that.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Girlfriend and I are waiting to do our ceremony when it isn't so damn hectic. >_>
  • jaded1
    edited December 2011
    Girlfriend and I are waiting to do our ceremony when it isn't so damn hectic. >_>

That is great and all, but you do realize that the item expires 24 hours after you get married? Which means if you wait, then you will be having to buy an item to do it.
  • BluNeon - Heavens Tear
    BluNeon - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So does this mean that all of use who have gotten married but have no available times for a wedding ceremony have to go without? That would be quite upsetting b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, its just common sense and you're responsibility to make yourself knowledgeable about what you're buying - the contents of the packs, how long you have to use the items, and the circumstances surrounding opening it during such a busy time of year. It isnt their fault that you just couldnt wait to open the wedding packs till after the sale when the ceremonial instances are less busy.
  • claysung
    claysung Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Does that mean Fu*ckyCat and Fu*kieraye are finally going to get married? In stead of just using each other for sex?
  • jaded1
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, its just common sense and you're responsibility to make yourself knowledgeable about what you're buying - the contents of the packs, how long you have to use the items, and the circumstances surrounding opening it during such a busy time of year. It isnt their fault that you just couldnt wait to open the wedding packs till after the sale when the ceremonial instances are less busy.

No, you are wrong. When I buy an item that says it does something particular, it should do that regardless of the time or how busy sales are or the chapel. Has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with the company. If you buy a coffee maker that says it will program to make your coffee and then you open the box and it then shows it is limited timing, it doesn't change the fact of what the packaging said. You just want to be a snippy mean troll, quit trying to blame the consumers for the muck ups of the company.
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    You know what you're absolutely right jaded1. The world should revolve entirely around you, and similar people who are too ignorant to look at how circumstances affect the bigger picture. Yes, it probalbly is frustrating, but at the end of the day it is what it is sweetheart, without a snippy mean troll making it too obvious for you.

and fyi - It isnt blaming, its encouraging people to be smarter consumers.
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    send in a ticket saying all the times are filled, SS it, wutever~

and then normally they give u another ceromoni, happened to some of my friends.

so chillax! b:victory

and next time, check the times before getting married.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011

You cannot. Calendar is only open for up to a week from now!

WTF.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Imo the chapel shouldn't be a public instance at all. You should be able to marry whenever you feel like it, not depending on who else does it at that time.

And well, seeing there's not even a single spot free on the next days on Sanc, I guess we're gonna drink tea and be patient. I want a ceremony and if I have to wait, I will. We waited a half year, so a few more days into this sale won't kill us b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ......I have a very pertinent question.

At what point does the next day become available for booking, from the server's point of view? Would it be midnight, server time? <_>

[/testingatheory]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    pretty sure it would be.
  • BluNeon - Heavens Tear
    BluNeon - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ......I have a very pertinent question.

At what point does the next day become available for booking, from the server's point of view? Would it be midnight, server time? <_>

[/testingatheory]

I had the same idea and tried it. It didn't work. My guess is the days available are locked in place based on what time you got married, not on what day it currently is. We waited till server reset and then some, and a new day was never available.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I had the same idea and tried it. It didn't work. My guess is the days available are locked in place based on what time you got married, not on what day it currently is. We waited till server reset and then some, and a new day was never available.b:surrender
    Actually, it worked for me.

What I found out is, that on Sunday at midnight, the whole new week becomes available. Meaning, it was just by pure luck that I got my banquet reservation last night instead of, say, Friday night, in which case I would've been screwed like most people here. -_-

tl;dr, I got my slot but I was lucky. In general, this is still inexcusable. >_> Why the hell does the banquet reservation have a time limit, anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Malvolia - Dreamweaver
    Malvolia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    m'kay, I have my wedding booked.

But i heard you could customize things...when/how do you do that? i can't find any guides online just wedding vids 'n such

thanxs! <3
    ouroboros.guildlaunch.com
  • inyourcoffin
    inyourcoffin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011

It wont let you schedule it in advance either, we tried and up till the 23rd is full, from the 24th to the end of dec isnt available to select at all , and cannot move into jan. of next year on the calendar ..what a crock .. so most of us who bought packs are sol? that's just not fair at all .. we need some sort of resolution my banquet reservation expires in 10 hours ... :( how about mailing me 2 more when we can get an open spot !!!!
  • inyourcoffin
    inyourcoffin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:angry
    jaded1 wrote: »
    I'm totally ticked about this, my item expires in 5 hours and b/c its all full and they've not opened up the calendar past the filled dates I am going to lose my item and my ceremony. What does PWI intend to do to rectify this?
    i totally agreeb:angry
  • shatteredheartandsoul
    shatteredheartandsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Defeats the point of having two SEPARATE instances if they both share same booking. Just lets one sit empty while the other is in use ? Way to go **** poor lazy game design.
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You know what you're absolutely right jaded1. The world should revolve entirely around you, and similar people who are too ignorant to look at how circumstances affect the bigger picture. Yes, it probalbly is frustrating, but at the end of the day it is what it is sweetheart, without a snippy mean troll making it too obvious for you.

and fyi - It isnt blaming, its encouraging people to be smarter consumers.

Even for the informed consumer there is no stated time limit to arrange your ceremony before the item expires provided in the documentation here.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Wedding_Ceremony

It is the Responsibility of the company to provide consumers with appropriate information concerning its product to allow them to make a informed decision. In this instance that was not the case.

Further note in regards to the link above. The information provided was taken from this thread.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=908712
    At this time the company has yet to provide a official guide for either wedding ceremony.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:sad i'd better find time to get some zen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is really bittersweet given the sales being on and gives ppl the chance to marry without really hurting themselves, but course, backlash is dates fill up quickly especially knowing the Nix/Chapel cancel each other out which I think if it didnt do that this problem wouldn't happen. I married my best friend on my Cleric, and yes, we could have waited to marry being the reservation expires, but he didn't want to wait, and we both agreed to let the thing expire so we can have our ceremony until after the sales were over. I think many are going with the same idea. It is nice to least participate in MQ in the meantime. . . even though I'm dying to do an official ceremony with him! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Nure_onna - Dreamweaver
    Nure_onna - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    this thread make me think of bridezilla B-)
    "Red wine with Barbs, white wine with Sins."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]