Choosing Vana wep/ attack range whats the better option?

Options
B_K - Sanctuary
B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Not sure where to put this, but i need u mathy ppl.

Im a bit behind but im making my nirvana weapon, second cast. And i have no idea what weapon to choose;

Foundation of World
Glaive of Nirvana

The main difference is the attack range, i have nvr looked into the difference between a small but sure range, or a large range. What is better for a damage dealer? all my skills are based off both wep and base magic damage. i have low base damage being partly vit build (still unsure about changing that)
Post edited by B_K - Sanctuary on

Comments

• TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most people either go for

1. The one they think with the coolest looking.
    2. The one with the lowest strength requirement.

If they happened to be the same weapon, good for you, if not, then you will have to make the final call on that. b:chuckle
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yeah looked at the low strength on the wand, but armor is 54 so its the damage range, then looks.
  • sparklyee
    sparklyee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Wand: Magical attack 1316-1342
    The Glaive: Magical attack 1063-1594

A lot of people prefer the wand because the magic range is more consistent (roughly same range). As for the glaive, you have the possibility of having that max mattack but the range gap is significantly bigger.

It's just what you prefer, really. Both weapons are pretty haha.
    Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In my opinion, for a damage dealing class, you're better off with a weapon that offers you a chance at higher damage. For a healing class, you're better off with a more consistent weapon.

For what it's worth, the avg. mattk on the wand is 1329 and on the glaive it's 1328.5 (which rounds up to the same).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Depends if you're going to PK, and what class you are.

In PK, spike damage is better than consistent damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|