The 2 things that makes this the worst game

Options
imdaddy61
imdaddy61 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
The first thing i want to mention is the armor sucks, the reason i think this is because the armor is more than 80% of the characters power. The character its self is basically nothing at all, But thats minor i could still play with it like that.

The second thing is the health potions they really suck, the reason i say this is because they barely give u any health and the little bit u do get takes 10 seconds, makes no sense.
I like playing because everything else is perfect but i cant see me playing it much longer. Unless they change the health potions so that they give you a good amount of health instantly.
Post edited by imdaddy61 on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What are you talking about??

Having armour make you tougher? WTH!?!?!?! That does not make sense.

Potions that don't suck. Are you even over level 10??
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    imdaddy61 wrote: »
    The first thing i want to mention is the armor sucks, the reason i think this is because the armor is more than 80% of the characters power. The character its self is basically nothing at all, But thats minor i could still play with it like that.

The second thing is the health potions they really suck, the reason i say this is because they barely give u any health and the little bit u do get takes 10 seconds, makes no sense.
    I like playing because everything else is perfect but i cant see me playing it much longer. Unless they change the health potions so that they give you a good amount of health instantly.

What do you expect? It's an RPG, all RPGs require you to constantly upgrade your armor or die.

Also, if you want instant health, get a Rejuvenation Potion. They heal you instantly for a percentage of your total HP and MP.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think it's normal that someone in armor is more resistant then someone "naked".

As for healing pots, if you don't find them good enough, there's alternatives :

- Make yourself a cleric, with high magic u will heal alot

- Use apocetary made pots from herbs

- Use healing on your genie (seond wind and Tree of Protection comes to mind)

- Increase your hp recovery rate (With hp recovery on armor)

- If you are over 75 (Which I doubt), use crab meats.

- Do divine quests, the potions u can get by trading in ur divine orders are pretty good. Revival sap of deaths are a instant 1500 hp and mp, pretty useful.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    this is worst 2 things in game? you are noob or complete idiot. have a good day.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Personally I don't think the OP has a clue.

Update your gear and buy a charm. It's what the rest of us do. It's pretty normal too, unless you're used to Zelda or Mario or something.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dumb op. Play the game longer you'll enjoy it.

2 REAL worst things are Mystics monopoly on pvp pushback (wiz should be able to) and maintenance down time. lol b:victory
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    those are the worst 2 things in game? have you even gotten past level 10? O_o
    you must be new to mmorpgs, or rpgs in general o.o much less new to this game
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    maybe hello kitty online gave him 1hr of hp regen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Personally I don't think the OP has a clue.

Update your gear and buy a charm. It's what the rest of us do. It's pretty normal too, unless you're used to Zelda or Mario or something.

Zelda gets armour upgrade. IJS. b:thanks
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kylong - Raging Tide
    Kylong - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

This guy for president, you tellem imdaddy61b:chuckle

Pots do suck that's why I used crabs&herbs b:laugh
    Armor do suck that's why I add sockets, imbue gems and refine them.b:cool
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    FemSage - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's your attitude that makes or breaks any game for you. PWI is not a game for morons. It has unheard of variety and complexity in every aspect. You can get great armor and weapons if you're willing to put in the effort in Twilight Temple (for example). Join a faction. I'm sure there's one out there that would be perfect for you. Teamwork is where this game shines. I love playing this game, and have met many people who have become true friends in every sense. You get out of it what you put into it. You can sit alone in a corner crying about how unfair everything is, or you can roll up your sleeves and work it out. It's up to you.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    maybe hello kitty online gave him 1hr of hp regen.

OOOoooOOOooOOOooo NO SHE DIDN'T!
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

1. What the **** lvl are you? 2??

2. Rofl gtfo out then
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wrong Op, the two worst things are actually:

1 - I spend all my spare time playing or thinking about playing
    2 - I'll NEVER be able to obtain R9

Oh oh oh, I forgot. The OTHER two worst things are women's jubblies. If we were able to muck around with .ini edits, you should SEE what size you can make em.....hahahah
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

There is a Beginner's Forum here. If you would have posted there you wouldn't be receiving so many spiteful and troll-ish replies from all the bitter, veteran players.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow so much hate on the OP. Have any of you actually played another game? Armor in this game is WAY too big of a factor in pvp. At this point it's more or less armor that determines who wins a fight. At least before armor only made you an underdog and was sometimes able to be overcome by player skill.

Also, OP is sort of right on his second point if you factor in charms. While I used to like charms because they were pretty unique with the way the game has changed charms make pvp a lot less skillful. Once nirvana was added charms needed to be removed, hp pool increased drastically and potions buffed. Pvp that revolves around beating a 10 second timer really narrows the amount of ways to pvp, especially for kiting classes. Once gear became such a deciding factor, charms made it even worse.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options

So does Mario! Invincible Stars for the win!b:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    So does Mario! Invincible Stars for the win!b:chuckle

Mario that god damn Ironguard spammer.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    he gets 4, actually
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

b:question My 2 choices woulda been:

1~ PK!: When attacked by another PK, one should have swords immediately appear on ya, once your attacked by another PK! (If ya don't have them active on ya in the first place) so you could atleast fight back.... There are way to many Gutless braggarts out there, who start bragging about their Beer SWILLING Triumphs! When many of them, only have the ballz too wait for their targets to be without swords, and then try an pass it off as an equal (Contest/Conquest!?)......LOLz!!! talk about a Bunch of Gutless Wonderz........b:pleased

And

2~ NPC Gear Sales!: For godz sake! please have the NPCs purchase prices (factor-in) the (Shard/Gem) Values and (Refinement & Blue Stats) values, in the gears we pawn too them... so we can get a Realistic (Value/Price) from them, if we have to get rid of them through the NPCs, if no one else wants to buy them.......b:surrender Perhaps, if ya had them give us a value for them, "Like the average asking price of the same class of (Gems, Items, Equipment & Stuff) being asked for in the AH for that week or so." It would be logical! But not the **** values, the NPCs give us..... This is the 21st Century! not the 1920's depression Era?!..... ~,~'
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

You need to think outside the box for your armor and craft variations that work for you. With the health potions, well many do okay by making their own potions but we all know the purpose here is to steer users to purchase charms.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow so much hate on the OP. Have any of you actually played another game? Armor in this game is WAY too big of a factor in pvp. At this point it's more or less armor that determines who wins a fight. At least before armor only made you an underdog and was sometimes able to be overcome by player skill.

Also, OP is sort of right on his second point if you factor in charms. While I used to like charms because they were pretty unique with the way the game has changed charms make pvp a lot less skillful. Once nirvana was added charms needed to be removed, hp pool increased drastically and potions buffed. Pvp that revolves around beating a 10 second timer really narrows the amount of ways to pvp, especially for kiting classes. Once gear became such a deciding factor, charms made it even worse.

Charms are necessary due to the higher damage output of ranged classes. If you ignore fist/claw/dagger altogether, melee damage is highly outclassed by ranged attacks. CV bow or wand was god on the server for a good long while.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Charms are necessary due to the higher damage output of ranged classes. If you ignore fist/claw/dagger altogether, melee damage is highly outclassed by ranged attacks. CV bow or wand was god on the server for a good long while.

Hence the reason I said hp pools would need to be drastically increased.

Attack -> kite till charm ticks -> repeat is NOT how a kiting class should be played but it is because of charms.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hence the reason I said hp pools would need to be drastically increased.

Attack -> kite till charm ticks -> repeat is NOT how a kiting class should be played but it is because of charms.

Without charms, archer almost always wins. Even with a bigger HP pool, it's hard for a BM to fight a well geared archer without one.

Archers, on the other hand, can easily PvP without charms.

Come on, you know you probably had a lot of fun killing BMs on this char when you played it.

The only reason archers aren't top of the food chain anymore is because there are sins.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if only those were the 2 worst things about the game...
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think he's got a point about the armor. look at a lvl 105 using tt99 vs a 101 with full r9. im sure this was the lvl 10 big complaint right? b:chuckle
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Without charms, archer almost always wins. Even with a bigger HP pool, it's hard for a BM to fight a well geared archer without one.

Archers, on the other hand, can easily PvP without charms.

Come on, you know you probably had a lot of fun killing BMs on this char when you played it.

The only reason archers aren't top of the food chain anymore is because there are sins.

Without charms a BM would only have to survive till the archer ran out of chi. Pretty easy to do when the archer has to blow it all trying to stay alive without a charm.

Before genies were added only pro BMs stood a chance against an archer. Once genies were added fighting an archer as a BM became a lot easier and it only got easier as you leveled.

The only reason I enjoyed fighting BMs was because I got the 92 demon wingspan back when only 2 people had GX. That shield used to be super useful.

But really there weren't many good BMs and I'd say the competent ones were in CQ so I couldn't complain. Good BMs are actually a difficult and long fight... if you are on the ground you lose. YKD was always a fun pk fight because it allowed terrible BMs to be a challenge.

edit.. I was a BM on my-en..
  • Ayamet - Raging Tide
    Ayamet - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yall just got trolled ijs...b:chuckle
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.
  • Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1.) Armor Sucking

For one, it is a little realistic. If you were in a battle IRL and had to wear armor, of course you are going to go for the best armor. Without the armor, you are nothing and you will die fairly quickly. Games where your character's armor has barely any affect on anything besides to look nice are pretty pointless and gives you nothing to work towards.

2.) Health Potions

Level your apothecary and make potions. Also, get better gear and possibly make a cleric friend. At higher levels you rarely use potions, but crab meat instead which works wonders when the dungeon is difficult.

Maybe you should look more into the game and play it longer before you start QQing about it.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I suspect the OP is a lower level barb with lots of HP and those normal potions just don't move the HP bar much in combat. b:laugh