any idea what it will be like?
Post edited by Nine_Lives - Raging Tide on

Comments

• X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Source: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1236251

Dragon extinct: only usable on the ground, atk target and all enemies 20meters around him, deal 50% base atk dmg, has 50%-90% chance to disable their fly mount, deal triple dmg to air targets.

Fighting Rake: force your target to target on u and cannot switch target for 6sec.only available to players.

Immortal soul: self buff, last 120s, once taken deadly hit, u wont die, and will be immune to dmg for 6sec, but during this 6sec , ur hp is decreased by 99%.(if you are taking some DoT dmg, )

Prehistoric blood: self buff, 60sec, each time u take hit, your attack is increased by 3% weapon value, can be stacked at most 50 times.

Crown-less King: deal base +100% +1200 dmg to all targets 12meters in a frontal line, attract aggro.

Yan Mie Dragon extinct: only usable on the ground, atk target and all enemies 20meters around him, deal 120% base atk dmg, has 60%-100% chance to disable their fly mount, deal triple dmg to air targets.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well all i can see is that they won't fix old aggro skills nor give us some aggro boost. And only one new aggro skill? And with all new mystic support skills i bet clerics will also become buff babies. Let's see... from older classes only bm is hanging in there (maybe archers but still archers shouldn't be allowed to use claws since they are designed for range weapons if you ask me). Such a pity...
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    prehistoric blood looks sounds awsome..will be a great help to us epic claw fist barbsb:victory
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well the fighting rake seems useful on boss control. if fight last for <10sec you can go fighting rake first, then after that when dps takes aggro just use roar to buy some 3sec (1hit) more. this could actually work b:pleased
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I must be the only one who noticed our new skills will have base damage incorperated into them. <3
    Anyway they all seem pretty amazing for pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Prehistoric blood: self buff, 60sec, each time u take hit, your attack is increased by 3% weapon value, can be stacked at most 50 times.

Demon Bestial Onslaught after being apsed... b:sin
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Demon Bestial Onslaught after being apsed... b:sin

Not sure this is as awesome as it seems because we already have a couple damage multipliers going into our attacks, this will only be another x 1.5 base weapon damage (after 50 attacks, which can be almost instant in large pulls but may never happen in pk).

So, lets assume i have 350 strength and +8 rank 8 axes. That's an average phys attack of about 9k, with my weapon value averaging 1759. With the x1.5 weapon damage increase would take me attack up to about 11.6k. I doubt this would affect skills, also.

It's nice, just doesn't seem amazing.

And I think Fighting Rake is a pk only, where players have to target you. ie, saving your catacleric.

Crownless King looks like a weaker version of Firestorm, but hopefully the "king" in the title refers to it as being a tiger skill since we can use more aoes in tiger form.

Immortal Soul looks like a slighlty more punishing version of Deaden Nerves. The phrase "hp will be reduced" makes me think we wont be healable during the 6 second damage immunity period because our max hp will be 1/100th of our normal hp. Basically "you died, but you have 6 seconds to kill or be killed."

Dragon Extinct looks almost specifically for pk since its such a weak attack. Less for damage (50% base damage, ewww), more for disabling fly mounts. And I hear the chance to disable the mount is soulforce based. It does have good range, though. I can see this as being alternated with Untamed Wrath since they both have nice ranges to prevent heal aggro.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    prehistoric blood looks sounds awsome..will be a great help to us epic claw fist barbsb:victory

LOL... in PVE (where claw barbs shine), I can't imagine a boss hitting you 50 times before the 60 sec timer runs out. You'll probably have to run into a bunch of mobs first (no such luck in Nirvana) to make that skill worthwhile. Also and as mentioned above, getting hit 50 times in PK is never guaranteed.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What we really need are reliable stuns!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    waz really hopping thay would up our aggro on this new patchb:angry but some of the new skills look interasting...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options

No kidding. Or at the very least a paralyze thats reliable. 60% stun and 50% paralyze drive me nuts.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you give us reliable stuns/paralyzes we turn into a BM...

Keep the stuns and paras to a low, and amp the damage? Melee spike class?

The role of barb has always been 'meat shield'... Not sure if a paradigm shift is in our near future, or future period...

Anyways, as for the canceling of fly mounts... Does it prevent you from getting on to it? Or simply force you to drop? Any clarification on that?

Blade_Aether
    Sad
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I believe they're upping the damage to keep Barbs on par with the massive amount of damage DDs do this day and age.

Plus, there' are two new aggro keeping/taking skills. =P Most of the new skills for all the classes definitely seem pvp oriented though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you give us reliable stuns/paralyzes we turn into a BM...

Keep the stuns and paras to a low, and amp the damage? Melee spike class?

The role of barb has always been 'meat shield'... Not sure if a paradigm shift is in our near future, or future period...

Anyways, as for the canceling of fly mounts... Does it prevent you from getting on to it? Or simply force you to drop? Any clarification on that?

Blade_Aether
    Sad

Different classes, different purposes. Think of how often you roll up on a mob and as you channel Fleshream the archer 30 m behind you attacks, crits, and the mob runs right by you. Now you spend your time chasing mobs instead of attacking. Even with your FR half the time it doesn't keep aggro from a single attack from a ranged player. So, instead paralyze then ream twice. Its not "technically" keeping aggro but it may give you the chance to establish aggro, or to kill the mob before it reaches the squishies.

In pvp, I have archer friends who brag about being able to kite barbs into eternity with enough control skills. They kite till a purge proc, then kite till they establish a charm bipass. Our lack of control skills is a blatent weakness, and giving us skills that resemble skills we already have is pointless since we're all looking for skills to fill in those weaknesses. I'm not saying we should have a stunlock like a bm, but a single reliable control skill would be awesome. Anyways, no use talking about what we want from PWI since listening to player feedback isn't a strong point of theirs...
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Blade_Aether
    Sad

i guess it stops people from getting on them and drops them if they are already in the air- however, you can only cast it if you're on the ground, so the second will be fairly limited.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying we should have a stunlock like a bm, but a single reliable control skill would be awesome. Anyways, no use talking about what we want from PWI since listening to player feedback isn't a strong point of theirs...

This, plus 70.

Blade_Aether
    Warming up to Sakubatou
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    Ryuhei - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yea, something to help prevent barbs from being easy to kite would have been nice, but we still got some nice skills.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Barbs are pretty kitable, but having an archer and a barb I still think BMs are easiest class to kite. Then again, barbs rarely target me specifically.

Also, heres an update (though vague) on a barb skill:

Barb:
    - Prehistoric Blood (getting hit increases base damage) effect increased

courtesy of Asterelle.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • ThuderCats - Harshlands
    ThuderCats - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PW focus on making new skills instead of fixing old problems. Increase aggro of skills, make bestial rage passive and increase chi gain of skills (last one for al classes) and make vit a better stat. Comparing to fist barbs they lose a bit vit for 4aps. Giving vit increased pdef/mdef multiplier to equips at higher lvls of vit should balance this. Make pdef/mdef multiplier such as the wizzards elemental debuff. At least tanking class would have more pdef then a BM (with Marrow).

This changes fix a bit of aps unbalance and would make casters better DD since more chi = more sparks, while not making 50% of sv unhappy. Talk about having to make a special nirv for casters.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PW focus on making new skills instead of fixing old problems. Increase aggro of skills, make bestial rage passive and increase chi gain of skills (last one for al classes) and make vit a better stat. Comparing to fist barbs they lose a bit vit for 4aps. Giving vit increased pdef/mdef multiplier to equips at higher lvls of vit should balance this. Make pdef/mdef multiplier such as the wizzards elemental debuff. At least tanking class would have more pdef then a BM (with Marrow).

This changes fix a bit of aps unbalance and would make casters better DD since more chi = more sparks, while not making 50% of sv unhappy. Talk about having to make a special nirv for casters.

You must be joking right? There's no need for that. For aoe purpose, barb's can hold aggro just fine. Only when it comes down to aps it matters, and then, it really dont matter. You would make the squad way more slow trying to hold aggro, and it might switch even more.

As for the rest of your post. I cannot agree with it. A barb with infinite beastial rage? Imagine demon barb's getting hit, chi-ching 8chi, right. You want more p.def than a bm with marrow without any loss? That wont cause some qq-ing for sure. Better vit stat? We alrdy get 17hp per vit point, and a lot of us (claw barb's mainly) go dex/strenght/no vit, for the higher dmg output.

As it is now in nirvana, yea sure 5aps squads are fast. But 1 or 2 aps chars in the squad, a veno, rest random casters, can do nirvana in a decent time aswell. It's all about knowing how to play together, or want to play.

Before Assasin's, noone really cared about how much chi ppl got from their skills. They get a lot of chi, remove those and we are back to square 1.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

100% agree.

That skill that put us on target should be a pve skill too pwi never learns...

Same has demon roar should work on pvp... b:surrender

PS: skill should work on bosses, aps x is dying from boss barb skill its on us :) will be amazing..
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    100% agree.

That skill that put us on target should be a pve skill too pwi never learns...

Same has demon roar should work on pvp... b:surrender

PS: skill should work on bosses, aps x is dying from boss barb skill its on us :) will be amazing..

OMG i want demon roar to work in pvp
    I will murder those over power sin
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

passive bestial rage ? there goes my tiny mag shield that trigger when u cast it under 50% hp

unless its like a back and forth passive that keep to buff you every 30 sec by itself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    passive bestial rage ? there goes my tiny mag shield that trigger when u cast it under 50% hp

unless its like a back and forth passive that keep to buff you every 30 sec by itself

Yeh make it passive. 8 Chi per hit all the time. And as for the absorb magic effect, just make it absorb up to 4000 magic damage per hit b:laugh

/sarcasm
  • Hazarduz - Heavens Tear
    Hazarduz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You must be joking right? There's no need for that. For aoe purpose, barb's can hold aggro just fine.

You must be joking right? Would you care to mention how exactly?

Even pre89 (b4 the demon aps ppl kick in) I always found aggro control on a groups pretty damn impossible. b:infuriated

Roar (our so called aoe aggro skill) is a joke. I can use it to overpower the cleric's healer aggro at best. If any DD even looks at a mob thats been roared and not reamed, mob turns to DD. I used to roar once to gather, then ream individually.

Flesh ream, our bread and butter aggro control skill, is single target only, and even then seemingly useless against a aps claw/fist DD.

Alpha male, is almost the same thing, though the reflect dmg is nice, its too short and doesnt seem to do much.

Surf impact does some nice aoe dmg, but no where near whats needed to keep aggro after roar.

Frighten's a debuff which has virtually no aggro attached.

Sunder seems to be the only real aoe that does some decent damage and keeps aggro for a bit, but thats a 2 spark skill so cant really spam it.

So how do you manage to keep aggro on a bunch of mobs so well? Do tell.....b:puzzled
    Yeh make it passive. 8 Chi per hit all the time. And as for the absorb magic effect, just make it absorb up to 4000 magic damage per hit b:laugh

/sarcasm

Actually u could add the added chi gain as a passive skill (maybe make it PvE only) and keep the rage skill as a seperate skill that provides the mag shield (when cast below 50% HP ofc).
    Old school demon tank -> LESS PEW PEW, NO Q _Q

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Farenheight - Dreamweaver
    Farenheight - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nothing is impossible b:chuckle Its hard, but possible. I do not ream all mobs in Big Room, even without BM and Seeker, just sage roar and sunder and i can hold it. Pretty enouth to kill and even hold from wizzy. DD's just should know how to dd, that's the problem. Max sunder and better sage|demon, that would help alot. And make better atack lvl. Meh made own build, put way alot that ppl suggesting in str. Got 11 k in form unbuffed and happy.

My question about those new skills is...Are they for true form? Or only for humanoid? Just interesting. Im not playing in PvP at all, want something usefull for actuall tanking and instance riding.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You must be joking right? Would you care to mention how exactly?

Even pre89 (b4 the demon aps ppl kick in) I always found aggro control on a groups pretty damn impossible. b:infuriated

Roar (our so called aoe aggro skill) is a joke. I can use it to overpower the cleric's healer aggro at best. If any DD even looks at a mob thats been roared and not reamed, mob turns to DD. I used to roar once to gather, then ream individually.

Flesh ream, our bread and butter aggro control skill, is single target only, and even then seemingly useless against a aps claw/fist DD.

Alpha male, is almost the same thing, though the reflect dmg is nice, its too short and doesnt seem to do much.

Surf impact does some nice aoe dmg, but no where near whats needed to keep aggro after roar.

Frighten's a debuff which has virtually no aggro attached.

Sunder seems to be the only real aoe that does some decent damage and keeps aggro for a bit, but thats a 2 spark skill so cant really spam it.

So how do you manage to keep aggro on a bunch of mobs so well? Do tell.....b:puzzled

As I said, holding aggro from an aps player is useless, you'd make the run slower/unstable cuz of aggro switching.

I know sunder takes 2 sparks, so does armageddon. We got plenty of aoe's both in tigerform and human.
    I can use sunder, surf impact, switch to human, use demon beastial onslaught for the extra critrate, and then armageddon on bm's heavens flame.

I learned how to hold aggro, by squadding up with higher lvl dd's, keeping me on the edge and trying to hold that boss/those mobs from them. This was pre tideborn, and I'm sure it would still work today.
  • __Chainsaw__ - Archosaur
    __Chainsaw__ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have looked and cant find demon or sage skills to look at in the forum anyone have a link?b:sad
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have looked and cant find demon or sage skills to look at in the forum anyone have a link?b:sad

Here you go.
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What we need is for mighty swing to hit 100% and stun 100%...also a ranged stun or aoe stun would be better...anyone can kite the ** out of us all we got is occt ice and holy path...a good kiter can kite us til we just look stupid pwi really let let us down on that one..but i guess were not 100% sure what were getting amd what tjey are. Cuttimg on so i shouldnt talk yet but highly dought we will get what we want