Some Seeker Questions

triage66
triage66 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys. I decided to try out the seeker class, but I'm not too sure how to build anything outside of the wizard and cleric classes :(

I am not sure if I want to build my guy as a tanky dps or more of a straight on dps character.
What would be the attribute distribution for both a tanky dps build and a normal dps build per level?

Which genie works best with the seeker?

What role does a seeker play in FC and BH? Is he just a normal DPS, or can he tank?

And what makes a seeker different from a sword BM?

Oh, and do any of the items in the game reduce the attack speed a character has? ie: Would there be an item that could bring my attack speed down from 1.11/sec to 0.80/sec?

_tri
Post edited by triage66 on

Comments

• sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    To be perfectly honest, you'd be better off asking this in the Seeker forum. However, you can check out the Seeker Common Stat Builds article at the PWI wiki for various seeker builds.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    triage66 wrote: »
    I am not sure if I want to build my guy as a tanky dps or more of a straight on dps character.
    What would be the attribute distribution for both a tanky dps build and a normal dps build per level?

Which genie works best with the seeker?

What role does a seeker play in FC and BH? Is he just a normal DPS, or can he tank?

Many of your questions would be answered in the stickied guide here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1067881

Personally I prefer the "Tanky" build 5 Str 3 Dex 2Vit for lower levels capped at around 50 Vit.

I will probably restat when I get my endgame high refined gear, but at the lower levels the extra Vit helps a lot with surviving and doesn't take away that much from damage.

Yes a well geared Seeker can Tank, Seekers may not have the HP of a Barb but they have extremely high Defense buffs which makes them really hard to kill. I've tanked all the BHs up till BH79 when Barbs weren't available even Pole in BH69. Unlike a Barb a Seeker has serious DPS available. The downside is that when not using Vortex, the Seeker may have trouble holding aggro against high DPS Sins, Wizzes and Psys.

I made a vid of my Seeker soloing PV85 that might give you an idea of how amazing a Tank build Seeker is. If you have been in this PV you will realize that these mob aren't pushovers and this cannot be done as fast on any other class (at the same level) as far as I know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF6imgVSf-8

I personally use a Zeal Genie since you may have to pull fairly often.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    for reference sake. Seeker does not have high Damage Per Second. Rather Seeker has what is more accurately called "High Damage Per Hit." What this means is that each individual hit is going to cause significant damage and could even be crippling if not capable of outright one-shotting certain enemies depending on the attack used. The only really viable way to have a high DPS character is through the use of Minus Interval Gear or as it is more commonly known APS (Attacks Per Second) Gear. Unfortunately the highest APS a Seeker can obtain, even with Demon Spark is somewhere around 2.50 APS which is significantly lower than an Assassin, Blademaster or even a Barbarian's potential of having 4.0 to 5.0 APS depending on build. Thus APS is not really a viable option for Seeker.

On the flip side, the sheer amount of damage that Seekers can generate with their Vortex over wide area's is so obscene that oftentimes it overshadows even the APS builds as it can wipe out significant groups of enemies in a matter of seconds. Which is why the Seeker is so popular in Rebirth, Frostcovered City, and other area's were Area of Effect Damage is highly sought after. This is also a similar reason as to why it is so easy for Seekers to solo Phoenix Valley at levels 75 or higher. I specify level 75 and higher because it is at 75 that Vortex finally becomes sustainable over long periods of time due to Herb Yuanxio (sp?).
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I specify level 75 and higher because it is at 75 that Vortex finally becomes sustainable over long periods of time due to Herb Yuanxio (sp?).

Vortex is sustainable below 75, but it requires a charm and sharding enough turquoise to build a big enough mana pool so it isn't drained between charm ticks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    for reference sake. Seeker does not have high Damage Per Second. Rather Seeker has what is more accurately called "High Damage Per Hit."

This is also a similar reason as to why it is so easy for Seekers to solo Phoenix Valley at levels 75 or higher. I specify level 75 and higher because it is at 75 that Vortex finally becomes sustainable over long periods of time due to Herb Yuanxio (sp?).

I guess it depends on how you define DPS. It is true that Seekers can't easily hit single mob fast (APS) but if you average out the damage over say 10 seconds it gets pretty high and as you pointed out with the AOEs the total DPS gets quite obscene, b:chuckle

Also, it is quite possible to Solo the low level PVs before you get Vortex. You can't go quite as crazy as I did in my PV85-94 vid, but just by rotating Stalagstrike, DarkCloud Bolt, Ion Spike and Gemini Slash you can clear the PV up to the boss by taking on smaller groups at a time. Also, I usually pull the magic mob singly and kill them before rounding up a group of the others so you don't get killed by the stun. Low level PVs on a pre-Vortex Seeker are actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. It does take longer so it is usually best to duo with a Sin or Healer.

Similarly, once you get Vortex at lvl 59 even if you don't have the mana pool for Charmed Vortex, you can whittle down the mob HP with Gemini>Stalag>Darkcloud Bolt before and after a short Vortex. (not worth using Ion Spike at this point due to the Spark which you should save for the Vortex)