Thanks PWE

Options
Asgardeus - Sanctuary
Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
For releasing the new elf wings in yet another pack and making them go for ~100mil ingame cash.

It's funny, I'm usually not a person to complain but yea, I wanted those wings ever since I first saw them. I even considered charging gold again, even with the stupid VAT taxes. But meh, I'm not gonna gamble :)
So, **** it. Not going with this **** lol

/rant
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Asgardeus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    For releasing the new elf wings in yet another pack and making them go for ~100mil ingame cash.

It's funny, I'm usually not a person to complain but yea, I wanted those wings ever since I first saw them. I even considered charging gold again, even with the stupid VAT taxes. But meh, I'm not gonna gamble :)
    So, **** it. Not going with this **** lol

/rant

I kinda of got tired of the 'Yeahhh new... this & that..' - now it is sooooo old that I am mainly excited about any changes to skills, maps, or positive game changes/enhancements.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They figured that by putting them into packs, they'd give people more incentive to buy them.

After all, if a flyer is like 0.01%, that's 10,000 packs, which at current prices comes to 2,200 Gold.

On the other hand, if they put them into the Boutique for 50 Gold or 75 Gold or so, they'd probably sell more of those, at the cost of selling less packs and they could end up making less money.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol
    I buy packs. But I gave up long ago trying for the premium spotlight item. It just aint about to happen when your trying for it. (Ironically, I got one when I was not looking for one).
    I buy the packs for the Tokens of Luck and Best Luck, and any other items I can use, or make a profit from.

As it stands, I need another 100 packs or so, so I can restock on my Tokens of Luck.

As for x10 packs... I love the deal on the Orbs(1). 20 of them for less than a Orb(2) and I can get some decent refining done. (probably explains how a lot of the higher end orbs came to the cat shops... they buy small ones in bulk and combine)

Not everyone is gonna see the changes as useless. (been needing black dye in bulk, and this is the ticket)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Minek - Dreamweaver
    Minek - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No one at PWE made anything go for the price they go for in-game. That's all to blame on the user base.

IJS. :D
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No one at PWE made anything go for the price they go for in-game. That's all to blame on the user base.

IJS. :D

Yea, I hate it too when humans are being............human. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When was the last time PWI put new flyers into the boutique other than indirectly through packs? I think the last time I remember was the release of some small elf wings, little butterfly ones a few months back.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When was the last time PWI put new flyers into the boutique other than indirectly through packs?

Yea, that's what pisses me off. Everything new mount/flyer is packs. Of course, I know it will become cheaper eventually when everyone is fed up with it and wants the newest stuff but meh.. it's just stupid.

It's just sad, I know they make more money buy people buying their gamble packs. But yea, the player set prices for the new cool stuff are awful b:surrender

Suppose I'm damned to wait until people openened so many packs, new flyers drop to 20milish each lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yea, that's what pisses me off. Everything new mount/flyer is packs. Of course, I know it will become cheaper eventually when everyone is fed up with it and wants the newest stuff but meh.. it's just stupid.

It's just sad, I know they make more money buy people buying their gamble packs. But yea, the player set prices for the new cool stuff are awful b:surrender

Suppose I'm damned to wait until people openened so many packs, new flyers drop to 20milish each lol

You wrote it urself.

It's new, it's cool, it's rare, how much u expect ppl going to sell it for? 1 mil?
    What will u do if u opened 1000 packs, then finally got only 1 Flyer, decided to sell it and then got raged with replies like "wtf u greedy human? u want to **** me with that price?"

>__>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Minek - Dreamweaver
    Minek - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Supply & demand.

You want the cool new stuff? So does everyone else. But they aren't as common when they first come out, so that leads to people willing to spend more money to get it first~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i want those wings but i bet they cost a good 100+M ; ;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's less about *OMG people sell for so much*...

More about why does every new cool thing have to in packs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

This +1000, I like toothless. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Saphirs - Sanctuary
    Saphirs - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    packs -> limited supply (or unpredictable) -> higher value -> need gold -> money for PWI <
    b:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wait long enough, and mounts and wings wind up for sale in the gold shop on special sales, or just added permanently.

look at the glowing white horse, for instance. that used to be the mount of the top players--the sign that you were the best. now? its for sale. same with the orange tiger, only diff is that its not for sale, but common as dirt everywhere. i couldn't believe it when someone wanted to trade their tiger for my gryphon airmount. i took the tiger of course, and still feel i made the better part of the deal, because gryphons are for sale, and tigers arent.

so just wait. things will wind up in the shop someday. for myself, i really cant wait for the black dragon. it looks like Toothless, from the movie "How To Train Your Dragon".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I knew rare stuff was popular but the market never interested me. A friend yesterday asked what they could sell the new flyer ticket for, cause she got one. I said 10+ mill and someone else said 50+ mill. I didnt say anything but I didnt really believe it would go for that much - final sale price 62mill. Thats a lot of money for a flyer at 3.2 speed. My last flyer purchase, an Israfael already upgraded to 3speed cost me 4mill..........

How much money would you need to have spare, to consider spending 62mill for a flyer....
  • Rieco - Raging Tide
    Rieco - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What's also annoying is that they stuff all the holiday fashion into the CS for the limited time and they couldn't resist to stick the orbs in there, so stuff that should of cost me about 6-6.5 mill now costs me 10.2mill, your f2p players say thanks pwe!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

PWI has been doing this for 3 years. You expect them to change all of a sudden? lol

Forrest Gump once said...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What's also annoying is that they stuff all the holiday fashion into the CS for the limited time and they couldn't resist to stick the orbs in there, so stuff that should of cost me about 6-6.5 mill now costs me 10.2mill, your f2p players say thanks pwe!

Yeah, that's the biggest issue with these big sales. The items that aren't that popular but are also on sale at the same time as the popular items are way more expensive than they would otherwise be b:sad
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

If thats the case, I might misundertood you, I apologize.

well, Chinese ppl likes to gamble, Japanese likes Lottery-Ticket, so this game made by Asian needs to put it into this game :P
    dont take it seriously trolololocopter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Enarus - Heavens Tear
    Enarus - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    If thats the case, I might misundertood you, I apologize.

well, Chinese ppl likes to gamble, Japanese likes Lottery-Ticket, so this game made by Asian needs to put it into this game :P
    dont take it seriously trolololocopter

It's been stated before that online gambling is illegal in China. The cash shop for PWI is completely unique to our version of the game, and the devs have nothing to do with it or the sales, etc.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's been stated before that online gambling is illegal in China. The cash shop for PWI is completely unique to our version of the game, and the devs have nothing to do with it or the sales, etc.

Well then...my respect for PWE just dropped...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They figured that by putting them into packs, they'd give people more incentive to buy them.

After all, if a flyer is like 0.01%, that's 10,000 packs, which at current prices comes to 2,200 Gold.

On the other hand, if they put them into the Boutique for 50 Gold or 75 Gold or so, they'd probably sell more of those, at the cost of selling less packs and they could end up making less money.

Unfortunately that's a flawed logic, you could open 1m packs and never get the item. On the other hand you could buy 1 pack and get the desired item.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately that's a flawed logic, you could open 1m packs and never get the item. On the other hand you could buy 1 pack and get the desired item.

I could also buy 50 packs and get 50 Scrolls of Tome. Your point?

The probabilities set in the packs will be accurately represent the whole of the player base. And that's what matters. A few people getting the mount in the first five packs they open is irrelevant when there's 100 others who open 500 and don't get it.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.