Rep Sale

Options
Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
when is there going to be another rep sale?
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when is there going to be another rep sale?

Why? the current one going on isn't good for you?b:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *face palm*
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    14k-14.5k aren't even ****ing legitimate prices. Last year they were 7k-8k. ****ing gold prices must have shot up again, and in my mind there's no way in hell there is a rep sale going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    14k-14.5k aren't even ****ing legitimate prices. Last year they were 7k-8k. ****ing gold prices must have shot up again, and in my mind there's no way in hell there is a rep sale going on.

Press 'O'? b:sad
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sorry im not a cash shopper lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sorry im not a cash shopper lmao.

neither am i, but you can check if something is on sale or not before you make a pointless thread on the forums b:shutup
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it's a simple question i asked. **** wipes like urself like to troll just to get attention. so $tfu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea sure kid.. first of all i'm not trolling, and you dont have to be rude
    all you had to do is press 1 key ingame and look.. instead you choose to make a forum thread and waste time on that.. kthxbai
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ...and gold used to be 100k!

Ok, 50 rep badges cost 45 silver.

Top buy price for gold at the moment on Dreamweaver is 1.39m.

That works out at around 12.51k per rep badge.

I don't imagine the price of gold will be that far off on Harshlands.

Whilst gold obviously has been cheaper in the recent past, for the gear that it leads to for some classes, it's not bad value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao, im no kid. don't try to back off like some little bytch when i called u out. no, u r trolling with ur little emotes; so try not to lie. and second i already stated what i wanted to ask. i got my question asked not thanks to u nor okeano. so button it kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao, im no kid. don't try to back off like some little bytch when i called u out. no, u r trolling with ur little emotes; so try not to lie. and second i already stated what i wanted to ask. i got my question asked not thanks to u nor okeano. so button kid.

w/e QQ more kid.. not wasting anymore time on an idiot like you
    edited November 2011
    Options
    press 'o'? B:sad
    neither Am I, But You Can Check If Something Is On Sale Or Not Before You Make A Pointless Thread On The Forums B:shutup
    yea Sure Kid.. First Of All I'm Not Trolling, And You Dont Have To Be Rude
    All You Had To Do Is Press 1 Key Ingame And Look.. Instead You Choose To Make A Forum Thread And Waste Time On That.. Kthxbai

Shuddap!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    P.S. Wtf does qq mean anyway? make more sense when u try to troll. lol and don't expect a reply. i killed too many braincells arguing with u in the first place trash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The current rep sale has been going on since at least October 4th, 2011. There is as of yet no indicated time for the end of that sale. Nor do I expect that there ever will be as they specifically stated that they are trying a new set up where they do not indicate when they are ending their sale. The question I have is why it is still going on seeing as how it has been almost two full months (will be two full months as of the fourth of December) since the start of the sale, and I think that makes this officially the longest lasting Rep Sale of all time so far.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • fjgoph
    fjgoph Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    maby topicstarter want rep for free? pwi make sale on free bages for him...
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The current rep sale has been going on since at least October 4th, 2011. There is as of yet no indicated time for the end of that sale. Nor do I expect that there ever will be as they specifically stated that they are trying a new set up where they do not indicate when they are ending their sale. The question I have is why it is still going on seeing as how it has been almost two full months (will be two full months as of the fourth of December) since the start of the sale, and I think that makes this officially the longest lasting Rep Sale of all time so far.

Because Wraith Officer's Badges are unique source of reputation.
    They are necessary for players to get rank gear.

And if you want to resell them to other players for highest price, this is your problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    P.S. Wtf does qq mean anyway? make more sense when u try to troll. lol and don't expect a reply. i killed too many braincells arguing with u in the first place trash.

Look, if anyone is trolling anyone else it is you who is doing the trolling. The question you asked made it quite clear that you wanted to know when the next rep sale was going on. The fact is that at the current time there is a rep sale going on as we speak and there is no end date to that rep sale for all we know it is even possible that this rep sale could in fact be permanent.

Further you could very easily have done what other people said and looked in the Boutique to see if there were actually rep items being sold in there or not before you actually made this thread. That would have solved a great many of the problems that arose when you decided to make this thread. Instead when someone suggested that you do so, you get all emotional and claim "I am not a cash shopper!" Well guess what, looking inside the cash shop is 100% free. You are under no obligation to buy anything in the cash shop when you open that menu. So I see no reason why opening the menu should be problematic for you.

Further to answer your question as to what QQ means, it originally meant essentially "I am rage quitting this game" it has however morphed into a new meaning that essentially makes it the emote for a crying face.
    Because Wraith Officer's Badges are unique source of reputation.
    They are necessary for players to get rank gear.

And if you want to resell them to other players for highest price, this is your problem.

Actually this is patently false. You can, at least in theory (don't know if anyone has ever actually tried it or not) get reputation from Solo Mission Quests, other Quests that drop Rep, and from FB's. Not saying this is the most expediant method for obtaining the rank gear or even practical in the case of rank 9 gear. But it is in fact possible to do so even if it does take YEARS to do so.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Actually this is patently false. You can, at least in theory (don't know if anyone has ever actually tried it or not) get reputation from Solo Mission Quests, other Quests that drop Rep, and from FB's. Not saying this is the most expediant method for obtaining the rank gear or even practical in the case of rank 9 gear. But it is in fact possible to do so even if it does take YEARS to do so.

Would also add that with the advent of the anniversary (and subsequent packs) but before reptuation sales, some hardy folks spent loads on buying luck tokens, converting them into reputation badges and getting rank 8 that way.

I remember one of my friends managed to raise enough coin to do just that. A little after he managed it, the first reputation sale was introduced.

Suffice to say, he wasn't best pleased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Now it's cost is less than ever.

And I not see why someone would want to remove reputation sell.

Instead of "YEARS" people have now months.

And if someone want to help other players, he would say: "Let this sale be forever !".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Now it's cost is less than ever.

And I not see why someone would want to remove reputation sell.

Instead of "YEARS" people have now months.

And if someone want to help other players, he would say: "Let this sale be forever !".

the reason for a sale being taken off line at least temporarily, is so that the market does not become flooded with the product that is being sold. It would do little good for Perfect World Entertainment's pocket book, much less for Wanmei's attempts to foster competitive spirit between the various nations in the world in the Perfect World International Championship, if every person on the American and European Servers of Perfect World International who had the ability to blow 1,500 USD and was willing to do so, managed to achieve rank 9 Armor in less than a day's time.

Heck, in China to the best of my knowledge, you actually have to work for your rank 9 gear as they don't have rep sales there, and they have had the game for a lot longer than us here in the USA.

Additionally a flooded Market is a dead market. As soon as reputation becomes so common that everyone in the game has 300,000 reputation, then that is the day that the game dies given that one of the main driving forces of the end game is the rank 9 gear. That is unless Wanmei has some new content for high level characters in the works that does not revolve around reputation.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Additionally a flooded Market is a dead market. As soon as reputation becomes so common that everyone in the game has 300,000 reputation, then that is the day that the game dies given that one of the main driving forces of the end game is the rank 9 gear. That is unless Wanmei has some new content for high level characters in the works that does not revolve around reputation.
    While you yet see messages about FC runs (it is eternal), players need reputation for their characters.

Price of the gold (in coins) is unit to set price of the CS items.
    This was always so.

Really players sell not reputation, but gold.

If seller can't sell one item, then he will sell another.

More, Rank items bound to characters, so for each new character players need reputation again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    While you yet see messages about FC runs (it is eternal), players need reputation for their characters.

Price of the gold (in coins) is unit to set price of the CS items.
    This was always so.

Really players sell not reputation, but gold.

If seller can't sell one item, then he will sell another.

More, Rank items bound to characters, so for each new character players need reputation again.

And what is it exactly in your opinion that determines the price relationship between real life money, gold, and the in game currency of coins? I mean that price relationship didn't just pop into existence fully formed out of no where did it?
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And what is it exactly in your opinion that determines the price relationship between real life money, gold, and the in game currency of coins? I mean that price relationship didn't just pop into existence fully formed out of no where did it?

It is simple and clear for all players ...
    Using real money player buy Gold.

Now player can sell gold through Auction (exchange for coins).
    OR
    Using Gold player buy CS items.

And use them himself or sell to other players.

Example:
    Price of 1 CS item is 1 gold,
    per 10 is 9.9 gold.

if 1 gold cost 1 million coins (for example) then
    1 CS item cost 1 million coins, but
    10 items cost 9.9 millions coins.
    So seller can get 100k coins more from each 10 items in average.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think you missed the point entirely. I was asking how (using your example) it was determined that the price of gold should be set at 1 million coins. Or using my own server as an example, why it is that the price of gold is currently roughly 1.45 million coins on average. What factors determine this price or did that price just pop out of no where in particular?

In otherwords I am trying to determine whether you understand the driving forces of basic economic principles here.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think you missed the point entirely. I was asking how (using your example) it was determined that the price of gold should be set at 1 million coins. Or using my own server as an example, why it is that the price of gold is currently roughly 1.45 million coins on average. What factors determine this price or did that price just pop out of no where in particular?

In otherwords I am trying to determine whether you understand the driving forces of basic economic principles here.

From my thread Formula for Price of Gold:

Hi, PWI players.

I read many threads before 2xDrop event with pause on 2x Drop event and now again:
    Cause once GMs saw gold at 600k last time they were like "oh yea we have to do this again"

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=146721

Yep the Greedy PWE has Finally Destroyed this game it was already going down the drain but now its official. RIP PWI b:bye

what is result of:
    Hey guys, it's up!

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

Keep in mind that, while the "Items Vendored" tab will show your history instantly, it will take up to 1 hour for you to actually be able to use your points.

Also, know that we'll be adding more reward items over time :)

Official News Post

and 2XDrop event, because

Price of gold formed so:

(Price of gold)=(Sum Of Coins Available Per Player) *((Demanded Quantity Of Gold) / (Proposed Quantity Of Gold))

If we now have low (Proposed Quantity Of Gold) with same (Demanded Quantity Of Gold), then (Price of gold) is big.

Also, if everyone has more coins (Sum Of Coins Available Per Player) because of 2X Drop Event, then (Price of gold) is big too.

Anyone can say something against it ?

Why you blame PWI ?

Edit:

Here some results of discussion:
    lol at your 18k dp in 2 weeks?

2. normal players and super farmers (who earn per week like whole faction from TW) want them so they increase gold price.
    every 90lvl+ want $-items (orbs and packs) because endgame is totally dependent from them.

With introduction of Hyper stones (never used them) when "player" can got high level during weeks, I not wonder about high demand of gold.

If we have same proposition of gold as was before, we will have high price of gold.
    i dont buy packs, i buy tokens and best lucks from other players..

in last month i converted:
    40 - 60 best lucks --> coins
    20 000 - 30 000 tokens --> coins

so i have injected 200-300 mil from best lucks and 200-300 mil from tokens directly into game..

in total thats 400-600 mil coins just from 1 merchant.. and there are at least 10 merchants that i'm aware of that do the same thing..

and that is just merchants.. imagine how many more players convert their tokens/bests into coins..

DQ coins are joke compared to this..

One only good number for me here - number of tokens of luck.

Thank you for information.

Edit:
    Really big infusion of coins (this raise price of gold - it is bad for high level players) and (what is good for all) Tokens of Luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Price of gold formed so:

(Price of gold)=(Sum Of Coins Available Per Player) *((Demanded Quantity Of Gold) / (Proposed Quantity Of Gold))

If we now have low (Proposed Quantity Of Gold) with same (Demanded Quantity Of Gold), then (Price of gold) is big.

Wait what? So your entire economic model for the price of gold hinges on:

A. the sum of an item that in effect has an infinite supply (because in theory there is an infinite supply of available coin in the game)

B. the demand of an item that is put into the game solely by purchasing it through real life money

and C. some abstract monetary figure which somehow determines the value of the gold.

So basically you assume that the value of the gold is based on the value of the gold? Yeah that works about as well as backing the U.S. Dollar on the promises of the banks to their customers (which ironically is exactly what the U.S. Dollar is currently backed by). Fact is to have a stable economy, you need to have something backing the economy that is a tad bit more stable than what you basically just proposed.

================

To be blunt, the price of gold in the Auction House is largely determined by the supply and demand for the items that are obtained from within the Cash Shop. This includes the items inside of the Gift Packs such as the Anniversary Pack and Easy Rider Pack, as well as the Wraith Officer Badges. Without merchants selling these items there would be no basis to determine the value of gold in actuality.

EDIT: to the mods, sorry about the accidental necro of the thread that quote came from, I had to extract it from the mega quote that he posted and doing that managed to put my post in the thread that he originally posted that quote in without my realizing it.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So basically you assume that the value of the gold is based on the value of the gold? ...
    Sorry, but in my formula price of gold is dependent from amount of available coins (which players can pay for gold) and amount of available gold. Also it dependent from necessary amount of gold.

You can't pay more than you have and you can't buy more than they can sell, but you need 1405 gold for rank 9.

So, you will pay what you have and if you will buy all gold from Auction, gold will raise in price.

If you will buy it again, it will raise even more, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sorry, but in my formula price of gold is dependent from amount of available coins (which players can pay for gold) and amount of available gold. Also it dependent from necessary amount of gold.

You can't pay more than you have and you can't buy more than they can sell, but you need 1405 gold for rank 9.

So, you will pay what you have and if you will buy all gold from Auction, gold will raise in price.

You are using abstract concepts to define the value of gold. Couching it by claiming that it is based off the price of Rank 9 Armor and the availability there of doesn't make it any better. What happens to the value of the Gold once everyone has Rank 9 Armor (unlikely as that may seem, but possible if the current sale never ends)?

Anyways I am going to bed now, I may respond to posts in this thread when I wake up, then again I may not.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You are using abstract concepts to define the value of gold. Couching it by claiming that it is based off the price of Rank 9 Armor and the availability there of doesn't make it any better. What happens to the value of the Gold once everyone has Rank 9 Armor (unlikely as that may seem, but possible if the current sale never ends)?

Anyways I am going to bed now, I may respond to posts in this thread when I wake up, then again I may not.

If all players will have rank 9 and and no one will want to create new character, then ... no need in reputation sale, it can be finished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Be "Pro" Press "O"
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute