Server's Strongest Char

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
Ok, lets make an actual serious topic for once, for the oldies on this forum. This server has always had people who rose to insane power and got their 15 minutes of fame. Who do you think was the strongest compared to the rest of the server at that period in time?

Edit: By strongest i mean, for 2 months Alex rampaged w/ his incredible CS and was one of the stronger chars on the server. Was he more powerful than say, what UrDian was when comparing the gears the rest of the server had at the time?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you're interested in making polls and analyzing data, try the Archers forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have this list of things that a person can say in order to convince me they dunno jack about PVP.
    One of them is a list of players who are often referred to as cash shoppers by the non-PVP community, but in actuality their gear is pretty meh or at least was meh for the majority of their PVP career.
    Rome is on this list.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    I have this list of things that a person can say in order to convince me they dunno jack about PVP.
    One of them is a list of players who are often referred to as cash shoppers by the non-PVP community, but in actuality their gear is pretty meh or at least was meh for the majority of their PVP career.
    Rome is on this list.

Rome DID CS, but it wasn't out of control or unreasonable like some that I posted, and he had an expensive archer alt. At one point he WAS a powerhouse. He was ~5x when everyone else was barely getting out of bluename b:cute. I remember one part in SP where like the entire faction of Carebears was trying to kill Rome and he just stood there laughing. Though I think Shinigamii was stronger at the time.

TBH I only listed his name cause I ran out of names, and the poll kinda sputtered out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I remember alex was pretty much a wee bit stronger than the other archer that pvped with him, xx something was his name. But one player which gear really was unmatched at a certain point was headtrauma, but on this list I believe Iamkiller +11 crossbow killed pretty much anything b:surrender .

EDIT: ther other archer was xXlegendXx or something like that
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i dunno why urdian is on this list. He is not an oldie nor has he ever been hard to kill. Ive seen ppl with way less gear kill him in open pvp, and ive seen him do absolutely nothing to survive anymore than 1 charm tick in a tw. angeRRR, acrelar or BigDin would have been better choices imo. Could also add HT and tekkblade to the list for lulz. They had their 15 mins of fame, no one can deny that.

Good idea for a poll tho. "Strongest" is kind of a vague word open to interpretation. And most of the ppl who vote on this prolly have never seen these ppl in their prime as there is that large group of ppl who started playing after the map reset ~ 7-8 months ago?.
  • Woneo - Lost City
    Woneo - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    +11 tt90

But angeRR wuz the best player
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    I remember alex was pretty much a wee bit stronger than the other archer that pvped with him, xx something was his name. But one player which gear really was unmatched at a certain point was headtrauma, but on this list I believe Iamkiller +11 crossbow killed pretty much anything b:surrender .

Damn, I can't believe I forgot headtrauma. That guy was so OP at one point he one-shot me.

With a bow.

And Curses, UrDian WAS insanely OP at one point. I've seen him take on 3-4 other R9's and still get kills. If he played now, his gear would still be the best on the server, save for perhaps Jekel.

It's just that your OP Catalyst DD's focus-firing one person makes it impossible to survive for any length of time besides popping an IG in a TW.

Do you think you could survive for more than a charm tick if 3 R9 archers suddenly focused you at once? I'd bet lag would make it so you wouldn't even see most of the damage numbers or have time to AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Do you think you could survive for more than a charm tick if 3 R9 archers suddenly focused you at once? I'd bet lag would make it so you wouldn't even see most of the damage numbers or have time to AD.

try 5 yo
    b:bye
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    +11 tt90

But angeRR wuz the best player

Nearly forgot about angeRR and dejavu, at a certain point whenever those two came, it was death sentence. I remember once when I was in laststand, we tried to interupt them from killing a world boss. We went there in a large group and we didnt realise angerr was there, all I heard on vent was, "wtf". Ppl were getting wiped like nothing lol back in the days nix was op.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WTB "Classics" server from PWI, pre-everyf**kingeverythingthat'swrongwiththisgame. I will walk away from all the gears/coins on HL, no questions ask.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Pretty much nurfed is the only one there I can vote for, as during their peaks none of the others could kill me 1v1, me and rome were pretty much on par for the majority of the time (he beat me to 90 I beat him to 100 and we both hit 30 at the same time), I have beaten urdian in 1v1s when we were both in zulu (he was full +12 back then too and honestly there is no excuse for losing a 1v1 as a +12 psy vs a bm with only 3 +10 armor pieces and no mdef orns).

Angerr wasnt much of a problem for a bm, back in my 8x's I chased him from butterflies all the way to whetstone and he was 9x his build seriously hampered his damage and he required his nix to provide the majority of the dps. Nixes were powerful back then but in general no one veno was a stand out as the most powerful in pvp as any nix veno could pull off the same combos with similar damage output.

Perhaps the scariest players to me when I was leveling back in the old days

Nurfed (because I was going to die)
    Fiya (because it meant nurfed was coming)
    Ultimate (I had a metal immune skill on my genie just to survive his sleep debuff triple spark thunder ganks)
    Burnout (cause it meant we would spend 10 mins jumping around the sky ticking charms before we decided it wasnt worth the effort)
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Burnout can you make a poll of the best fail person on HL?

i bet i win everyone b:dirty

watch
    l
    l
    l
    l
    v
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Eh, I voted for Rome.

He is the only BM I know who can/ could play his class properly.

That right there is worth it's weight in OP gear.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Out of the entire server, there's one player who can play it properly. BM must be a damn hard class.
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    People really, really forget about _soniC_
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Rome DID CS, but it wasn't out of control or unreasonable like some that I posted, and he had an expensive archer alt. At one point he WAS a powerhouse. He was ~5x when everyone else was barely getting out of bluename b:cute. I remember one part in SP where like the entire faction of Carebears was trying to kill Rome and he just stood there laughing. Though I think Shinigamii was stronger at the time.

TBH I only listed his name cause I ran out of names, and the poll kinda sputtered out.

Rome wasn't as high of a level as you think and he definitely cs'd when I played.

Archers are OP at 7x and they still couldn't beat me and iffy 2v2 (both robes). They weren't good archers.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Out of the entire server, there's one player who can play it properly. BM must be a damn hard class.

I've fought my share of BM's, and I definitely notice a huge difference in the way Rome plays vs any other random BM. It's not that other BM's can't stunlock, but Rome can do it even when there's pure chaos going on around him.

A big difference is that he knows exactly what to do in any situation to prevent death. He knows when to spark for immunity, when it's a good time to drop (he see's my sutra, and I'm already air-to-grounding him by the time my 0 channel ult hits), and he's smart enough to never try to tank a caster's triple spark or be foolish enough to think I'd triple spark without a way to avoid stuns (cough Okopogo cough :p ). If you see me triple spark in a 1v1 duel and your first instinct is to use occult ice or roar instead of kiting, then you've already lost.

The other thing is that Rome actually positions himself to catch as many targets with roar as possible. Most BM's just lock onto some random target and mash their roar button and hope it hits a lot of people. Seems simple, but it makes a big difference in group pvp whether you catch 1 target or all 3, and a lot of BM's can't even seem to do that properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I feel betrayed I'm not on this list burnout!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited November 2011

I APOLOGIZED TO YOU!

What? Now you want a cookie too? b:kiss
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Do you have more than a cookie to offer? b:mischievous
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Damn, I can't believe I forgot headtrauma. That guy was so OP at one point he one-shot me.

With a bow.

And Curses, UrDian WAS insanely OP at one point. I've seen him take on 3-4 other R9's and still get kills. If he played now, his gear would still be the best on the server, save for perhaps Jekel.

It's just that your OP Catalyst DD's focus-firing one person makes it impossible to survive for any length of time besides popping an IG in a TW.

His gear was op ya. But he didnt have a clue how to play a psy. As i said in the rest of my post which ur ignoring, he's died 1 v1 to several ppl with significantly less gear. If a full nirvana geared archer or full nirvana gear any body ever kills me in a 1 v 1 while i have full +12 r9 i would just quit the game.

Just my opinion. No one has to share it :P. As far as tw, everyone gets focus fired at some point. But its pretty widely accepted he didnt have a clue what he was doing and it showed. A full +12 psy is the most op pvp class maybe only next to a full +12 sin. The "ability" to succeed in a 4 v1 = the ability to be passively sealing and stunning ppl for 5-14 seconds :P. Him being a psy and me being an archer doesnt directly compare. But to ur comment of tanking focus fire from 3 r9 archers. "tanking" means surviving. And with positioning, evasion skill, wog, AD, expel, IG, you can easily survive focus fire in TW. It starts with having the knowledge of not dropping the middle of those 3-4 archers in the first place, doesnt it?
  • Jekel - Harshlands
    Jekel - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    suuuuuuuuuuppp
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Icon - Best guild fund embezzler. His only real feat was robbing Kingdom blind then quitting again. His PvP tactic when fighting me, even though he was almost 20 levels higher, was send the nix in and boost away. Wasn't impressed with Captain Mana Bow before and he was a worse veno than archer.

UrDian - Never heard of it. However I'll take Curse's word for it, if he's full +12 R9 and dying to average Nirvana geared players, as a psy, he should just quit. Psychics are unbelievably unbalanced so he has no real excuse. All the money in the world can't cover up a ****ty player.

Alex - Unimpressed. Even when his HH80 gold bow was the best weapon on server he couldn't kill me or Rome. This guy didn't know how to kite and definitely didn't know how to use an aerial battle to his advantage. My guess is he learned to PvP from Icon.

Nurfed - Was always a good player. He always showed a great amount of potential and he used virtually everything to his advantage. My only complaint would be when he got R8 and became the most over geared player he got sloppy. I suppose that's just what happens.

Iamkiller - Never heard of it, looks like a sin.

Rome - Another good player, this guy used everything. Back when people laughed at the skills Tiger Leap/ Leap Back he learned them and made people look like chumps with them. Always payed attention to what was happening around him, no complaints there. Not sure if he ever dropped the ball and got lazy when it came to PvP or not but he was phenomenal in his prime.

People I'm surprised didn't make the list: AngeRR of course (Him and his two friends ruined everyone's life from 30-80's), Echo and Gloom (They actually purged and stunned me, much more than most the other venos did at the time), Kiwi (Say what you want devoted **** all over YuKii and got his name on an entire guilds KoS list) and Ligeia (He had one of the first HH60 weapons on server, thanks to Martin. He was also vit build/ sage yet still hauled ***).
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    suuuuuuuuuuppp

Heeeeeeeeeey. BBQ chicken pizza tonigghhhttt. You should get some too and we can pretend we're eating one together....like a dateb:dirty
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    WTB "Classics" server from PWI, pre-everyf**kingeverythingthat'swrongwiththisgame. I will walk away from all the gears/coins on HL, no questions ask.

This^
    I <3 A lot of people
  • WhiteBish - Momaganon
    WhiteBish - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why was Icon on there? If you were trying to toss in a veno you shoulda put KISSES, Echo, or Omen.

Icon put all he had into Kingdom so his gear wasn't ever impressive.
    Anyone who knew Image would testify to his fail at pvp.

Nurfed - in his time - was more dominant than anyone has been on HL.

Ligeia was pretty renown, too. Weird choice of candidates.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Icon put all he had into Kingdom so his gear wasn't ever impressive.
    Can't tell if trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • WhiteBish - Momaganon
    WhiteBish - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    And why is that? Did you hear something or do you actually know how things went down?

Icon put more into other people's gear than he did his own. Not to mention buying Echo part of a Herc and Nix. I can't recall Icon going all out on his gear. Things that happened after he quit weren't done by him - obviously.

The closest thing he did to "robbing KD" was putting gems from world bosses in his helm. When he quit he gave that helm to Taboo.
    Did I miss something?
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    And why is that? Did you hear something or do you actually know how things went down?

Icon put more into other people's gear than he did his own. Not to mention buying Echo part of a Herc and Nix. I can't recall Icon going all out on his gear. Things that happened after he quit weren't done by him - obviously.

The closest thing he did to "robbing KD" was putting gems from world bosses in his helm. When he quit he gave that helm to Taboo.
    Did I miss something?

Yeah, you missed a spot right *THERE* on Icon's bum. b:kiss