Sage sin worth it?

Options
chocamocha
chocamocha Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Assassin
Ok so I've started playing pwi again after a while and I'm interested in making a sin. However, I don't plan on csing so I wanted to roll a sage sin. I wanted to know if sage sins are any good or if I should just roll another class if I can't afford apps. Any advice is welcome.
Post edited by chocamocha on

Comments

• Kieraa - Lost City
    Kieraa - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you want aps and you can put in the hard time getting great gear then you should go sage because sage is the better choice (In PVP as well as PVE I've heard) if you want a cheaper way to get aps (and as far as I know sage sins can not get to max 5aps without some type of genie skill) then you should go demon if you want the aps through spark. I chose demon for the aps+ I liked demon better..

http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    ^ check that out for more assistance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I used to play a level 92 Demon Archer called Olba. However, around that time, I wasn't too keen on FCCing because I was factionless. Also, at the time, Heaven Shatterer was THE endgame weapon and had a price tag of around 75,000,000 coins. The reason I decided to reroll to Assassin was because I figured that without Heaven Shatterer, I'd have to settle for one of the TT99s. On the Assassin, I figured I could get away with using TT99 Green, because Nirvana weapons weren't out yet.

Now, about 17 months later, I'm sitting on my Sage Assassin. I have spent about 150,000,000 coins on acquiring and learning skillbooks. My gear is worth a bit over 300,000,000 coins. I also have about 200,000,000 in merchandise.

For the record, if anything, a Sage Assassin is more expensive than a Demon. The gear is not different at all, because the APS gear happens to be the best gear in the game, regardless of cultivation. However, most people go for Sage Sin because they want some of the skills. And those skills usually are the expensive ones. Also, from a squad point of view, being a Sage Sin is worthless if you don't have Sage Bloodpaint, which alone costs about 30,000,000 coins.

You don't pick a class or a cultivation based on what you can or can't afford. You pick a class because you enjoy playing it and you pick a cultivation because you think it'll benefit your character more. Also, just because you can't afford something now does not mean that you wouldn't be able to afford it later.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You don't pick a class or a cultivation based on what you can or can't afford. You pick a class because you enjoy playing it and you pick a cultivation because you think it'll benefit your character more. Also, just because you can't afford something now does not mean that you wouldn't be able to afford it later.

This resumes all.

Just keep in mind that any class will have it's potential grow with the price of it's equipment, and in the end, all classes are expensive. Any class and culti can be made as expensive as you choose it to be, but will also be able to go with whatever you decide as "good enough".

Ofc, as a sin you will be judged on your aps, and without "5.0 aps" you will get some stupid reactions. But on a barb you will be judged on hp, on seeker on def lvls, on veno on your pet and lvl of your amp, etc etc. As long as you can be satisfied with what you are able to get, there is no reason to change your class or culti on your budget.

All pros for sage culti on sin (and same for demon ofc), are true for any budget or lvl of equipment.
  • chocamocha
    chocamocha Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok thanks for the info, i will just roll a sin and forget about culti for now after all i dont have to worry about it any time soon.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    personally, i am a sage, and love it

but then again, if i played a demon, i may love it as well, so its hard to say, but i have no regrets
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I would have to argue that for sage sins the weapon becomes more important. Demon sins have more of an option to go rank 8 (2 mil for the dagger) where I'd encourage sage sins to go G13 (200 mil) or better to get the same aps/dd.

Sage sins have the benefit of being able to solo a little bit sooner than demon bms because until you get decent refines you will find bosses can kill you in a few hits without the damage reduction. Usually its during a seal/stun/purge where your not getting any paint heals and *pop*pop* your dead. Sage sins get to avoid this with their 25% damage reduction in spark. I'd say demon sins become the better soloers once refined, though.

I made a sin, got it to 89, compared culti's, and went sage. I liked the sage culti for a couple reasons, but going from a 5 aps BM to a 2.86 sage sin was... tedious. In my opinion the demon culti is more geared towards how a sin should be played with the suicidal insane damage creating mass heals, where a sage culti doesn't offer the DD but offers more survivability/control skills and brings it more back to a slightly tankier but weaker DD. Kind of like a pure LA BM, squishy but high crit. So I reconsidered my culti and went demon and like it much better. The DD is better and has caught up to the "tankiness" of a sage sin because I get heals faster than a sage sin would, plus the skills are more geared towards a sins strengths.

I also wouldn't worry too much about the skills between the two cultis. As a demon you might get demon dagger mastery, rib strike, and demon triple spark. As a sage its sage paint, sage mastery, and sage triple spark. Roughly about the same cost for the two skills, in the 25 mil area. But aps gear is an investment. It's expensive, but its an investment that pays for itself and more later on.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory