Love it when friends delete me b/c I leave...

Tazi - Heavens Tear
Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Etherblade (West)
If we are friends and we chatted OFTEN, then why delete me from FL just because we are no longer in the same guild?

It seems quite childish to end a friendship because someone left a guild. We obviously had some things in common to make us friends, right?

I'm not mad just disappointed and sad.
I guess some people defriend people in RL when they no longer live in the same city.

Good luck. I wish you well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard - Tazi 100
Psychic - Anastaszia 70
Post edited by Tazi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If we are friends and we chatted OFTEN, then why delete me from FL just because we are no longer in the same guild?

It seems quite childish to end a friendship because someone left a guild. We obviously had some things in common to make us friends, right?

I'm not mad just disappointed and sad.
    I guess some people defriend people in RL when they no longer live in the same city.

Good luck. I wish you well.

Just cause you consider someone a friend... that doesn't mean s/he will/should consider you a friend. And obvious the thing you guys had in common is the same guild... now that's removed... you are just some random weirdo to him/her.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    A lot of people are like that. You can't hate them for it though. Some people have tendencies to only speak to people in their faction because it's just..convenient so to say? I've lost contact with some good friends when one of us changed guilds, but we still saw each other as friends. Some people however, will delete/hate you once you leave and see you as a traitor. There are a few out there who are like that.

It's sociologically hard to understand sometimes.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    there are also times when really good friends leave the faction to join one that is involved with things you do not agree with. Which, you made your bed...now lie in it. You cannot fault people for staying true to the ideals they beleive in, when you no longer believe in them yoruself. this is not to condem them for these decessions, but maybe to justify why people do what they do to an extent.

I myself have lost many really good friends due to this...but hey its a game, and people are totaly allowed to make their own choices. I just do not have to agree with them all of the time

that being said, friends are not gone forever, people reconnect all the time

just enjoy the game doing whatever you want to do. just dont get piissed off at people for not always agreeing with it.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Some ppl tend to see things in black and white. You are with them or against them. Theres no middle way and thats when you realize they were not really ur friends, just guild mates. If you really felt they were your friends and they walked away from you because you choose differently than they do, then take a look at the text of my siggy and you will understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I wanted to slap a handful of GD when they bashed on someone who left and joined Enrage, simply cos they were in Enrage now. Narrow minded idiots lol.

And it wouldn't surprise me in this day and age, if you have great gear or 5aps, people are only friends with you for their own benefit b:surrender
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    I wanted to slap a handful of GD when they bashed on someone who left and joined Enrage, simply cos they were in Enrage now. Narrow minded idiots lol.

And it wouldn't surprise me in this day and age, if you have great gear or 5aps, people are only friends with you for their own benefit b:surrender

are you saying that people who have their own ideas of what is acceptable behaviour and what is not, are idiots?

dont get me wrong im not intending to bash on Enrage, but as you made them the focal point of your comment, then thats where it shall be directed.

sorry trig, I have never had anything against you, and thought it sucked when you guys left Rad for whatever reason, but thats possibly the silliest, misguided and dumbest comments i've ever heard you troll with.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011

That happens a lot in most guilds. I remember I left Caesar and a friend from Caesar was PMing me that people in guild chat were saying I was going to join Tao, when I had no intention on TW at the time. It sounded like I was being bashed on from what ppl told me, but honestly, I don't care, those people take this game too serious, and really suck the fun out of it. Sorry they let the game get to their heads.

Now I pretty much solo instances when I'm bored, only to fund my WC money since WC is now my faction chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    are you saying that people who have their own ideas of what is acceptable behaviour and what is not, are idiots?

dont get me wrong im not intending to bash on Enrage, but as you made them the focal point of your comment, then thats where it shall be directed.

sorry trig, I have never had anything against you, and thought it sucked when you guys left Rad for whatever reason, but thats possibly the silliest, misguided and dumbest comments i've ever heard you troll with.

I thought that comment is quite normal and logical. Which, y'know, is saying a bit cuz I tend to think most comments other people make are stupid. Perhaps you are offended because you are one of those people he's calling dumb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited November 2011

xD Meant someone left and joined Enrage to be with real life friends. And a handful from GD bashed on said person simply because they joined Enrage. Said person considered them friends etc, and was upset they would act the way they did.
    It's amazing how peoples' opinions change, and how many appear 2-faced when something as simple as changing factions happens, is what I was getting at.

Didn't mean for it to come across in the manor you said sorry. b:surrender

K back to farming rubies in Vendetta b:kiss
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    its quite possible. as ive already stated that i have lost friends due to this reason...but i dont think holding true to ones principals is dumb...

just as you guys hold to the trueism taht you are @ssholes and puppy kickers, and proud of that, I can respect you for being true to yourself, but that doesnt mean i have to agree with it, or even subscribe to those ideals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    its quite possible. as ive already stated that i have lost friends due to this reason...but i dont think holding true to ones principals is dumb...

just as you guys hold to the trueism taht you are @ssholes and puppy kickers, and proud of that, I can respect you for being true to yourself, but that doesnt mean i have to agree with it, or even subscribe to those ideals.

I think trigger's point is that having principles that make you lose friends over guild tags is dumb. I don't think he has any problem with people following their principles in general b:laugh

Also we don't have a truism of that kind. It's your own narrow-mindedness and jealousies that make you believe we do. Enrage actually just allows us to do whatever, we don't force anyone to be *******s, we don't care if you choose to be carebear (our leader is one >_>), we don't have "truisms" in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited November 2011
    I think trigger's point is that having principles that make you lose friends over guild tags is dumb. I don't think he has any problem with people following their principles in general b:laugh

Thank you lol, is what I meant b:beatup

And no Bale, I wasn't referring to you b:kiss
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have 10k rubies on vendetta if you want them.
    edited November 2011
    I have 10k rubies on vendetta if you want them.

Gimme gimme gimme :O lol
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Next time make sure You show them Your bewbies and they will never delete You from FL

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/187897-1/Webcam_girl_flashes.gif
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Also we don't have a truism of that kind. It's your own narrow-mindedness and jealousies that make you believe we do. Enrage actually just allows us to do whatever, we don't force anyone to be *******s, we don't care if you choose to be carebear (our leader is one >_>), we don't have "truisms" in general.

QFT xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I dont think changing to another rival faction is a simple thing. In a previous game it was almost taboo to change to a rival faction, and thus it was rare for people to hop around. Because of this i've been amazed how easy people switch though. It cant be helped when a faction dies of course, but also in this in my previous game you tried to merge with another. If i happen to leave rad it would be a very good reason.

A lot of people here seem to have a friend orientated look instead of a guild oriented one when it comes down to who they interact with. Personally i'm the guild orientated one, meaning i really don't do much with people frm outside the guild. Be it squadding or even talking. I do try to stay on touch with some ex guildies and friends thanks to fl. But most friends who left my guild stopped talking to me, and that's indeed when you realize how little you meant to them, which you sadly have to accept.

What also can suck is when you have people that you consider to be a friend, but because you were in the same guild, you didnt add him or her to your fl. So when that person left. You entirely stop talking to that person.

Anyways, i'm always open to friendships from outside guild. I just don't get to interactmuch with the outside from my guild which makes it a bit tough to make nee friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ill be your nee friend shif b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I think at one point or another many people have been in a situation like this. If something makes you unhappy about being in a certain guild then your true friends will understand and stick by your side whereas the ones that only want to benefit from you will move on to other people. This is the trend and it's best to move on cause if they are able to turn a cold shoulder cause you decided to go somewhere else to make yourself happier then they weren't friends from the start. It's really funny how people see one guild as 'the bad guys' when members of their own guild do/have done the same thing.

I'm all for making friends regardless of the guild tag above their head. To me that is one of the dumbest reasons to abandon a friend. This is my view but I stick by friends regardless of what faction they are in. Yes there are limitations to what I can do like in any faction I can't PK my own guild members for a friend. However, I am willing to help friends on quests or other aspects if they ask me whenever I'm online. Guess it's up to the individual and if they view this as a game to have fun and BS on or if they view it as more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    back when i was still playing, i deleted people from my list if they joined drakon
    it happens, deal with it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I dont care which faction people are in. They stay the same perspn. But it sucks if a faction somehow changes that person. Seen it happen in past sadly.

And one of my good friends deleted me from their fl because i was badmouthing mono...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011

LOL. How is that not normal. I was in Radiance for a good year before I left for Enrage. And boy did Rad guild chat had a field day when someone mention that I was banned during the first Oracle event. These are the same guys that I been a "guildie" to for a whole ****ing year. At least I should take comfort in that they did not bash me as soon as I leave. Guild-mate does not equate to friends in any way or form. They are more like weird co-workers... you have to work with them... but you don't have to like them.
    Yes there are limitations to what I can do like in any faction I can't PK my own guild members for a friend.

That was my thought a long while back. Until you realize that some of your guildies are just *****... not just to outsiders... but even to you. For a while now... there are certain guildie that I'll have no problem killing if one of my friends ask (even one from a rival guild). Well...more or less I probably just needed an excuse to kill.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What retsuko said b:cute typically I do make friends with my guildies my friend list is not however infinite so I don't go around adding everyone I take a liking to :3 So when they leave the guild its hard to keep in contact Gale as an example Gale was always way awesome but we never hit it off even more awesomely :3 so I never did add gale to my fl sad really cause I only get to talk to gale sometimes now. Point being we lose contact with those outside the guild in fact talk a bit less to people not very close to us or in our FC every day.

I'm sorry they deleted you off their FL perhaps they are just mad at you and thats the only way they feel they can get back. And obviously it worked :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Personally, I've lost several which-I-thought were "good friends" when I have left previous factions to join another.

When I left Avengers -> Enrage, I lost the majority of my friends list.
    When I left Enrage -> Tao, I lost 1/3rd of my Friends list.
    When I left Radiance -> GoldDigrz, I lost 1/4th of my friends list.

Be it for how it happened, or whatever. I still don't understand. Mass-majority of my friends, I will bend over backwards for: No matter what faction they are in. It doesn't matter. Friendship has no boundaries if, it's a true friendship. So, with this being said. Be glad for the ability to "shun(un-friendslist) the non believers! SHUNNN!(ppl that deleted you)". It's refreshing to know who is your friend, and who isn't.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Personally, I've lost several which-I-thought were "good friends" when I have left previous factions to join another.

Be it for how it happened, or whatever. I still don't understand. Mass-majority of my friends, I will bend over backwards for: No matter what faction they are in. It doesn't matter. Friendship has no boundaries if, it's a true friendship. So, with this being said. Be glad for the ability to "shun(un-friendslist) the non believers! SHUNNN!(ppl that deleted you)". It's refreshing to know who is your friend, and who isn't.

I dun think we were ever on ech others fl but we have stayed friends even tho you did join gd
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I dun think we were ever on ech others fl but we have stayed friends even tho you did join gd

Yep, I have a lot of friends - I wish Paul didn't have so many alts. Or I'd have more Friends list spots... -facepalm-

We still need to get together sometime... Hope to make it before I move, heh.
    Stupid psycho folks, getting in the way of my chill time. Gwarg.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011

Aww D:

Though I think you've swapped guilds enough times since we've met to know it wouldn't ever affect what I think of you :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    maybe next week disa?let me see what cuddles is doing,u check ur stuff and let me know
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.