Bring back dragoon exp on 3rd boss.

Comments

• Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What still perplexes me is how people can be so bloody lazy..... The whole point of playing a game is to have fun with friends, make new ones on the way and to progress through the levels. Not to start a nub character and go from 1 to 100 quicker then a Hayabusa motor cycle reaches 60 mph. I agree with the idea of removing the 3rd boss' ability to spawn those dragoons and putting their exp back up, but until such a time they can do that, from what I understand they can't, then the exp nerf on them is fine by me and the rest of the community that wants to Earn that 3 digit level, granted the only thing we'll get other then a sense of satisfaction is an 'internetz cookie' but believe it or not there are people out there that don't want to run the risk of being banned (Like that will ever happen anyway(!)) by using an exploit in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    what is worst that your saying it wont ever happen to get banned for going against a set of rules or getting banned for doing it.

i sincerly do not understand where ppl moral have gone off to and this is not about (this is a game) mentallity.

if you do it here in the game your doing it in real life and you knew it something come with you from rl and going aganst a set of rules is one of them.

its what we call in real life being a criminal.

sadly gm in this game have forgoten how to represent there work as police men.

where are there cojones b:shutup
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    what is worst that your saying it wont ever happen to get banned for going against a set of rules or getting banned for doing it.

i sincerly do not understand where ppl moral have gone off to and this is not about (this is a game) mentallity.

if you do it here in the game your doing it in real life and you knew it something come with you from rl and going aganst a set of rules is one of them.

its what we call in real life being a criminal.

sadly gm in this game have forgoten how to represent there work as police men.

where are there cojones b:shutup
    when competition and epeen primary concern ppl do anything to get attn one ex is lv 105 another few is showing off new gear mount flyers fash etc

ask most ppl why open packs? answer recognition in red msg spam

that as far as moral goes ppl want advantage and attn and do anything to get it

rl another thing entirely and u have bigger probs that need take care of first if u think exploit game bug compare to rl criminal
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    @ Zanri : I took the time to read your comments in blue carefully. Though we seem to agree that leaving it like it is atm (with just goons exp reduced, and end of story), is not the right choice, our visions seem to greatly differ.

You say "no rational debate to be expected on video game forums" after your arguments, as if the players wanting some kind of punishment are just jealous kids. However, leading my own company, I think your solution is very bad. Yes, reducing a few lvls is more annoying them then anything else. And that is the point. Even though someone is a good costumer, you can't allow him/her to do wathever they want. Since you like to point out it's a business, keep in mind that if you don't enforce some rules, you will be walked over and nobody will pay you in time.

It's not just a moralist issue. I'm not specially jealous of those who are 105 or who have 5+ lvl100s. I could have that, by legit or glitching means, if I wanted. I know from previous examples that there is a 95% chance PWE won't take any measures now the glitch is "solved". The problem I see, is that some cashshoppers determine what is right or wrong. What's the point of a ToS if you don't enforce any rules ? Why did they threaten with bans ? Why did they state in official announcement it's "a bannable offence" ?

Yes, I agree it's a busines. And that means there is a continuous sort of power struggle with costumers, especially big (read : Good) ones. If they don't follow your rules, you have to annoy them enough that they will, but not so much that they prefer to leave.

But you're right, it's just a yes-no debate, even if thread is closed. The topic comes up at least once every 2 weeks, and each time I defend my vision : Glitching of any kind should have a drawback when getting caught. Any other measure is totaly futile and only destroys the game (more then it is already).
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I love how a lot of you act like you've got something against Goons. But I'm more than sure, at least 60% of you did goons when the exp wasn't nerfed. So stop trying to act like a Goody Goody, we all know deep down inside you want goons back just as much as the rest of us. It's nearly impossible to reach 103 without goons on certain classes. Cleric being especially hard considering we have don't another cleric to revive us in most cases. Where as everyone else does. Now i know what you're going to say. "Well use GAs (GSs whatever). Wanna pay for them?

Sure it was exploiting a glitch, but who was it hurting? PW I'm sure you made a killing in charms, people charging to pay for pots and Hypers ect.

Just my two cents.

=3
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    is theOP serious about the exp on the third boss lol...usually only 2 goons..plz people shut up about the goons.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I love how a lot of you act like you've got something against Goons. But I'm more than sure, at least 60% of you did goons when the exp wasn't nerfed. So stop trying to act like a Goody Goody, we all know deep down inside you want goons back just as much as the rest of us. It's nearly impossible to reach 103 without goons on certain classes. Cleric being especially hard considering we have don't another cleric to revive us in most cases. Where as everyone else does. Now i know what you're going to say. "Well use GAs (GSs whatever). Wanna pay for them?

... I sure as hell didn't. The glitch pretty much killed off the whole 95+ FCC scene, as everyone was too busy doing goons.

And what's up with 103? Starting from 101, you only gain that 5 stat points and little life you get on level up. The exception to that being sins, but sins are already powerful enough. So what's the point? Not like getting a higher level is going to change anything.
    Sure it was exploiting a glitch, but who was it hurting? PW I'm sure you made a killing in charms, people charging to pay for pots and Hypers ect.

... It's not really about the "it's not hurting anyone", which by the way is false, it's about bending the rules.

Take a second to think about it. What does it tell of the people who play this game? They're willing to break set rules to gain ... very little. And most of those people don't even consider it a bad thing.

It's a rather interesting social phenomena. I'm pretty sure that most of the gooners are normal people, not deviants and murderers and dictators. Perfectly normal people breaking rules for no real reason without any kind of regard as to whether it could be wrong. Geez, I love the Lucifer Effect.

Oh well, I don't really care either way, I just like watching the show.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Cynosure - Archosaur
    Cynosure - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'll tell you something from a faction leader's perspective. We've recruited 103 barbs and they'd never been in TT 3-2 before...Took them to 3-2 and realized why...because they never used any agro skills and were completely lost at all the bosses/what to do at any bosses. Also..we've stopped recruiting assassins lower than 100 without decent gear because it seems they are the majority of all the classes that plvl and don't know a thing about their character's skills. Known archers that don't know what their BOA skill is....etc etc..I can go on.

THIS is why we're SO glad JailFC is no longer here. We still find the obvious Plvl'rs...which just makes us sad. Anyways...Get your levels the old way like all of us oldies did! b:bye
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wow, yet another thread on this. Is it so hard to keep it to the thread that was started earlier?
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Frankie already said he's not gonna severely punish them because he doesn't think it's fair. :P
    i guess that gives a huge message to the public when something else happens in the future >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bending the rules?
    It was in the game and as far as I know, it still hasn't been removed or even attempted to be removed. So I see it as part as the game.

Pwi I suggest you make it easier for your players to level or I'd say you'll lose some.

I quit pwi back when I was level 40 because the only way to level was with Crazy Stone and World Quest (Paper Clip Villa). This was before Bounty Hunters were introduced as well as Hyper Experience Stones. The New Crazy Stone doesn't help that much I'd rather do the Cube of Fate tbh.
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bending the rules?
    It was in the game and as far as I know, it still hasn't been removed or even attempted to be removed. So I see it as part as the game.

Pwi I suggest you make it easier for your players to level or I'd say you'll lose some.

I quit pwi back when I was level 40 because the only way to level was with Crazy Stone and World Quest (Paper Clip Villa). This was before Bounty Hunters were introduced as well as Hyper Experience Stones. The New Crazy Stone doesn't help that much I'd rather do the Cube of Fate tbh.

uhm you quitted at lv40 and talk about world quest which is lv70+ .......
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    perhaps they would have left it in if people didn't keep charging people to help them lvl

But c'mon, you all know it's pointless complaining about something...............coz stone walls hurt lol
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    .....coz stone walls hurt lol

Apparently if you're a sin.... not so much b:chuckle
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Descendus - Lost City
    edited November 2011

Actually its not impossible to reach 103 without 'Goon's as you call them, I know of someone who Dinged to 103 in February, and has recently dinged to 104 doing nothing but Frost (The normal way I might add), Also There are still some people that play this game that got to level 100 WITHOUT going into frost, namely because it wasn't an Experience instance when it first started, So to be honest we've got it easy with frost, but doing the frost glitch was just pure laziness.

Edit: In Response to someone's earlier post, They can't remove 3rd bosses ability to spawn dragoons unless the MY Version of PW does it first so I believe, at least that's what I've read from numerous other threads, the only thing they can do is change drop rates and exp amounts, so that's all they have done. The glitch exists in the MY Version to but the only difference is that I don't think they can activate Hypers in FCC, therefore the 3rd boss glitch doesn't have an effect on their version like it has ours and nothing is done to 'Fix' it. So unless someone can speak their language and can spare the time to write to the Devs of PW MY, in a fruitless attempt to get the 3rd boss to stop spawning Dragoons......enjoy Running frosts the normal way :) (Unless you buy bigrooms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Actually its not impossible to reach 103 without 'Goon's as you call them, I know of someone who Dinged to 103 in February, and has recently dinged to 104 doing nothing but Frost (The normal way I might add), Also There are still some people that play this game that got to level 100 WITHOUT going into frost, namely because it wasn't an Experience instance when it first started, So to be honest we've got it easy with frost, but doing the frost glitch was just pure laziness.

Edit: In Response to someone's earlier post, They can't remove 3rd bosses ability to spawn dragoons unless the MY Version of PW does it first so I believe, at least that's what I've read from numerous other threads, the only thing they can do is change drop rates and exp amounts, so that's all they have done. The glitch exists in the MY Version to but the only difference is that I don't think they can activate Hypers in FCC, therefore the 3rd boss glitch doesn't have an effect on their version like it has ours and nothing is done to 'Fix' it. So unless someone can speak their language and can spare the time to write to the Devs of PW MY, in a fruitless attempt to get the 3rd boss to stop spawning Dragoons......enjoy Running frosts the normal way :) (Unless you buy bigrooms)

103 to 104 in 9 months is hardly the same as 1-105 in 2 months like many of the glitchers. Possible, yes, but so time consuming that it is obvious who used the glitch and who didn't. At that rate it will take them at least another full year to reach 105. I'm guessing your friend is an assassin as well, any other class takes much longer to run solo FC (can't stealth past whole halls of mobs).

I knew an old school axe bm on my server that basically lived in 3rd map aoe grinding, it took him a year to go from 103-104 as well.

"Got it easy" in your terms means "only have to grind 2 years on the same exact spot to get the last 2 levels", to me it's more like "**** those last 2 levels, I won't cheat to get them but I won't spend 2 years of my life for them either."

Again, not saying bring back goon glitch exp, not saying 105 in 2 months is a good thing, just saying the exp scale after 102 is stupid given the exp gain rates available at those levels.

(It's PW-CN -China-, not PW-MY -Malaysia- which is the original version of the code that PWI runs a modified version of, but otherwise you're right. There's no reason for them to "fix" the goon spawn glitch in the original as it's a gear farming instance for lvl 85s where no hypers can be used.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    things are fine the way they are less plvl less annoyance. but the dragoons in the back of ff tho should bee kept as bfor or replace them with ladys or something
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    (It's PW-CN -China-, not PW-MY -Malaysia- which is the original version of the code that PWI runs a modified version of, but otherwise you're right. There's no reason for them to "fix" the goon spawn glitch in the original as it's a gear farming instance for lvl 85s where no hypers can be used.)

The Chinese server we are based from has the same Frost we do, they just can't use hypers.b:surrender
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You know you can also just orcale your way to 105 b:chuckle

There is even a guide in the forums somewhere with how long it would take and how much coin it would cost

Though on topic, I wish 3rd boss dragoons still gave xp, because well hypered that boss would give a fair amount of xp as did the 2 goons that would spawn legitly before it would be killed. Now it's pretty pointless to waste an activation on that boss unless you just need the quest reward for frost elder, which is also pretty pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2011

There is even a guide in the forums somewhere with how long it would take and how much coin it would cost

Though on topic, I wish 3rd boss dragoons still gave xp, because well hypered that boss would give a fair amount of xp as did the 2 goons that would spawn legitly before it would be killed. Now it's pretty pointless to waste an activation on that boss unless you just need the quest reward for frost elder, which is also pretty pointless.

where's the topic as i have quite a few oracles lol
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    where's the topic as i have quite a few oracles lol

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1176031

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The Chinese server we are based from has the same Frost we do, they just can't use hypers.b:surrender

Really?.....Thats kinda.....almost pointless really. Isn't it?....:/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Really?.....Thats kinda.....almost pointless really. Isn't it?....:/

its not pointless its how that instance was supposed to we jsut have that option cuz the greed of pwe more money for them you see otherwise hypers would be useless as no1 has zhen pts anymore
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    if that was actually a decent method, someone would have dinged to 105 during the oracle boom way back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • fookadook
    fookadook Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Only noobs need to take advantage of the glitch.

Reasons like that, and plvl is why so many people are clueless about their character <_<

I agree with earlier posts, Bring back exp, but strip the 3rd boss of summoning dragoons.

Sif make the rest suffer from other nub mistakes.
  • pennywise29
    pennywise29 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    skattebol wrote: »
    Since nothing is gonna be done to all those people that benefited from the 3rd boss dragoon exp and is now 105, please bring back the dragoon exp to what it was so we all can get the benefit in the future. Stop **** over one part of the player base when a huge part have already received the benefit of the 3rd boss glitch. Make it permanent and we can all enjoy it.

Without it 105 is not doable unless you play 24/7. which most working people can.t do.
    Get back on topic and quit your ******** about those that benefited from the glitchen.

The fact is, we need that exp back on the goons. You will find though that our overlords on another continent don't give a damn about PWI North America. Yet they can't figure out why the population is dropping on PWI servers all over. Guess they have enough income from the other 9 or so on line games they run.

People here have sent in and forum posted all kinds of glitches and bugs, some of which are 3 years old and still not fixed.

When it comes to working on the PWI servers the devs are just plain lazy. So instead of fixing the goons glitch they trashed everyone on the server by nerfing the exp. It would have taken 3 steps more to swap out the goons for, lets say Frost Bishops, or to remove the boss spawning them entirely, and leave the exp alone. That would have taken some thinking and a bit or work...

That is just to much trouble for the devs to be bothered with. Yet another reason is now here that causes the population to drop some more.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It would have taken 3 steps more to swap out the goons for, lets say Frost Bishops, or to remove the boss spawning them entirely, and leave the exp alone. That would have taken some thinking and a bit or work....

And you know this because;
    (a) You code video games for a living and are intimate eith the ins and outs of coding changes to an established game code or;
    (b) You dont know shiit about whats involved and are talkign out of yer ****.

My money is on B.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ok I'll be the first one to say it.

Stop giving a damn about level 105. Its not that important. It serves no useful purpose. It will NOT make it harder for a lvl101 to kill you. so stop fussing.

P.S. I'm a cleric, I hold the right to curse you out over your annoying whine about exp.

Edit: Anniversary Rewards
    You registered on: 2008-11-18 17:35:44

Man I feel old now...
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And you know this because;
    (a) You code video games for a living and are intimate eith the ins and outs of coding changes to an established game code or;
    (b) You dont know shiit about whats involved and are talkign out of yer ****.

My money is on B.

And people like you like talking outta their **** as well. He's right, cept he left out the EASIEST fix.... make the jail boss not pop any damn mobs in the first place........ I've seen too many emergency maint. in other games literally HOURS after a bug was found and took an hour to either fix or disable the mob or take it out to realize one inescapable fact with PWI.

The devs we have here have the intelligence of chimps. b:surrender

Instead of actually fixing it they freaking nerf EVERYONE's runs..... Honestly i don't even care anymore.. i could care less if the game dies tomorrow. But if people such as yourself actually think competent devs couldnt' do what we just stated...... you obviously havent' played MMO's for long.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Stop giving a damn about level 105. Its not that important. It serves no useful purpose. It will NOT make it harder for a lvl101 to kill you. so stop fussing.

It's still 1% extra crit for any class and a difference of 1 extra second of stun for an unrefined sage psychic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]