Need Help w/ Download Patcher

lalhima
lalhima Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Support Desk
hi, my anti-virus deleted my pwi launcher file , n now i cant update the game (even if i have the patch notes). can anyone tell me where to re-download the pwi launcher file? is there a way to download jst that file , or do i have to download the whole game agn? D: plz help
Post edited by lalhima on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    disable your antivirus and run the patcher again. Or add the game folder to the exceptions list of your anti-virus.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You may have to re-download if the installation didn't go well for you.

You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • shyamsom008
    shyamsom008 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i need the link to download the patch from 402 to 580......can someone send this link to..(somumohan@gmail.com)