Red Text question

Kaiyal - Sanctuary
Kaiyal - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
just curiousity eating at me since the servers are down.

why exactly do i NEED to know that 7 people won some auction in bright red text all the time?

i mean,i can understand the purpose for saying it in chat,but why a chat that cant be turned off?

dunno about everyone else,but since they started that,i never even pay attention to any type of system message since 90% of the time its going to be some auction thing or something meaningless to most of the player in pwi
Mystics...we're here to save all your butts from the end of the world...yeah,i think that sums it up pretty wellb:chuckle
Post edited by Kaiyal - Sanctuary on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    just curiousity eating at me since the servers are down.

why exactly do i NEED to know that 7 people won some auction in bright red text all the time?

i mean,i can understand the purpose for saying it in chat,but why a chat that cant be turned off?

dunno about everyone else,but since they started that,i never even pay attention to any type of system message since 90% of the time its going to be some auction thing or something meaningless to most of the player in pwi

I always glance at the text, if it has numbers in it or it's long; chances are its unimportant. Also it it begins with the phrase, "let it be known" then chances are it's unimportant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    FWIW, many of us like being kept abreast of server events. The daily auction (which only has 4 items, not 7...) is a server event. It's handy to know that the "Demon Some Skill" you're missing is currently only at 2 gold and there's two minutes remaining, for instance.

If you want to complain about red text, join the lines of people complaining about the Duke. The event text is nothing in comparison. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    He has a point though.
    We should at least have the option to turn it off...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Duke Shouts: Nobody Gives A **** About What I Say...so Turn It Off!!
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    He has a point though.
    We should at least have the option to turn it off...

They nixed that idea over three years ago, so don't get your hopes up. And before PWI, the company that ran the version of Perfect World that many of us played (which is apparently still around, amazingly enough) said it wasn't going to happen there, either. So unless the devs decide randomly to let users ignore system text, we're stuck with it.

So if they can finally shut the Duke up for good, red text will actually be relevant again rather than spammy. The half hour or so of auctioning is far less text than the Duke spews during the auction, at least on Lost City, even.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    dukes announcements are there to play on your envy...got it yet?
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    mogwai wrote: »

yea think we all understand that...only problem is that it doesn't work

all it does is spam chat...annoy ppl...make ppl ignore red text

got it yet?
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    mogwai wrote: »

Wait? I'm supposed to envy people playing the online version of lottery scratchers and getting something marginally better than the booby prize? (Ancient Emblems being marginally better than tokens.)

Hell, at least when the Duke told us when people got lots of charms, I'd have an idea who might have some for sale soon. These Ancient Emblem things seem totally not worth it, and they're all you see in Duke chat aside from people redeeming their Cash Shop rewards.

But anyhow, I always find it amusing that we can't "name and shame" in the forum, but the Duke is allowed to get away with it constantly in-game. b:shutup
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com