Post edited by spook7234 on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Go to the assassin forum and read the stickies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    spook7234 wrote: »
    plz show me the best assasinn builds and the pro's and cons of them
    i already looked at the wiki but it doesn't show the pros and cons

You can also toy with SIN Builds, on the PERFECT WORLD Calculator Site:

http://pwcalc.com/

Easiest way to see about about some builds ya might wanna try out, and it even has Customisable Gear Adds (Effects) that you can lomp onto your Chari, So you can see how they augment your chari's stat's, aswell....b:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Uh...

There's really no good place to ask this.

The sin forum is full of... Yulks. You're gonna totally get told that Vit is a waste of stat points, and to put everything possible into Dex. You will end up pulling aggro on every boss ever from BH29 until BH69, die all the time (since you only have 1500 Hp at level 80), and be really unhappy.

So, there's the Pure as Pure can be Dex build, which means you put like, ever point possible into dex, and the absolute minimum into str for your armor, even to the point where you wear arcane headgear. Pros: maximum damage, good for doing mobs one at a time, good for squads with someone who can hold aggro against you. Cons: If you pull aggro, you will die in one hit from every single boss there is, AOE's from bosses from BH39 will oneshot you, and possibly oneshot you through BB, don't even think about TT, the AOE's will kill you. (Note: You will have absolute **** for PDef and MDef.)

There's a Tank Vit build, which means you put as many points into Vit as you can, with some into str for armor, and as many dex points as your daggers require. Pros: You have enough HP to take lots of hits, you can solo most about any mobs, you will have VERY good defenses as well, and having the HP means you can shard your armor for PDef or MDef if you want to. Cons: You do lower damage than a pure Vit build.

What I did: Somewhere in the middle. A little Vit, a lot of Dex, not much str, but enough for my Warsoul helm, and htat's about it.

Another possibility: Pure Str, minimum Dex for a set of Deicides or Gorenox Vanities. Very easy to get 5.0, even with Demon Chill, but you have to use a set of Deicides. Good for farming things that are a bit hard on LA classes, or do heavy physical damage rapidly. Pros: Really good PDef, 5.0 and (with a blessing), 60 attack levels, benefit from higher HP refine rate per refine level of HA. Cons: Crappy damage with a dagger, can't use skills without switching weapons.

Obviously you aren't gonna TW in a HA Sin, but you can Farm TT using one.Basically a bell-less BM without fist mastery, but can gain 3+ sparks instantly and stealth if you need to using daggers.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Uh...

There's really no good place to ask this.

The sin forum is full of... Yulks. You're gonna totally get told that Vit is a waste of stat points, and to put everything possible into Dex.

You SHOULD put everything into dex as an assassin, and saying anything otherwise is more like yulk than pure dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    You SHOULD put everything into dex as an assassin, and saying anything otherwise is more like yulk than pure dex.

Why? so you can get oneshot in BH39 and BH51 and make the ****ing squad wipe? So you can pull aggro on Ofo and make the squad wipe? So you can be completely unable to even DO BH69?

Or do all Sins run around with Legendary/Purple 3 star +3 or better gear now at level 40 to endgame?

Okay. If you want to powerlevel to endgame, and never actually have to kill any mobs, other than heads, and maybe some of the **** that oracles give you, then go pure dex. If you actually want to spend time, I don't know, PLAYING your character and having fun, tanking instances like TT1-x, 2-x, then put some points in vit. Or can a Sin with vendor gear, no -int gear, and 3k HP tank TT2-3? Wurlord and AE excepted, obviously. >_>

I can do 2-3 either solo skipping Wurlord and the last two bosses, or just Wurlord if I have a Cleric. 90 Base Vit and really well-thought out gear will get you 9k PDef buffed at level 80, plus 1.82 APS base, and around 8K HP buffed. Pure Dex, you're looking at 6k Pdef buffed, and around 5k HP buffed with the same gear. Those 90 vit points make a **** ton of difference. I statted 10 out and the difference was noticeable. >_>

The vit means you survive better, and surviving a BH or quest or whatever means that said BH or quest was more fun, opposed to spam-dieing on Rankar's AOE and pissing off (or squad wiping) the cleric.

I digress. Go back to giving out Yulky advice, and keep the Yulk forums, er, Sin forums, alive.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why? so you can get oneshot in BH39 and BH51 and make the ****ing squad wipe? So you can pull aggro on Ofo and make the squad wipe? So you can be completely unable to even DO BH69?

That's about as ridiculous as saying mages need to stat vit rather than acknowledge their fail equips or technique (like use of bow, subsea instead of erupt, etc).
    Okay. If you want to powerlevel to endgame, and never actually have to kill any mobs, other than heads, and maybe some of the **** that oracles give you, then go pure dex. If you actually want to spend time, I don't know, PLAYING your character and having fun, tanking instances like TT1-x, 2-x, then put some points in vit. Or can a Sin with vendor gear, no -int gear, and 3k HP tank TT2-3? Wurlord and AE excepted, obviously. >_>

When mages stat vit; it's at the cost of mp pots and speed of progress or time. Sins are likewise penalized for putting points in vit. BP returns weaker heals, mobs take longer to die, repair and pot costs go up.
    I can do 2-3 either solo skipping Wurlord and the last two bosses, or just Wurlord if I have a Cleric. 90 Base Vit and really well-thought out gear will get you 9k PDef buffed at level 80, plus 1.82 APS base, and around 8K HP buffed. Pure Dex, you're looking at 6k Pdef buffed, and around 5k HP buffed with the same gear. Those 90 vit points make a **** ton of difference. I statted 10 out and the difference was noticeable. >_>

Roll a Barb already. Assassin is not for you.
    The vit means you survive better, and surviving a BH or quest or whatever means that said BH or quest was more fun, opposed to spam-dieing on Rankar's AOE and pissing off (or squad wiping) the cleric.

Throughout your entire post you seem to be of the mindset that a Sin is a tank, and that aggro isn't controllable, and that vit is the only way to improve survivability. I'm so tired of fail sins stealing aggro and dying regardless of build (their fault for technique or falling behind on equips); that I don't res buff them as a Mystic, and I'll allow them to stay dead until boss is dead as a cleric. Assassins like venomancers are one of those classes that attracts useless players.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    I didnt powerlevel my assassin. I was smart enough to watch my agro on bosses, and used bows on bosses with aoe's. As for tt, I'm able to solo 3-3 with my 10k base HP, with 3 vit and pure attack level shards. Long story short is that as an assassin, you fail if you are not pure dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    That's about as ridiculous as saying mages need to stat vit rather than acknowledge their fail equips or technique (like use of bow, subsea instead of erupt, etc).

No, because mages aren't ****. They actually have to do something to do damage, and learn about the elements, so they can do a nuke on a boss then steady high hits, then a nuke. As a barb with really good gear for my level (geared for gamma, 13k HP at 73), mages NEVER pull aggro off me. I can FR a ****ing mob ONCE and it will be happy slapping me while a Wiz, Psy, or mystic nukes away at it. Sins, however, will require a rez service if I do that. Before you tell me to level FR, it's already at 10.
    When mages stat vit; it's at the cost of mp pots and speed of progress or time. Sins are likewise penalized for putting points in vit. BP returns weaker heals, mobs take longer to die, repair and pot costs go up.

Venos stat vit. It's standard, in fact. Or used to be. My cleric has some vit, I still only have 2.9k HP buffed, at 75, and I get oneshot by Wurlord in 2-1 through BB.

[/quote]Roll a Barb already. Assassin is not for you.[/quote]

I have one.
    Throughout your entire post you seem to be of the mindset that a Sin is a tank, and that aggro isn't controllable, and that vit is the only way to improve survivability. I'm so tired of fail sins stealing aggro and dying regardless of build (their fault for technique or falling behind on equips); that I don't res buff them as a Mystic, and I'll allow them to stay dead until boss is dead as a cleric. Assassins like venomancers are one of those classes that attracts useless players.

No. I have the mindset of 'I don't want to pull aggro, die, cause the tank to scramble, have the Wiz pull aggro, die, then the cleric winds up with aggro, dies, the tank dies, and voila, party wipe'. I tanked from BH39 to BH59 on every character I've ever made. Cleric, Veno, Archer. Part of it is I collect awesome gear, so if my Sin was pure dex, I'd have a 2 socket, +4 dagger and I'd have aggro regardless. What do I do in that case? Buy a level 1 **** dagger?

I'm 97 now and I tank Stealth FCC's. I soloed FCC at 90.

If you're gonna say a build is fail, then you have to be completely fail for limiting your view on it's strong points. >_>

Pure Dex and 5.0 aren't the only things in this game for a Sin. Sage isn't for everyone, if you wanna be a sheep, then fine, there's some grass over there for you to turn into wool.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The only sin build is about 80-85 str or so and all dex. Anything else an you have a reset scroll in store for you.

To the people talking about bh 39 etc...really , people still do that? Just buy yourself 5 hypers an follow a pay a sin to let you follow through 1 whole fc an you will be level 60ish. with another 20 hypers or so an maybe 10$ worth of coin and your lv 100. Why would you waste time doing bh 29,39,etc.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have 20 base Vit that leaves me with 35Vit from the equips and I plain to have 50 base Vit, damage from attributes only are important in the lower levels, if we want to argue about something we should consider how much critical% we lose puting into Vit rather than complain about Atk.

Also, the best Wizard is full Cons, I'm very happy to see that most of the people here like to do a full damage builds, they are very easy to one-shot.

My play style is survivability over damage, play with the attributes that you like most, people tend to chat like if they are the ones that made the game.

And for finish, you can easy compare +HP/-HP like this:

If you focus more on TW's, them go with a build that gives more HP, but if you like to PK (stop to say PVP, we don't have PVP here) them go with a glass cannon build.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you actually want to spend time, I don't know, PLAYING your character and having fun, tanking instances like TT1-x, 2-x, then put some points in vit. Or can a Sin with vendor gear, no -int gear, and 3k HP tank TT2-3? Wurlord and AE excepted, obviously. >_>

I made buffers.. Cleric, Barb, BM, Psy just for my Sin as I leveled her. Yes, I did put in more Vit to help her get past but in the end, I restated her later - to pure dex and used refines/shards to pick back up the HP.

I recommend you making a Sin to play - and adjust its stats as it grows and gets better gear. I also recommend buffers, because they do make a big difference here and make a genie for these lower levels to also help support you.

My Sin was not FC'ed till MUCH later in the game and she was already 1.5 years old. Taking the time to play the class for a bit paid off in the end. My newest sin, I am going back to that old variation - and not interval her. See how it plays out for me.
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    *sigh* The reason people mention BHs is because that's how people used to play the game, before hyper babies and lvl 100 noobs who can't play their class. BHs teach people how to play their class in a team.

My assassin is lvl 101, I have 30 points in vit base, the rest in dex and 104 str for my lunar gear, now until I get all of my gear +10 and stop cringing as the GBA boss purges then extreme poisions me and I die before AD/Sutra can go off... I'm not restating to pure dex. Sure those 27 points would be another crit or so, but its not worth giving up that HP so I don't die.

I kept that 30 vit since low levels and it has served me well, its not too much and not too little, and you know, if you get lots of awesome gear later at high levels then by all means take it out then. But until then, its a nice bit of survivability. That's just my opinion though, you're free to come up with your own.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LOL Sarra..... if u have to pput more VIt to keep from yanking aggro on a sin.......... just lol....

I did the same as Atlantsia above. Cept it was 40 base Vit at first. MY sin's 90 now. When i hit 90 and reset scrolls were on sale i took it down to 30 base Vit and put that 10 into Dex for another crit. Got like 5100 HP at 90, dex is like 405 with gear on. Always had mold gear though, and gold TT 80... now 90 cept the rank 6 (lvl 90) body. I'd yank aggro before the pure dex sins..... and i'd WAIT like a full minute before i really start attacking. Especially if there's no barb. So....

Btw if u yank aggro.... there's this thing called Shadow escape.... or you can stop attacking
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    To those saying that a vit build lets you do things that a pure dex can't...

My sin was my first character I bothered to level. She is and always has been pure dex. I had average gear for the entirety of her use (stopped at 85 I believe on that one). She has never been oneshotted by an AoE from any boss that she has had to fight (including farming TT for her gear and bosses in 69) and she tanked FC clericless at 82 with just crab meat.

Vit has diminishing returns; it takes insane amounts to add anything significant to defenses (look in PWcalc), sins get a pretty low amount of hp per vit, and when you move points around from dex to vit (again, use PWcalc), you lose significant damage. Cost-wise, it is far cheaper to shard a few citrines to make up for the hp than to refine your weapon high enough to make up for the damage lost.

Using the calc on an 80 sin with unrefined and unsharded hooks, a pure dex sin has a base attack of 1823-2505. A vit sin that puts 1 vit per level has 1524-2095 attack. They have to refine to around +7 to have the same base attack as the pure dex sin for only 1k more hp, which can be made up with modest shards and refines (+2 on pieces that you'll keep for a while, 2-3 flawless citrines, average gear). This will only get more and more severe as the levels go up, and the pure dex sins will refine their weapons too. Yes, vit build will get the same amount of hp from shards and refines if they have the same gear, but again, there are not many reasonable things that someone who doesn't just sit there and wait to die can't do with a pure dex build that they can with a vit build. And vit's defense adds are negligible until you are adding extreme amounts.

I do understand the want to not squish at anything, yes. I considered adding vit to my sin at first. Then I realized that I would get better heals from bloodpaint and take fewer hits from monsters, thus using less potions (more hp=/=less need for pots; you have to heal back the same amount of hp per hit, and you take more hits because you kill slower).

As for aggro management, use skills if you feel like stealing aggro will be a problem. Rib strike a lot. Use knife throw and throatcut to help cancel boss attacks and AoEs. Use subsea to help the squad rather than double sparking. It doesn't take all that much talent to manage aggro, just a bit of a brain. b:surrender

I have met some good vit sins in my time on PWI. However, I out-DD them, destroy them in duels (that sin was on a PvE server; my current one is PvP though, so don't say I have no fighting experience either), and actually have survived better than them. Vit is a good buffer if you're afraid of getting hit. It does not make you a better sin. If focused mind+deaden nerves+bloodpaint+force stealth can't keep you alive along with pots and genie on PvE bosses your level, you are doing something wrong with this class.

Vit is for those who like it. But the dex argument honestly has a lot more pros. Vit's appeal is that it gives you hp to survive hits that, honestly, you don't need much help surviving unless you're doing something wrong.

TL;DR: Vit has more cons than pros, it gimps your damage severely, and a decent sin does not need the buffer that vit provides.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    *sigh* The reason people mention BHs is because that's how people used to play the game, before hyper babies and lvl 100 noobs who can't play their class. BHs teach people how to play their class in a team.

My assassin is lvl 101, I have 30 points in vit base, the rest in dex and 104 str for my lunar gear, now until I get all of my gear +10 and stop cringing as the GBA boss purges then extreme poisions me and I die before AD/Sutra can go off... I'm not restating to pure dex. Sure those 27 points would be another crit or so, but its not worth giving up that HP so I don't die.

I kept that 30 vit since low levels and it has served me well, its not too much and not too little, and you know, if you get lots of awesome gear later at high levels then by all means take it out then. But until then, its a nice bit of survivability. That's just my opinion though, you're free to come up with your own.

I can see that you are new here. I know this because you said people used to level in the old days with bh, when really in the old days there was no bh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    since you only have 1500 Hp at level 80
    Wait what? You have a base of 2.1k hp without gear at 80. With gear you easily get over 3.5k with modest refines(+2) and flawless shards.

So, there's the Pure as Pure can be Dex build, which means you put like, ever point possible into dex, and the absolute minimum into str for your armor, even to the point where you wear arcane headgear. Pros: maximum damage, good for doing mobs one at a time, good for squads with someone who can hold aggro against you. Cons: If you pull aggro, you will die in one hit from every single boss there is, AOE's from bosses from BH39 will oneshot you, and possibly oneshot you through BB, don't even think about TT, the AOE's will kill you. (Note: You will have absolute **** for PDef and MDef.)
    Again, what? 1 str 4 dex is a pure build, and you do not ever wear arcane helmets. You can't wear up to level HA helms, but you do NOT wear arcane. I think you have a bit of a misconception about the sin class. I have never been oneshotted by AoEs in any BH as pure with average gear, and sins have survival skills to use.
    Vit adds negligible pdef and mdef. Around 100 points per 80 vit. Not all that much.
    And as for doing mobs one at a time, my sin at 78 pulls about seven mobs, mire, subsea, pot, inner harmony/dragon strike, spark, earthen rift, and most are dead. A couple hits without spark and they'll die too. You really have biased views against pure dex, but the damage and BP more than makes up for the HP in comparison to how much vit kills your damage.

There's a Tank Vit build, which means you put as many points into Vit as you can, with some into str for armor, and as many dex points as your daggers require. Pros: You have enough HP to take lots of hits, you can solo most about any mobs, you will have VERY good defenses as well, and having the HP means you can shard your armor for PDef or MDef if you want to. Cons: You do lower damage than a pure Vit build.
    This sounds like a vit build to me, so saying it's different than "pure vit" is a bit redundant. Vit does not add much to defenses, so it does not change that much, so that point is moot. And hp is a much better buffer for damage than mdef and pdef because of diminishing returns, so unless you have absolutely terrible armor, sharding garnets or sapphires is not a good move. They only protect against one type of attack. Hp buffers all. Arcanes get away with sharding garnets, usually with a few citrines at the same time, because of their abysmal pdef. LA has okay defenses, not great, but enough that garnets and sapphires do pretty much ****.

What I did: Somewhere in the middle. A little Vit, a lot of Dex, not much str, but enough for my Warsoul helm, and htat's about it.
    Statting vit on its own is dandy if you want. Statting str for a warsoul is perfectly normal if you don't have a nirvana LA helm. But both is redundant and kills your damage further than vit does already.

Another possibility: Pure Str, minimum Dex for a set of Deicides or Gorenox Vanities. Very easy to get 5.0, even with Demon Chill, but you have to use a set of Deicides. Good for farming things that are a bit hard on LA classes, or do heavy physical damage rapidly. Pros: Really good PDef, 5.0 and (with a blessing), 60 attack levels, benefit from higher HP refine rate per refine level of HA. Cons: Crappy damage with a dagger, can't use skills without switching weapons.
    Not commenting here because it's out of the context of a noob-friendly question, which the OP is asking.

Trimmed a couple of things, commented in red.

Venos add vit because it is viable for them. Sins do not usually do so because they do not need it. You are under the impression that they will die in one hit. Either you have never played a sin or you are terrible at playing one, because aside from the early levels where anyone has trouble with survival, sins do not have survival issues if you play them at all. Focused mind/tidal+stealth+deaden nerves+bloodpaint is beyond enough to survive average quests and bosses. Drop an 80 sin in 3-1 and it'll die, but in my-level TT/HH runs, I have never been oneshotted OR twoshotted. You may want to revise your arguments before you try again, since they are full of holes and falsehoods. Vit is fine if you're conservative with it, but really, it's unnecessary if you bother to learn what you should be doing.
  • IStoleUrGuy - Heavens Tear
    IStoleUrGuy - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This is goin to be a long talk. So imma put my two sense in.My sin has 32 base vit, 117 str for warsoul of earth, rest is dex.I use DEF shard for armor and cape always HP. I see Every1 saying what u can do and what gear U need but no1 said anything about people that cant buy a reps or what not. So for those people that cant afford warsoul,TT,Golds, and Reps for gears add vit so u can take no aggro,stay alive, and at least have a chance at soloing,questing and all the other stuff. I've solo my first sin til lvl 60.pure dex,the second vit/dex plvled to 75 but after lvl 30 and like it better. I think if u was plvled without having a sense of feeling for ur char then YOU ARE A FAIL. Only U will know what u sin will need or how to deal with it is Your choice some People can handle a vit/dex sin better then a pure dex one so I will say dont ask Question unless you Try both yourself to See what u like better and hope this help people who cant make a chose between build.
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    spook7234 wrote: »
    plz show me the best assasinn builds and the pro's and cons of them
    i already looked at the wiki but it doesn't show the pros and cons

I have 30 vit, 105ish Str (for armour/helm) rest is dex. I can solo HH, frost w/o hp charm, and pk most. No complaints here.

It's all about how you play. You can get gear to make up on lacking vit. or buy reset stones when they are on sale. No big deal.
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    people that cant buy a reps or what not. So for those people that cant afford warsoul,TT,Golds, and Reps for gears

If you can't afford those gears you are not stealing aggro. Regardless, you should watch your aggro anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This is goin to be a long talk. So imma put my two sense in.My sin has 32 base vit, 117 str for warsoul of earth, rest is dex.I use DEF shard for armor and cape always HP. I see Every1 saying what u can do and what gear U need but no1 said anything about people that cant buy a reps or what not. So for those people that cant afford warsoul,TT,Golds, and Reps for gears add vit so u can take no aggro,stay alive, and at least have a chance at soloing,questing and all the other stuff. I've solo my first sin til lvl 60.pure dex,the second vit/dex plvled to 75 but after lvl 30 and like it better. I think if u was plvled without having a sense of feeling for ur char then YOU ARE A FAIL. Only U will know what u sin will need or how to deal with it is Your choice some People can handle a vit/dex sin better then a pure dex one so I will say dont ask Question unless you Try both yourself to See what u like better and hope this help people who cant make a chose between build.

BRAVO!!! b:victory

They should close the topic after your post! Serius!! But like I said, play in the way that you like most, the kamikaze style never suited me b:chuckle
  • SadieMae - Lost City
    SadieMae - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    One of the biggest problems I see with pure dex sins is their reliance on bloodpaint to stay alive. This is especially true for sins that use attack level shards instead of hp.
    Bloodypaint only works if you can attack. Ever been stunned or slept by an enemy? That's where you'll end up dead because you have 3k hp.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    One of the biggest problems I see with pure dex sins is their reliance on bloodpaint to stay alive. This is especially true for sins that use attack level shards instead of hp.
    Bloodypaint only works if you can attack. Ever been stunned or slept by an enemy? That's where you'll end up dead because you have 3k hp.

Tidal protection?

A good sin that knows what they're doing has plenty of ways to survive. My pure dex sin tanked Holeen (among other things) without a cleric (or mystic, for that matter) healing in the lower 80s and was uncharmed with a max refine of +3 on armors. Meanwhile we have the biggest advocate of copious vit talking frequently about soloing FC at 90.... which is something a pure dex sin at that level with decent skill can do anyways.

Moderate amounts of vit are fine and dandy for newbies, people who are scared of death/not too used to the class, or those who simply want to be able to take that extra hit if some random stat ailment actually does make it through (sleep is a non-issue since next hit wakes you up). However the extreme amount Sarra is going on about really... is kinda useless and harms you far more than it helps in the long run.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011

Once again, in pure dex.with DoT shards. Before I refined to 10k base HP I was doing fine with aggro management and staying alive. Even in pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spazzassin - Lost City
    Spazzassin - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The only sin build is about 80-85 str or so and all dex. Anything else an you have a reset scroll in store for you.
    <--that made me chuckle sorry..but there is nothing wrong with enough str for warsoul of earth rest dex build only reset scroll I ever needed was to remove the 5 points of uneeded vit I put in @ early lvls thanks
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you can't afford those gears you are not stealing aggro. Regardless, you should watch your aggro anyway.

Agree, you just make yourself more of a mooch by putting points in vit.

Rare bosses like that can be handled with pots, genie skills, or just plain ignorance because most of them barely attack during that stunned moment.
  • BlindFate - Sanctuary
    BlindFate - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    When the tideborns first came out nobody really knew what to do with either of the two classes. I went with the pure build from the get go my sin is now lvl 86 dose not get one shotted often and I use bloodpaint but don't depend on it. It dose not really heal for that much but is a great help at keeping you alive. I can solo any mob my level and have taken on some that where higher then me and lived to see the end of the quest I was doing. Most of what I've read on sins have said the pure build is better at the higher lvl's so if you feel better about using vit to stay alive then go for it me I still don't put vit in never considered the helmet so I'll look into it. my str is just enough for my armor and weapons and my dex is very high I don't take aggro so not sure what the other one did to take it. Do know shadow escape is my best friend when things go very wrong. As for one build being failed and another not like others have said learn your char so you know what you can and can not do that is true no matter what class you go with. To be honest in the low levels didn't die alot but I did learn about what skills kept me alive the most so I used them and now I'm level 86 and still doing good at staying alive as a pure build. I do have shards in my armor and attack shards in my daggers so I do rather nicely. As for what suits you best is always up to you but if you build to live longer ok but remember your repairs bills will get higher the longer it takes to kill anything. We are a up close and personal class we do take damage but we also kill much faster then any other up close and personal class. As for tanking well I've seen some pure builds scare other players with how fast they took a boss down b:chuckle