Veno powerleveling?

Options
Shadowphreak - Lost City
Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I just want lvl 100 pets really.

Is cube the fastest way to powerlevel your veno's pets?

Takes forever. Yes I'm using a bow.

Also rare pets (dogs/etc...) have 12 hr spawn times from what I read, is this true? I cant imagine there will be some 10x alt sins hanging around with their alt venos if this is the case.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rare_Pet_Taming_Guide

Thanks for any clarity!
Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shadowphreak - Lost City on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just want lvl 100 pets really.

Is cube the fastest way to powerlevel your veno's pets?

Takes forever. Yes I'm using a bow.

Yes (for ground pets only.) Alternatives are marriage quest mobs (there's a group not far from Orchid Temple, on the road to Walled Stronghold), and [?] mobs in Old Heaven's Tear (and Old Unicorn Forest and Old Valley of the Scarred), which at least drop good and give half-way decent XP for yourself.
    Also rare pets (dogs/etc...) have 12 hr spawn times from what I read, is this true? I cant imagine there will be some 10x alt sins hanging around with their alt venos if this is the case.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rare_Pet_Taming_Guide

Thanks for any clarity!

Yes, almost all rare pets (the snow hares by Timberfield being the prime exception, with a 1 hour spawn) have a 12 hour spawn time. Not much point in 10x sins hanging out at spawn sites, unless it's to PK the hopefuls on a PVP server. The object isn't to one-shot the rares...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, the fastest way to level ground and air pets was around Christmas last year --- Snowmen die quickly and give 15 (i.e. the max) pet exp.

I managed to get my Eldergroth Marksman up to speed. No clue why I did it, though --- it's always been recommended as "the ranged pet to get", but it seems utterly useless and it's actually quite a lot of work to level it up (I stopped playing after the Snowmen and just started again for a bit recently. Got a levelup, and between my golem, sawfly and marksman, the marksman is a pita to level since it has no damage and sucks as a tank.

Couldn't use the Snowmen for my turtle, but then again, the turtle is about as useful as the marksman :-)

If they do Snowmen again this year, then Chrismas is your rescue. It's a bit of a KS fest, but at least it's not like the rare pet **** --- and while I'm usually on the loosing end of such things, I did manage to bump up my Marksman by about 20 levels or so, and I wasn't even playing during most of the "event" time.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng