Should i roll a wiz?

Options
chocamocha
chocamocha Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Wizard
Ok so ive come played this game before but only got to lvl 60 as a psy. However, i was in a tw fac and although i wasnt very good i enjoyed tw. I know wiz are good in tw and they are a challenge and it takes commitment and hard work lvling them to 90. Personally ive leveled every class but wiz to around lvl 30 before and i wanna try out wiz. However, ive heard that wiz need really good gear at endgame and im not sure if i will be able to afford that. Considering all this, I was hoping for suggestions on whether i should bother to roll a wiz or not.

P.S. I am planning on joining a PvP server
Post edited by chocamocha on

Comments

• Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    everyone needs good ear endgame. wiz's just need it more or else theyre useless. and its not hard to level to or past 90, but its pointless if you cant afford to gear up.
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Leveling is the least of your worries. I spent probably around 300m on this character and its far from being a big factor in TW. You won't get far without CSing for a wizard. Unless you are patient enough to merch but even if you are you will need starting funds that grinding on a wizard cant provide.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Leveling is the least of your worries. I spent probably around 300m on this character and its far from being a big factor in TW. You won't get far without CSing for a wizard. Unless you are patient enough to merch but even if you are you will need starting funds that grinding on a wizard cant provide.

Dependent from sum of "starting funds".

And R9+12 is pure CS feature since all items for it can be bought using gold from CS only.
    i think i spent near 1.2-1.5billion preparing for the R9 and the shards.
    This is without the refines.
    ... considering that the gears come to a total of 1405 Gold, it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll cost you more than one billion coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    everyone needs good ear endgame. wiz's just need it more or else theyre useless. and its not hard to level to or past 90, but its pointless if you cant afford to gear up.
    Even with best game possible they are slightly gimped compared to equally geared toons of other classes

greetz harm0wnie
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

your statement is simply wrong

psychic needs soulforce, soulforce is obtained by refining

high refining implies great gear

psychic needs ololawesome gear to be awesome,
    a low refined psy vs other low refined classes is cake

a high refined psy vs other high refined classes is great

so a wizard would be the choice for the poorer person, compared to a psy
    i like potato
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Roll a Psy can you'll be stuck with weapons that no other class can use. Eventually many of us roll other classes.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    your statement is simply wrong

psychic needs soulforce, soulforce is obtained by refining

high refining implies great gear

psychic needs ololawesome gear to be awesome,
    a low refined psy vs other low refined classes is cake

a high refined psy vs other high refined classes is great

so a wizard would be the choice for the poorer person, compared to a psy

According PWIWiki Psychic Skill List exist
    30 skills of Psychic total.

5 of them use Soulforce:
    Soul of Vengeance
    Soul of Stunning
    Soul of Silence
    Soulburn
    Soul of Retaliation.

All 5 above are reflective skills, which has not Wizard's class.

So, Psychic even without refines will hit with same power as Psychic with refines with difference in Weapon damage only as for any other class.

More, he able to hit with greater power because of Black Voodoo and has better DPS because of low channeling time for his spells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vital_Slash - Sanctuary
    Vital_Slash - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My Solution...follow every1 else - Make a sin to farm Vana :/

My fix? Make a lvl 25 psy to farm Hay on the weekends to make money and keep it that way...then i will farm vana too...eventually....
    Its ok... IM AN ARTIST!
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My Solution...follow every1 else - Make a sin to farm Vana :/

My fix? Make a lvl 25 psy to farm Hay on the weekends to make money and keep it that way...then i will farm vana too...eventually....

Not calling you stupid, but this is stupid. A farming veno could be built much cheaper, have access to both vanas, and solo much easier early on in the game. Veno could also share equips with wiz. Wiz isn't a bad class to start with either. You might progress faster starting with a wiz to farm your assassin gear.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Not calling you stupid, but this is stupid. A farming veno could be built much cheaper, have access to both vanas, and solo much easier early on in the game. Veno could also share equips with wiz. Wiz isn't a bad class to start with either. You might progress faster starting with a wiz to farm your assassin gear.

Venos suck

uzgly skills
    lame gameplay
    lame pets
    lame derp faces including ulgy bunnies and bats
    lame pulling single mobs

i hate venos, they pull single mobs out of stacks of mobs i wanna aoe
    (thats kinda the only reason tho)
    i like potato
  • chocamocha
    chocamocha Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So it's really hard to make enough money for good gear on a wiz? Which class would u recommend for farming if I choose not to roll a wiz, sin or bm? Thanks for the replies
  • Lienna - Momaganon
    Lienna - Momaganon Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    chocamocha wrote: »
    So it's really hard to make enough money for good gear on a wiz? Which class would u recommend for farming if I choose not to roll a wiz, sin or bm? Thanks for the replies

1. sin
    2. bm
    3. nolife on FC heads to 100, after that do nirvana and TT. anything that generates coin.
    4. wait till next 2x drops and nolife more
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    According PWIWiki Psychic Skill List exist
    30 skills of Psychic total.

5 of them use Soulforce:
    Soul of Vengeance
    Soul of Stunning
    Soul of Silence
    Soulburn
    Soul of Retaliation.

All 5 above are reflective skills, which has not Wizard's class.

So, Psychic even without refines will hit with same power as Psychic with refines with difference in Weapon damage only as for any other class.

More, he able to hit with greater power because of Black Voodoo and has better DPS because of low channeling time for his spells.

Always the same arguments, no matter how often people reply on them. Yes an endgame psy has better DPS than a wiz, no it's not that big of a difference because wizards can use channeling effectively due to high channeling and low cast while psychics generally have higher cast and lower chan.

No, single target or aoe dph of a wizard cannot be matched by a psychic due to genie spark and the best ults in game that also have a lot higher radius of effect.

Also psys do need good gear or they are just completely squishy in Black Vodoo. Even high refined psys would be squishy if they did not... seal you every third hit! That's where soulforce comes into play and that's where Hex' argument is aiming at.

Psys are OP with OP gear but it's not like they are better than wiz in every aspect. They are mostly only better against sins, that's why so many people roll them. Stop talkting like they are just like wizards, only better...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Considering all this, I was hoping for suggestions on whether i should bother to roll a wiz or not.

No.
    P.S. I am planning on joining a PvP server

Oh, hell no.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
This discussion has been closed.