Won't let me install?

retardeadlol
retardeadlol Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Support Desk
Howdy people
Just heard about this game and I really want to try it.
When I start installing this game, I keep getting an error box that says "No internet connectivity detected", even though my internet is working fine.

EDIT: I just got that to work, but now after it "starts the pando media Booster" i get an error message saying that my system is not allowing access to the servers. Turned my firewall off and tried again, got the same message

can someone help a brother out? thanks
Post edited by retardeadlol on

Comments

• nekonome666
    nekonome666 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    How did you fix the internet thing? I'm trying to download the game now and I'm getting the same problem.

I tried a few days ago and worked fine until i got the the media booster and had the same problem.
  • Sky_man - Heavens Tear
    Sky_man - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I had the same issue. I just decided to download with the torrent instead and it's downloading fine now.
  • Blood_Rain_ - Raging Tide
    Blood_Rain_ - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i am havin the same prob,ive had pw on other laptops and it worked perfectly besides the fact that it took 2-3 days to download, i recently got a new pc and i downloaded forsaken world,it worked fine,but i like pw better and it wont let me down load it because of that pando thing,i keep tryin to uninstall it but it keeps not responding so dont know what to do its realllly fustrating
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yup, Torrent is the best method.
    1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Click on the "Download Torrent" link on the Downloads page.
    3. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v676_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v676_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    4. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    5. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "utorrent\Downloads\PWI_v676_Installer".
    6. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.)
    7. Follow the directions to install the client.
    8. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    9. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches needed to bring the client up to date and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    10. Play

Read step 1 carefully. >.<
    I find that not only is it less likely to fail, but it's also way faster.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith