What's proxy visuals?

Options
SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Options > UI(Tab) > Proxy Visuals

....what is that for I wonder...
WTB>More Fash
Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
Post edited by SoulRequiem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if anyone in your immediate vicinity is under the influence of a hallucinogen, you will see the visual distortions they are seeing, without the annoying side effects of being unable to sleep, or the introspective interrogations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if anyone in your immediate vicinity is under the influence of a hallucinogen, you will see the visual distortions they are seeing, without the annoying side effects of being unable to sleep, or the introspective interrogations.

hahahah......no wait,seriously,what's that thing for xD
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    not sure what it MEANS...... but if u turn the distance slider there down all the way...... to the left..... u can then use the middle of the 3 little tiny buttons over your HP bar to toggle hiding people. Unless your'e RIGHT on top of them.

And the effects slider hides people's skills...... and other effects if u turn it down too far like the circles for hand traps in TT so i wouldn't turn that one down lol
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only time I saw an effect from this was when I had effects all the way up or down (can't remember) and turned Proxy Visuals off. I think some mount flyer glow from ppl outside of distance range showed up again. In other words, people outside of your distance range with glowy **** showed their glowy ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    1 Jan 2012
    PW Patch Notes:
    - Removed the"Proxy Visual",option
    Devs note:Removed because we have no frigging idea of its purpose anyway

b:laugh
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    'Proxy Visuals' has two options - Distance and Effects. Each comes with a slider to adjust range from your character.

For the Distance slider, when proxy visuals is active, characters outside of the selected range from your character won't be displayed.

In the case of Effects with proxy visuals active, effects such as glowing won't be displayed on players or objects that are outside of the range on the slider.

The second button to the right of the best performance button (above your character display) toggles proxy visuals.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^ could've sworn i already said that....
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:laugh He put it much more neatly. Now I get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]