Revert to R9 and R8 - NO Recast?

Options
Finrah - Sanctuary
Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
My boyfriend and I are working hard on getting uncannies, but nowadays people don't want to nirvana because of a higher possibility of getting **** rather than cannies so mostly are waiting for the 2x to come out before they start farming as they think its not worth the time or effort to do it if not 2x.

Either way, because of recast, uncanny prices are going back up in price when they were decreasing in price due to the 2x, and that nowadays Nirvana is no longer so epic, thanks to the R9. Whats worse is when everyone wants R9 and ignore Nirvana, the people who want Nirvana would have gotten cannies cheaper if it weren't for the R8 recast. Hoping that the nirvana mats would decrease in price suddenly would go if not gone already - sky high in price.

Taking out fairy box drops in solo TT made a lot of people QQ about it as the economy right now is horrid. Is there any way for you PWE people to feel what we are feeling, and deal with what we are dealing with?

Of course if you're a cash shopper then you ain't much at loss but not everyone on earth can do so. If you want a community that can work in harmony, you need to be able to incorporate ALL kinds of players from lil kids to adults. I always have to end up telling new comers to get the hell out of this game if you don't want stress and your mom or dad's credit card to blow up.

Lets make a compromise shall we?

300-400k per canny is fine.

400-500k+ is harsh.

We need at least 100 cannies per armor,
and the recast also takes A HELL LOT more cannies and other mats that goes into the mills.

Can we figure out something where both parties (old and the rich) can get what they want without **** their bank accounts or pulling their hair out caused by stress? b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Finrah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except uncanny/rapture prices are going back up because the market is recovering from the month-long 2x. Not because of r9 recast.

Obvious solution: wait until next 2x and 2nd recast all your gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The prices will still go up because of recast.

I was going to buy lots of cannies at 407k each as I bought my own ones in the past for 418k each, so 407k was 'cheap' until I asked a mate about whether I should buy them or not. He tells me wait till 2x so the price will drop back to 350k-400k as 407k was still considered expensive. So I waited, still waiting, but while waiting cannies are going back up because or recast.

Either way recovering or not, because of recast the price of uncannies and raps are increasing. It IS doing the price an effect.

Obvious reason : High demand -> low supply -> higher cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except uncanny/rapture prices are going back up because the market is recovering from the month-long 2x. Not because of r9 recast.

Obvious solution: wait until next 2x and 2nd recast all your gear.

I personally don't want recast. I just want to get my cannies for my boyfriend at a reasonable price or in good squads that would actually do nirvana without 2x going on and would stop QQing about the drop rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except no one is going to recast their r9 because it will break the set bonus unless you do a full recast and a full r9 recast is...insane.

Market's just recovering. Get used to it and do what everyone else does during 2x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Finrah - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I refuse to be under control by the wave of the Economic Tsunami!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Then log/pay for openers and two-man Nirvana. No one's stopping you and your bf from farming Nirvana off 2x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except no one is going to recast their r9 because it will break the set bonus unless you do a full recast and a full r9 recast is...insane.

Market's just recovering. Get used to it and do what everyone else does during 2x.

1 billion coins (roughly) to get 1 piece upgraded and only the full recast set is insane? b:shocked
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    1 billion coins (roughly) to get 1 piece upgraded and only the full recast set is insane? b:shocked

Trollolololol!

Any part of it is insane, honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What were you doing when people were selling uncs for 390k...?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Solution: Come to LC, get a sin to 100, get it 4.0 and join a squad with me.

I average 5 uncannies per single run. :)

*EDIT* That is outside of x2, during x2 i'll get about 8-9 uncannies per run and if I have enough keys I can get around 150 uncannies in a weeks time frame if I get enough time from work :X
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

*EDIT* That is outside of x2, during x2 i'll get about 8-9 uncannies per run and if I have enough keys I can get around 150 uncannies in a weeks time frame if I get enough time from work :X

cool, so does everyone else as that is the numbers of average runs....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cool, so does everyone else as that is the numbers of average runs....

Meh go **** yourself, my point is outside of x2 drop I get 5 cannies per run norm.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options

nope...lol not changing servers leaving friends and possessions just for nirvana runs that I don't even enjoy doing >.>

But I rather put time and effort to farming than buying it off players...
    when I bought most of my cannies off players, I didn't feel right or happy at all.
    I was happier when I used to farm every single mat for every single piece of gear that I had in the past =/

I like putting a sign on my armor sayin "man made" rather than "cash made" xDDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Oh Gorg.....~ we have a challenge for yooooouuuuuuu XD
  • Youleeah - Lost City
    Youleeah - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are working hard on getting uncannies, but nowadays people don't want to nirvana because of a higher possibility of getting **** rather than cannies so mostly are waiting for the 2x to come out before they start farming as they think its not worth the time or effort to do it if not 2x.

Either way, because of recast, uncanny prices are going back up in price when they were decreasing in price due to the 2x, and that nowadays Nirvana is no longer so epic, thanks to the R9. Whats worse is when everyone wants R9 and ignore Nirvana, the people who want Nirvana would have gotten cannies cheaper if it weren't for the R8 recast. Hoping that the nirvana mats would decrease in price suddenly would go if not gone already - sky high in price.

Taking out fairy box drops in solo TT made a lot of people QQ about it as the economy right now is horrid. Is there any way for you PWE people to feel what we are feeling, and deal with what we are dealing with?

Of course if you're a cash shopper then you ain't much at loss but not everyone on earth can do so. If you want a community that can work in harmony, you need to be able to incorporate ALL kinds of players from lil kids to adults. I always have to end up telling new comers to get the hell out of this game if you don't want stress and your mom or dad's credit card to blow up.

400-500k+ is harsh.

and the recast also takes A HELL LOT more cannies and other mats that goes into the mills.

Can we figure out something where both parties (old and the rich) can get what they want without **** their bank accounts or pulling their hair out caused by stress? b:cry

To be honest not many people do Nirvana unless its 2x anyways. R9-R8 have nothing to do with the price flux. I am actually happy Mirages are out of T.T. More money for the merchant.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Uncanny price is rising due to it being longer since the last 2 drops.

R9 recast is so insanely expensive that even people who were crazy enough to buy r9 in the first place aren't going to bother recasting their r9.

Most uncannies go to making -int pants for sins/bms/barbs/archers. There will be demand for uncannies as long as there are people wanting more aps.

Everyone gotta complain about something. Just as many people are complaining that the price of uncannies isn't 500k+ like it was before the 10,000 days of double drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So you can farm 150 a week, provided you have enough keys -otherwise 15 a day from the three keys..

You need 10800 to recast the r9 set..or 4800 just for the weapon and lose the set bonus.

At 150 per week, you'll recast your r9 in about 72 weeks provided you do nothing but nirv runs (not to mention the 4800 other mats you'll need at 1 -2 a run if your lucky).
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    god help u if u were around for the first few months after nirvy came out XD where cannies like 1mil+ and raptues 4mil+? heck i remeber buying cannies for my nirvy for 420k each so 300k-400k makes me feel like i got ripped :(
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

*cut to shorten*

*cut to shorten*

400-500k+ is harsh.

Just my opinions :
    - Due to rank8 becoming horribly cheap after january (I think that was the first sale), most don't care about nirvana stuff. R8 and nirvana are roughly same power for most classes. The prices of cannies and raps dropped a lot since it became clear rep would be a semi-permanent cashshop item. For me, 300~400k per canny is cheap and I consider 450~500k a normal price. I honestly don't see why you complain about canny prices, as they have been rather low a long time now.

- The main reason I see for nobody doing nirvana runs (outside fixed squads) is that the last 2x was to freaking long. 3 weeks is horrible, and now ppl anticipate another 3 weeks for later. Thus they save up tons of keys. With simple 2~3 days 2x, you won't have that problem, cause ppl limit the keys they keep in stock for 2x.

- Rank9 recast many actually get ppl to farm vana more. If like you say the demand is already going up, it won't be long before those r9 ppl (that most probably deserted nirvana a loooooooong time ago) actually go farm it again.

- Plz don't talk about an effect of fairy boxes on nirvana and r9 recast. Fairy boxes were great, cause it gave the lower lvl players and not so great geared players (usually casual ones) a little source of income. But nobody who's healthy in his head would try to nirvana his TT99 or lunar gear on 36 mirages a day, even less, recast his r9 by doing solo tt.

- Keep in mind not everyone aims for great gear... It's a game, and if getting nirvana stuff get's you stressed, just stick with tt99 ? Ofc, this affects how others look at you and all, but don't make a game some stressfull way to pass time. I think it's normal that high grade stuff takes time and effort to get.

- Why do you oppose old and rich ? The coins you posses don't relate to how long you play as far as I know.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    because of a higher possibility of getting **** rather than cannies

the boxes that drops has a higher chance(%) to contain a canny than any ****. looks like the ppl u roll with screwed u.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

400-500k+ is harsh.

People... stop pushing that envelope and only ask what you yourself would pay. And cut out the cheating squadmates.

If I get cheated on one more TT or Nirvana Run... I'm gonna click that PK shield and go hunting...
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    idk about ur servers but in ht canies prices have droped and is still droping while rap is rising last i check...
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The prices will still go up because of recast.

On Sanctuary, in the current Rank 9 community, there is absolutely 0 demand to recast because of the inhibitive price and loss of set bonus. Literally not a single person will do it on our server. Possibly ever. If you ever see someone with recast r9, let me know.

As a rap/canny catshop I can back this up. Cannies are not selling generally speaking.

So your point is moot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    HT 500k+ is normal canny price. Only dropped to 400k during 2x

As for recast, who the hell is dumb enough to pay that much for +10 attack level? Its borderline where warsoul is the cheaper move.