Best mage?

Pyroatheist - Lost City
Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I have a 93 psychic, but I'm becoming a bit worried that I simply won't have enough cash to make it a worthwhile endgame character, so here's my question:

Which mage, choosing between mystic, psychic, and wizard, would be the best endgame(100-101) choice in either TW or normal pk (mostly TW) with a budget of less than 300 mill?
Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
Post edited by Pyroatheist - Lost City on

Comments

• Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I think your current main is probably the right character, esp if your more used to playing it. Obviously 300 mills is not too good of a budget, but that should get u to rank 8 +10 weapon. I would suggest refines to +5 on all your armor from mirages. These are best attained through bh 100 and fairy boxes from tt runs.

Do many many deltas for more money and to build your skills and to build an awesome tome.

Do the nine trials-join a faction that can- and begin to recast all of your rank 8.

Do farm apoth.

Thats my advise for a non cash shoped tw char that starts with 300 mill an doesnt want to be a merchant.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I think your current main is probably the right character, esp if your more used to playing it. Obviously 300 mills is not too good of a budget, but that should get u to rank 8 +10 weapon. I would suggest refines to +5 on all your armor from mirages. These are best attained through bh 100 and fairy boxes from tt runs.

Do many many deltas for more money and to build your skills and to build an awesome tome.

Do the nine trials-join a faction that can- and begin to recast all of your rank 8.

Do farm apoth.

Thats my advise for a non cash shoped tw char that starts with 300 mill an doesnt want to be a merchant.

I am merchanting, thats how I've been getting to 300 mill in the first place, but I'd like to stop merchanting sometime in the next year....

As far as recast r8 goes, from what I've been hearing, recasting at least the weapon, seems to be almost as much of a time/money expense as simply farming for r9 is, and hence I would shy away from any dependence on recasted r8.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Psychic - good with low refines, still useful, can still pack a wallop

Psychic - good with high refines, scales the best with cash shop, can be super de duper OP.

Psychic psychic psychic
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I am merchanting, thats how I've been getting to 300 mill in the first place, but I'd like to stop merchanting sometime in the next year....

As far as recast r8 goes, from what I've been hearing, recasting at least the weapon, seems to be almost as much of a time/money expense as simply farming for r9 is, and hence I would shy away from any dependence on recasted r8.

Both r9 and r8 recast are beyond your 300mil budget.
    I'd say go with the first suggestion, get r8 weapon, refine to +10, refine armors to +5 or so and shard with perfect citrines and garnets. You'll have good survivablility and damage, not as much as r9, but with psychic skills you can survive some situations better than a wizard or mystic, even though they have higher self-buffed p-def. R9 archers and sins still hit for 0 damage with psychic will, where they will basically insta-kill a r8 wiz/mystic. Against r8/nirvana/tt99 opponents you will have good odds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]