Petition for 9 Trials

Options
Zarni - Dreamweaver
Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Suggestion for PWI:

9 Trials reset should be Monday instead of Wednesday.

The trials increase dramatically in difficulty, especially the third round, requiring more players to complete.

They can only be completed once per week, if you don't complete them by reset you start at the first round again (that's fine).

Peak activity is on the weekend. This is when the best possibility to complete the third round exists.

The current schedule has Wednesday as the reset time. That means trial rounds 1 and 2 must be finished in one day each to be able to start round 3 on Saturday, when the most players are online.

With the reset on Wednesday it is unlikely any faction will complete all 3 rounds (or do so regularly anyway).

Resetting on Monday instead will make this new feature much more enjoyable and usable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Zarni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I approve... Would also add all trials should be started ONLY by Leader/Director... Sometimes it cause a lot of confusion when some randomly starts the trial when not all are ready or even inside...
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I approve... Would also add all trials should be started ONLY by Leader/Director... Sometimes it cause a lot of confusion when some randomly starts the trial when not all are ready or even inside...

That too, was gonna make a separate poll for that one later though. Give this one some time to get noticed. Would like to add Marshall and maybe even Execs (for some trials anyway) to that list, Leader and Director are only 2 people after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To start trail instance: Leader/Director ONLY
    To start trail 1-4: Exec and above, ONLY
    To start trail 5-8: Marshal and above, ONLY
    To start trail 9: Director and above, ONLY

KB had so many issues during the trails with people taking and starting the quest early >.<''
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlzDontPKme - Lost City
    PlzDontPKme - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If it is not possible to implement so that only the top 3 highest ranking officers can start the trial, then have some type of fee put into place, like a mil coins or some 100 mirages b:pleased

If people saw this requirement fee, they would rethink about clicking on that "Start Trial" option as most don't want to fork over that kind of payment. never had this problem when starting a Lunar run. b:laugh

Or a third option is to give faction leaders a quest to obtain a few amount of a certain item that has 1 week expiration date. The faction leader can choose who to give this item to, and only with this item can that person start the trial. Sometimes, the leader/director/ or who ever might not be present to start the trial at a certain time. This way, even low ranking officers can start a trial if they have that required item.
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How about this to consider though ...

Weekend is the time when most factions can get the most people online. This we agree on. But what if said faction has TW's to prep for, and they must take a break from the trials, then pick up later?

Leving it for Wed. reset, allows a faction to resume come Monday if they weren't able to finish over the weekend.
  • PlzDontPKme - Lost City
    PlzDontPKme - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think the only reason why it restarts on Wednesday currently is because maintenance takes place on Tuesday night and into Wednesday, which is how they restart most things, like world bosses spawn times.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How about this to consider though ...

Weekend is the time when most factions can get the most people online. This we agree on. But what if said faction has TW's to prep for, and they must take a break from the trials, then pick up later?

Leving it for Wed. reset, allows a faction to resume come Monday if they weren't able to finish over the weekend.

How long and hard are your TWs these days? Here on Dreamweaver even the more even matched factions tend to end in an hour. At TW time on Friday and after our one TW on Saturday we had over 60 people willing and ready for trials for a few hours before and several hours after TW time. One hour pre-TW prep and the 10 minutes of actual TW was a nice break between trials.

I'd be willing to bet a faction that has a full and challenging TW schedule is much more rare than a faction that gets stuck at trial 3-4ish every week due to lack of attendance on weekdays.

You make a good point though, there's never a solution that works best for everyone.

I think the only reason why it restarts on Wednesday currently is because maintenance takes place on Tuesday night and into Wednesday, which is how they restart most things, like world bosses spawn times.
    You're right, it's just a matter of a default reset. They have changed server reset day before though, it was Monday night a long time ago (or my memory is faulty), and I think this is a good enough reason to change it again. I know many people who basically stuck around to see what r8 recast and 9 trials had to offer, and if it's too hard to organize runs to ever get enough mats for anyone to recast, I see many people (like me) quitting the game entirely. 9 Trials is 100x more fun than the 5-10min TW I get a couple times a week, but if we can't ever get enough people to do it, it becomes just another useless feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]