equipment

Options
Yousuckman - Raging Tide
Yousuckman - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
So if you know me by now,ill go heavy armour.
I need 252 Strength and 56 Dexterity to equip Nirvana version of TT 99.
To equip tt99 best magic weapon i need 300 Magic?
Rings a bell,right? Ill be stat short even at max lv(105). Ill buy that +45 tome thought.
Can you guys(&girls) link me some good edgame rings,belts,necklaces,robes,etc.. to mega boost magic,dexterity or strength. Thank you very much :=3
Post edited by Yousuckman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Have you read through the Heavy/Robe guide stickied here? Several people posted endgame or near endgame builds they have.

The Mogwai belt is one item is one thing you should absolutely get when you do the related quest. +17 total str, dex and mag on the one I have. Unrefinable, unfortunately. Other than that, troll AH for +str/dex/mag items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mowriyah - Sanctuary
    Mowriyah - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I found it very important for a HA veno to have high lvl before starting this build. Like lvl 100+ and not really 70+ as the guide say.
    I'm using HA too on my veno, the armor i share in account stash with my BM.

This is the way i got my bonuses:
    I use the lunar cape (+6/7 vit/str/dex/mag, i was unlucky get +6 only on all) which gives a lot of bonus point - a big help.
    I use the Wisdom Forest helm for +10 str
    Legendary 87 neck (+5% hp, +8 str) - but gonna use my cube neck at lvl 101
    a 3-star belt (+% dmg reduce, +6 str, +6 dex)
    I use rank ring which i engraved +6 dex in
    i found a magic 3-star ring in AH for 500k which give +4 str, +6 mag and lots of dex i think +12 dex total. (the +6 mag is engraved)
    Im using +20 str tome but gonna use PanGu later when i can afford it.

Total i have 4 points left which i put into mag. And btw my vit is also 3 base.

I have the stats so i can wear any kind of magic weapon and heavy armor up to TT99. The TT99 HA boots have a str/dex bonus which give me enough strength and dex to wear my vana pants and future vana plate.

But if u can afford it and want a full version of nirvana armor and really seek endgame rings, belt, necks etc maybe u will need like lvl 102 instead, since i dont see much bonuses on those gears.

I will recommend you to get lunar cape and engrave your rings with highest engrave for mag/dex/str
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @OP: Can you explain why you're doing HA? There's an 80% chance that you're not doing it for any good reason or doing it with the wrong assumptions. It would be in your interest to state why and have some people explain the pros and cons.
  • Yousuckman - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tfi2f wrote: »
    @OP: Can you explain why you're doing HA? There's an 80% chance that you're not doing it for any good reason or doing it with the wrong assumptions. It would be in your interest to state why and have some people explain the pros and cons.

LOL You just joined and think you know evrythin about the game b:spit
    Venos are the only mage class that can wear heavy armour.And yet be very good at pk with proper gear(nirvana heavy),good sharded(vit and mag.def sharded) with a nice refine(+10).
    My friend knows a heavy veno that owned a group of sins in tw(he got less then 1k dmg at most),had 13k health.Also you have around 80% mag and phys.def so its quite a pwnsome build for a veno.Mages are killed VERY quickly in pk.
  • tfi2f
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Level 61, PvE server. Thinks that HA is a generically viable choice when it really only applies loosely in certain very specific corner cases.

I'll just highlight one thing that tells me you have no idea what you're talking about: 80% mdef reduction requires approximately 16K mdef. Rank 9 pure MAG AA wizards usually have about 11Kmdef unbuffed.

There is no way an HA veno could possibly have 16K mdef even if they have cleric buffs on. I didn't really bother to properly read the rest of your post: I just looked for the first most obvious sign that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sure there were others, but the level of fail is too much for me to even care to properly demolish your cretinously backward post.

Not sure if trolling or just very stupid...
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Level 61, PvE server. Thinks that HA is a generically viable choice when it really only applies loosely in certain very specific corner cases.

I'll just highlight one thing that tells me you have no idea what you're talking about: 80% mdef reduction requires approximately 16K mdef. Rank 9 pure MAG AA wizards usually have about 11Kmdef unbuffed.

There is no way an HA veno could possibly have 16K mdef even if they have cleric buffs on. I didn't really bother to properly read the rest of your post: I just looked for the first most obvious sign that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sure there were others, but the level of fail is too much for me to even care to properly demolish your cretinously backward post.

Not sure if trolling or just very stupid...
    Well with that magic def i missed alot i admit,but dont play a tought *** dude,i wonder who writes your posts,or your just all day online?b:chuckle
  • tfi2f
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That was not the only stupidness you talked in your post...

1. There is no situation where there will be 2 or more assassins attacking you, and you pop Bramble hood and only recieve 1K damage. That is complete BS, unless your friend also popped Expel or AD, but in that case the total dmg he took has nothing to do with your friend's gear build; it was Expel/AD, not his Heavy Armour. Actually, come to think of it, if your "friend" popped AD or Expel, they would be taking no physical damage, so there would be no melee reflect from Bramble Hood. Therefore I actually don't know how your "friend" managed to pull of this magnificent 1K dmg feat. I have this strange feeling this friend of yours doesn't exist and you just used him/her as an anchor to make it seem like you had a practical example. Or your friend lies to you.

2. Wizards and Psys are not squishy in PK. I have no idea where you got that from. A rank 9 wizard will handle 2-3 sin gank 10 times better than the best geared rank 9 venomancer. You obviously never tried to PK a +8 rank 8 wizard or higher. He will kill your nix in 2 hits, tank all of your fail HA damage, then 2-3 shot you with Undine -> FoW -> Gush -> Stone Rain.

3. Venos are not the only caster class that can wear HA. And a caster veno should not wear HA. Only go HA if you intend to play fox-melee veno, which was basically what I was going to try to tell you if you had stated your reasons. In the end though, you can do whatever you want to, but given that you're lvl64 (OHAI DERE I SEE YOU GAINED 3 LEVELS), I can see why you're staunchly supporting HA.

I was also HA at lvl6x-7x. I went LA during 7x-8x. From 9x I was AA. I was also LA from lvl1-4x or so. Between 4x and 6x I was switching slowly to HA.

...That was me, not some distant "friend", so I know what I'm talking about. In the end though, I'm sure I managed to help you out somewhat, so I hope you reconsider. HA is most likely not a good choice for you, and based your post I can infer that you play caster, so I'd say it's a definite no-no.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That was not the only stupidness you talked in your post...

1. There is no situation where there will be 2 or more assassins attacking you, and you pop Bramble hood and only recieve 1K damage. That is complete BS, unless your friend also popped Expel or AD, but in that case the total dmg he took has nothing to do with your friend's gear build; it was Expel/AD, not his Heavy Armour. Actually, come to think of it, if your "friend" popped AD or Expel, they would be taking no physical damage, so there would be no melee reflect from Bramble Hood. Therefore I actually don't know how your "friend" managed to pull of this magnificent 1K dmg feat. I have this strange feeling this friend of yours doesn't exist and you just used him/her as an anchor to make it seem like you had a practical example. Or your friend lies to you.

2. Wizards and Psys are not squishy in PK. I have no idea where you got that from. A rank 9 wizard will handle 2-3 sin gank 10 times better than the best geared rank 9 venomancer. You obviously never tried to PK a +8 rank 8 wizard or higher. He will kill your nix in 2 hits, tank all of your fail HA damage, then 2-3 shot you with Undine -> FoW -> Gush -> Stone Rain.

3. Venos are not the only caster class that can wear HA. And a caster veno should not wear HA. Only go HA if you intend to play fox-melee veno, which was basically what I was going to try to tell you if you had stated your reasons. In the end though, you can do whatever you want to, but given that you're lvl64 (OHAI DERE I SEE YOU GAINED 3 LEVELS), I can see why you're staunchly supporting HA.

I was also HA at lvl6x-7x. I went LA during 7x-8x. From 9x I was AA. I was also LA from lvl1-4x or so. Between 4x and 6x I was switching slowly to HA.

...That was me, not some distant "friend", so I know what I'm talking about. In the end though, I'm sure I managed to help you out somewhat, so I hope you reconsider. HA is most likely not a good choice for you, and based your post I can infer that you play caster, so I'd say it's a definite no-no.
    My friend does exist,he did that in Teritory war.If you shard heavy nirvana with mag def and vit stones i see no trouble winning in pk.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    on my veno i use the COA ring (seal of eternal solitude) which gives +7-8 dex and +7-8 vit. I also use the rank 8 ring.

other rings that could be helpful towards stats is the Demon Panther Ring (lvl 51) which adds dex 3-4, str 3-4, mag 4-5. i was originally going to use 2 of these rings when i began my HA build but ... i decided that i would like something a little better in terms of magic attack and stats.

another ring that could be helpful is the physical attack Band from Heavens Jail (lvl 97), gives dex 6-7, str 6-7 and additional phy attack+38. i would only reccomend this ring if you seriously need the stats or you are planning on hitting in fox form a lot.

as for necklace, the most popular choice is the Sky Demon Pearl (lvl 87) gives str 7-8 and max hp 5%. i use this on my veno. although its physical defense. if you want a magical defense one, look into getting the tt90 gold Swindlers Necklace, but it doesnt add any stats.

and a belt, I use the rank 8 belt, it gives magic 7-8 and vit 7-8. the magic helps me wear my weapon of course... another belt that you could use is the Mogwai belt, lvl 86 from a quest. quest name is: Dance of Dead Souls (87+) . gives str, dex, and mag of +5-6. i was also using this belt until i was rank 8. but yet again, its physical defense.

other than these, crafting or finding purple accessories with stats works too.

anyways, by seeing that you plan on getting nirvana, try getting a better weapon than tt99. try getting a nirvana weapon or rank 8 at least which both require 300 mag anyways. i do recommend rank 8 though, even with nirvana heavy armor. because you can use the rank 8 arcane armor as your set of arcane which you should always have a set with you, as a heavy veno. thats just my opinion ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Lady_Zam - Lost City
    Lady_Zam - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I was heavy armored back in the day, wasn't my cup of tea. Regardless, perhaps consider investing in a lunar weapon? They're stronger than TT99 and have a lower mag requirement.

Or take this veno's advice. I should probably read all the answers before posting. ._.
    anyways, by seeing that you plan on getting nirvana, try getting a better weapon than tt99. try getting a nirvana weapon or rank 8 at least which both require 300 mag anyways. i do recommend rank 8 though, even with nirvana heavy armor. because you can use the rank 8 arcane armor as your set of arcane which you should always have a set with you, as a heavy veno. thats just my opinion ^^
  • Mowriyah - Sanctuary
    Mowriyah - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Note: nirvana magic weapon 2nd caste only needs 285 magic to wear. But i would still say get 300+ if you can