Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    bump for more views >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2011
    that first fight was depressing, lol

what kind of gear are you using? unfortunately for your sage culti, hailstorm isn't very reliable. i think you would've had a better chance had you used moutain seize, because you don't seem to have a very big opening to attack here and you don't seem to be able to just bypass such highly refined characters
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    that barb just wouldn't die b:cry

bids crit didn't do the trick, that's just depressing lol.
    Why didn't you go for an undined sutra combo? Not trying to be snarky, jw. Because when a bids crit doesn't do it, that would of been the next thing I tried lol. That or maybe triple sparking, but he could always invoke for that b:surrender
    edited November 2011
    btw did you rubberband in that bm fight? Was hard to tell since it was sped up, but it kinda looked like you rubberbanded right before he killed you.
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The first fight was pretty good, even though you lost in the end, i liked it, you've been unlucky with BIDS not bypassing for prolly 500hp or so~ & your hailstorm didn't proc so much :\.
    The second fight, meh, after watching the first, i think you could've done better against that BM, even though HiT_MaN is pretty good from what i remember, but it seems you rubberbanded i think.
    Keep posting some Pvps, i always enjoy watching other wizzes gameplay
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Like your kiting. Barb must have lot of hp. I had pulled in the air vs. bm maybe from the start.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    yeah i did rubberband when i died, and usually fights between me and that bm last for a while til he gets a lucky drake bash zerk crit.

and i knew that i could charm bypass the barb if i crit in my high end damage. i've done it before to him. i hadnt been playing as much is why i didnt call hitman out for a decent 1v1 to record. hopefully it wont be to much longer til i get a new comp and i can record tw's and group pvp.

more to come hopefully, and @prof normally hailstorm is a little more reliable then that. i was just extremely unlucky during that fight. normally if hailstorm proc's i mountain seize, because it gives me enough tiem to channel and cast without them getting up in my face to much.

@killanator i was debating on working a sutra in on him but my charm died before i got that far. and also charm bypass is nice on a high hp barb like that because beastial rage doesnt proc the magic barrier if you dotn get him below 50% hp. sutra causes that drop and you ahve to deal additional damage to get the kill. i sutra bm's in a heartbeat if i know i cant out right one shot them with bt+spark or somethign
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You time your control skills very poorly. I think all except one time you used your sleep on that barb, it was at a random time with no follow up, and no reason behind it.

Don't BIDS a barb after their charm has already ticked and they are still at 90% hp.

I also hate your usage of wind shield. You waste too much time and genie energy with wind shield that you can't allow yourself to properly set up a kill.

Though that barb knows how to play.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You time your control skills very poorly. I think all except one time you used your sleep on that barb, it was at a random time with no follow up, and no reason behind it.

Don't BIDS a barb after their charm has already ticked and they are still at 90% hp.

I also hate your usage of wind shield. You waste too much time and genie energy with wind shield that you can't allow yourself to properly set up a kill.

Though that barb knows how to play.

^ this pretty much

Only times I would consider WS is on the actual arma and never on an axe bm, just wait it out and fort he took like 3 stuns to down you

and damn that barb was good
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited November 2011
    @killanator i was debating on working a sutra in on him but my charm died before i got that far. and also charm bypass is nice on a high hp barb like that because beastial rage doesnt proc the magic barrier if you dotn get him below 50% hp. sutra causes that drop and you ahve to deal additional damage to get the kill. i sutra bm's in a heartbeat if i know i cant out right one shot them with bt+spark or somethign

I see what you mean. That magical shield only absorbs like 2k damage right? So does it absorb an entire hit upon shattering or does the left over damage carry over to the barbs hp?
    edited November 2011
    from my experiences with it, it abosrbs enough of one of my attacks to save them in most cases. if your careful, you can tick beastial rage off and a TE barrier then go for the sutra. but when +12 axes are hitting you with zerk crits and you ahve 8.8k self buffed pdef 9.2k hp. its difficult to DD that much while kiting ever other skill. just something i probably need to practice at.

btw, idea for next vid. me pking ppl iwth a tt60 weap for lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    That would be entertaining lol.

and yeah it's hard to do a sutra combo when you're trying to kite, but I'll usually wait until hailstorm procs when the barb is like 20+ meters away. The paralyze gives me a headstart and the distance between us let's me finish.

Maybe you already do that though. You were obviously out of luck in that video and for all I know you were waiting for just that to happen b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    That would be entertaining lol.

and yeah it's hard to do a sutra combo when you're trying to kite, but I'll usually wait until hailstorm procs when the barb is like 20+ meters away. The paralyze gives me a headstart and the distance between us let's me finish.

Maybe you already do that though. You were obviously out of luck in that video and for all I know you were waiting for just that to happen b:chuckle

I mostly saw nurfed hailstorm when the barb was in his/her face o.o and didnt really see pitfall at all.

Or I missed something entirely and he wasn't trying to no spark nuke bypass at range then freeze+dropping after the barb got to em. Plus constant spam of gush over pyro left him short on chi. Not horrible and quite amusing to watch but there was more than bad luck going on there.

Keep recording though as I said it is amusing.
    edited November 2011
    i cant say i ever use pitfall in actual pvp, being sage the proc rate is just to low. You bring up a good point about gush over pyro use, but i do a lot of gush fall to ground kiting and sometimes the slow helps. definately somethign for me to think about doing though.

O and when you use hailstorm the immobilize procs before the damage does, meaning that it stops them from getting in yoru face. when it fails the damage hits while they are still traveling towards you making it look like i used it while they are in my face. and yeah sometimes i messed up the range and they got in my face while i was still channeling it.

plenty of htings for me to work on, and i learn from my mistakes by watching the video myself. i used to record 90% of my pvp and just re-watch them whne pvp died out to see what i was doing well and not doing well.

anyways thx for the commentary josh, you should post vid's of your pvp. see if all your split second decisions are right :P

edit: woo +10 deicide drop last night. pvp drops do exist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    i cant say i ever use pitfall in actual pvp, being sage the proc rate is just to low. You bring up a good point about gush over pyro use, but i do a lot of gush fall to ground kiting and sometimes the slow helps. definately somethign for me to think about doing though.

Yeah I never really use pitfall. Even demon, the proc rate is kinda low, and I don't think the 33% chance that demon has to paralyze along with the horrible damage justifies the time it takes to cast it.
    And by rule of thumb, I always start with gush on the ground and pyro in the air. I just simply have that in my mind so it's not a matter of split second decisions lol. I know what you mean by wanting to slow them before you take the fight to the ground though.

Gtfo b:cry
    edited November 2011
    alright, ima post the real pvp video here shortly on this thread. just so i dont junk up the forum with another thread. it's gonna have somehting special in it for you killanator XD.
    just a few more 1v1's where i lagged less was a little luckier and my charm didnt die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011

O and when you use hailstorm the immobilize procs before the damage does, meaning that it stops them from getting in yoru face. when it fails the damage hits while they are still traveling towards you making it look like i used it while they are in my face. and yeah sometimes i messed up the range and they got in my face while i was still channeling it.

plenty of htings for me to work on, and i learn from my mistakes by watching the video myself. i used to record 90% of my pvp and just re-watch them whne pvp died out to see what i was doing well and not doing well.

anyways thx for the commentary josh, you should post vid's of your pvp. see if all your split second decisions are right :p split second decision = "Oh *** fortify esc esc esc STOP STUN, ok go. all I threw out there were general tactics.

pitfall+pyro > glacial snare on a target where you bloody well know it cant bypass. similar damage in the same cast time. More chi and easier to cancle little skills and drop.

My mage is both demon and not bloody well finished yet lol and will most likely get a rank 8 recast wep at the most so the style will be entirely different from what I'd suggest to a sage with rank 9. Will post a vid in a year or so when its finished unless you want to see bm pvp :p

(spark+DP would work though)

looking forward to the new vid
    edited November 2011
    actually, sage glacial snare is quite useful if undine has run out. its nice to get some added damage in with a debuff that helps for a charm bypass. but what do i know i'm a wiz tlkingto a bm who doesn't read between teh lines.

heres another vid though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKhOwyvcZg have fun telling what you woud do in my place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Fun stuff. Hope youll spar with me when my Wiz hits 100, itd be nice to bounce off someone who doesnt just stand there and drop bombs.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2011
    1: your hotkeys and how you use skills seem to hold you back the most b:shutup

you should only "click" skills which are off your 1-9 hotkey bar, and use your keyboard to press the ones that are. this makes much more fluent combos. you seem to be standing around waiting between skills a lot. consider moving seal and sutra to a pressable key, would make it much faster to use imo

2: when you're using sutra against a high hp target, should throw mountain press in there to ensure death; you're holy, this shouldn't be that hard right b:question

3: try to stay self buffed lol

4: when you're opponent is high hp and still an annoying runner, attack mobs or something around you for free vigour

@1:10, i do this all the time lol
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    actually, sage glacial snare is quite useful if undine has run out. its nice to get some added damage in with a debuff that helps for a charm bypass. but what do i know i'm a wiz tlkingto a bm who doesn't read between teh lines.

Oh I got the condescension just chose to ignore it, and I'm sure trying to bypass a barb with GS when a bids crit dosn't work Is what all the pro wizzies do. I like the vids and will give what I see as constructive advise take it or ignore it. Leave the ego out of it plox.

heres another vid though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKhOwyvcZg have fun telling what you woud do in my place

OMG you so hax I kiss yo feet and do not differ at all in my opinion!

That more of what you were expecting?
      edited November 2011
      actually i was expecting some what reasonable forum poster as yourself to see the sarcasm that was in that first post you quoted. no condescension, though it seems someone is feeling a little defensive b:shutup

on the other hand, i do find some of yoru advice useful. and dont try to charm bypass with glacial snare as you've tried to say i think 3 times now. i use it more for the debuff and the slow if i fall to the ground.

and yeah, in longer fights i tend to forget about checking my own buff bar.

@prof
      i've thoguht about changing my skill setup some, and about 50% of the time i do use hotkeys to use sutra. i either click sutra then d.pyro hotkey hotkey hotkey or click sutra click spark hotkey the combo. its just something else that i need to practice. thanks for pointing it out for me.

sidenote:my fps was doing some really funky stuff in that vid, im not sure what i had runnign behind the client other then fraps but i was going from 19fps right on down to 1-2fps, so that could explain some of the space in between skills you were refering to.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited November 2011
      LOL'd at the "For DaKillanator" part b:laugh
      And lmao @ how close you came to killing that bm.

Although one thing I noticed that seemed weird to me was how you'd FoW someone, then distance shrink away. I always do the opposite.
      I feel like hitting a mele with FoW then blinking out of mele range kind of defeats the purpose of using FoW. If you just use blink a second earlier before they're in range and save FoW until they get close to you again then I bet you could get more hits in without taking damage.

I also noticed like someone else did that you do a lot of clicking lol. Usually I think clicking isn't that bad, but watching that vid it was definitely obvious at some points that you were attacking sluggishly because you had to click certain skills that were far apart from eachother.
    • Joshcja - Sanctuary
      edited November 2011
      Was an amusing vid not much to say aside from that, tt 60 thing made me chuckle, barb really loved 3 spark OI.

Any way we can get some non meles next pvp vid?
      edited November 2011
      lol htere arent many mages or psys with gear similar to mine and tbh i really suck vs archers or they are always full buffed. but sure i'll try to get some 1v1's in with some range classes or maybe some fish.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • notdurablesalt
      notdurablesalt Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2011
      LOL'd at the "For DaKillanator" part b:laugh
      And lmao @ how close you came to killing that bm.

Although one thing I noticed that seemed weird to me was how you'd FoW someone, then distance shrink away. I always do the opposite.
      I feel like hitting a mele with FoW then blinking out of mele range kind of defeats the purpose of using FoW. If you just use blink a second earlier before they're in range and save FoW until they get close to you again then I bet you could get more hits in without taking damage.

I also noticed like someone else did that you do a lot of clicking lol. Usually I think clicking isn't that bad, but watching that vid it was definitely obvious at some points that you were attacking sluggishly because you had to click certain skills that were far apart from eachother.
      Fail wizard giving advice b:chuckle
      edited November 2011

RAAGE b:angry
    • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
      BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
      edited November 2011
      First video, no real comments- I could tell dat barb has 35k hp or more maybe when you hit him at 1:51 at half hp for 15k and it ticked him. b:surrender

Don't listen to some of these guys - 40k hit points of tiger in your face and +12 axes? Dats tough - period. Tough to stay alive, sure, but even tougher to get (and hold) him long enough at 50% to bypass charm.

Oh - one comment I do have:

No chi pots? you had him snoozing at 50% for a while, but you needed to build chi. You had apoth cooled down that whole time. Chi pots are your friends. Lose a fashion hot key b:chuckle and put some white tea in there man!

Second video -

@0:27, you have him at 50%, you have 4 sparks, everything cooled down, should have been able to sutra ms and if it doesn't crit add in some skills in sutra (genie spark dp and pyro?)

@1:25, almost same thing - sleep on cooldown though, but you have distance and him mounting his flyer - probably could have just cast ms without sutra. maybe just hit fortify to make sure a stun doesn't cancel it

@2:28, you have him debuffed and in human form - you have enough chi for ms or bids, you have fortify cooled down to be able to get it off, you are near full health with your charm cooled down. And if you are worried about him seeing it coming - again - your apoth is on cooldown. Lose another fashion hot key and put some zooming thunderpowder in there. Zooming thunder, MS, and if you need to throw a couple more skills in there to finish him off you can. You almost had him with sutra, but the animation and timing on those gave him enough time to spark for immunity and heal. They never see zooming thunder coming.

The bids crit you ended this with was almost 30k!!! Given that match up, I think you were too heavily dependent here on sutra when MS and BIDS would have dispatched him in less time. And for someone that uses sutra ALOT more than I really do (I actually need to use it more, I think you need to use it less), I can't believe you don't have zooming thunder powder hot keyed.

All in all though, again, nice to see wiz pvp videos. And picking them apart is easy when you can pause and look at everything, I know. Just what I saw that you might want to try to work into your pk a little more. See if it works for you.
      "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
      BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
      edited November 2011

Um, he's a little bit right here. The clicking was a little crazy, although I wouldn't call it sluggish - he did sutra pretty well and that's anything but sluggish.

And FoW - well, it of course CAN be used either way. In TW i use FoW more often to save my faction mates than to save myself. In 1 vs 1 pk, I am not sure I can say whether I use it then distance shrink. Probably not.
      "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
      edited November 2011
      lol notdurablealt wasn't being serious, he's just a buddy of mine that randomly trolls me b:chuckle

For proof of our intimate relationship, click here.
    This discussion has been closed.