question about r8 recast

Paikea_ - Archosaur
Paikea_ - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I've searched the forums and cant find a clear answer for my question...

Will the recasted r8 weapon/armor keep the original stats it had and have those random adds that are similar to the way nirvana works added on? For example r8 bow has stats of -.10 int, +14 dex and +4% crit rate. Will these still be on the recasted bow as well as the random adds?
main:
Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
Hydrophilic 10x demon sin
Paiikea 9x demon cleric
Esete 9x sage veno

Comments

• Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm not too sure but from what I've read, it's like the Nirvana system where you have do a first cast to get the same stats (without the new bonuses) and you have to recast a second time for the new ones. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinoth - Lost City
    Sinoth - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm going to say no, but not 100% sure on that
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011

Will the recasted r8 weapon/armor keep the original stats it had and have those random adds that are similar to the way nirvana works added on? For example r8 bow has stats of -.10 int, +14 dex and +4% crit rate. Will these still be on the recasted bow as well as the random adds?

Nobody knows, and like as not, PWE isn't going to tell us. That'll be something we have to discover on our own, similar to Ring Engraving, Faction Bases, Marriage chapels, etc.
  • Straciatella - Sanctuary
    Straciatella - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I wonder if the overall look of the current R8 weap / armor (pretty much carelless about the armor's look :p), will change when recasted into "Awakened" State.
    Note: I'm hoping they do, all of them except the EG weaps are utterly ugly... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I may have lost everything, but I've still got my bedazzler.
  • Paikea_ - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    wow thanks guys for the quick replies. :D

guess its something we'll discover tomorrow. i just assumed someone would have the answer to my question since all the forums posters here seem to find out alot of things before they come out b:chuckle
    main:
    Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
    Paiikea 9x demon cleric
    Esete 9x sage veno
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I wonder if the overall look of the current R8 weap / armor (pretty much carelless about the armor's look :p), will change when recasted into "Awakened" State.
    Note: I'm hoping they do, all of them except the EG weaps are utterly ugly... b:surrender

From what I saw from the Chinese site, the appearance of the gear does change to show that it has been recast.b:victory
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Bull**** you couldn't find anything. Kids fail at looking these days.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1204011
    Note on recasting: Rank 8 recasting requires chienkuns stones if you wish to transfer sockets, refine and gems.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Nobody knows, and like as not, PWE isn't going to tell us. That'll be something we have to discover on our own, similar to Ring Engraving, Faction Bases, Marriage chapels, etc.

So will we know if R8/R9 recast transfers refines also? I remember when Nirvana was released, someone recast a +12 bow and lost all of his refines, and QQ'ed on forums. Thanks to him we now know only quench is transferable, but does that have to happen again to some other unlucky chump before we find out what it will be like here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Paikea_ - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Bull**** you couldn't find anything. Kids fail at looking these days.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1204011

wow sorry to ask a question lmao..b:surrender
    main:
    Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
    Paiikea 9x demon cleric
    Esete 9x sage veno