Heavy armour?

Options
Yousuckman - Raging Tide
Yousuckman - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
im thinkin of makin my veno heavy armour with max phys. def gems and refines.
Whats the strategy to kill melee opponents? mostly sins. i think werefox skills asre quite good.
i ve seen lv 90 sins with around 5k hp,and if nix at lv 100 hits around 4k(dunno how much aps),can veno shine in pk? thnxb:surrender
Post edited by Yousuckman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You can't out-damage pure melee classes in foxform. Heavy armor and cast against heavies, arcane armor and foxform for casters.

Nix attacks at 1 APS (1.25 APS with pounce's attack speed buff) but all but the flesh ream bleed tick is PVP reduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I really dunno why you're talking about PK when you're on a PvE server, but okay...
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think you should be banned from the game for suggesting a heavy armor build using garnet gems.
  • Yousuckman - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think you should be banned from the game for suggesting a heavy armor build using garnet gems.
    why? Should i use +10 vit stones instead?
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yes..
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options

If you have that kind of money then skip heavy armor entirely and stick with arcane.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

i loled hard.

Get Jades of Steady Defense.. period.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I can't believe you asked this stupid question...
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Dude, barb forum is that way
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tfi3f wrote: »
    I really dunno why you're talking about PK when you're on a PvE server, but okay...

I really do not know why you would question someone talking about PK when they are on an PvE server, but okay.....seriously, have you even played this game?

You want to ban someone because they have not learned everything there is to know about the game? Then I guess every single player including you shall now be banned. Good times.
    tfi3f wrote: »
    I can't believe you asked this stupid question...

People are not stupid for asking questions as a means of learning....people are only stupid for trolling others seeking to improve their knowledge about something.

Sheeeesh....really people? The decorum of the forum is already low, there is no need to make such an effort to bring it down even further -.-
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I really do not know why you would question someone talking about PK on an PvE server, but okay.....seriously, have you even played this game?

You want to ban someone because they have not learned everything there is to know about the game? Then I guess every single player including you shall now be banned. Good times.

People are not stupid for asking questions as a means of learning....people are only stupid for trolling others seeking to improve their knowledge about something.

Sheeeesh....really people? The decorum of the forum is already low, there is no need to make such an effort to bring it down even further -.-

She wouldn't have these problems if she read my guide :<
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dude, barb forum is that way

Why?
    They're the best available stones for giving HP if you're fully funded.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Jade of steady defense (which is what the barb suggested) don't add HP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Jade of steady defense (which is what the barb suggested) don't add HP...

This.. also I have a 103 veno and am quite competent at playing it i can switch avatars if it will make everyone feel better, though it doesn't change the person posting.

Jades make up for the HP you don't get from other stones by 1000 times over.

The first time I realized this (when it was too late) was quite some time ago.

Let's regale with a story.

I always wanted to put defense shards in my gear, but everyone said no stupid you are a barb HP stones are better. So not knowing any better I put all vit stones in my nirvana gear. Later after I had finally farmed my 5th piece of nirvana gear and got that nice 10 defense level bonus (this was way before rank9 existed) I asked my guild leader, Elayne, to damage test on me. He use to hit me. He used to gush me for about 5k with undine. This time he only gushed me for about 4.2k. 800 damage sure doesn't seem that significant but that was with only 10 defense levels. After finally getting full Jades in 20 sockets (half my gear is still 3 socket) Rank 9 +12 mages undine gush me for around 3.5k with 89 defense levels. (BIDS for about 5.5k)

Expensive yes, but if you are playing the game for competitiveness and PvP then these are the shards you want. If you are playing for PvE and farming you chose the wrong class go roll a sin/bm.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Once again if you do have the kind of funding required to put full vit gems or jades in armor you should definitely go for a magic based build.

The whole point of HA and LA (Back when LA was a good idea) was to be able to get the HP and P.Def of csers without csing at the cost of magic attack.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Once again if you do have the kind of funding required to put full vit gems or jades in armor you should definitely go for a magic based build.

The whole point of HA and LA (Back when LA was a good idea) was to be able to get the HP and P.Def of csers without csing at the cost of magic attack.

I agree. The only reason my veno is HA is because it is on the same account as my barb. Too lazy to farm all that gear again and can't be bothered to waste any more money on this ****ty game.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LA was never a good idea.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    LA was never a good idea.

Comments like this make me wonder how long you've actually been playing the game. LA was a fine build pre-tideborn.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Comments like this make me wonder how long you've actually been playing the game. LA was a fine build pre-tideborn.

Such a great point, dunno how to comeback to this one. b:chuckle

Stop trying to sell mages your crappy LA gear.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Such a great point, dunno how to comeback to this one. b:chuckle

Stop trying to sell mages your crappy LA gear.

YOU FIEND.
    You've revealed my top secret plans to pump the prices of light armor!

HOW DARE YOU!
    edited November 2011
    Options
    YOU FIEND.
    You've revealed my top secret plans to pump the prices of light armor!

HOW DARE YOU!

I ll go heavy atm lv 99 golden one,and put in those vit stones(i know how to grind nice monies). thnx ppl for all the feedback b:shocked
    1 question more:items bought with event gold are tradeable,yes or no?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    100% no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why?
    They're the best available stones for giving HP if you're fully funded.

Kinda redundant on HA, but i agree with you on the vit for AA partb:pleased
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I really do not know why you would question someone talking about PK when they are on an PvE server, but okay.....seriously, have you even played this game?

Uh oh, manners police....RUNb:avoid
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I ll go heavy atm lv 99 golden one,and put in those vit stones(i know how to grind nice monies). thnx ppl for all the feedback b:shocked
    1 question more:items bought with event gold are tradeable,yes or no?

Event gold is not tradeable and you should NOT put vit stones into level 99 gold armor as it's no longer end game armor. Put it in nirvana.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This.. also I have a 103 veno and am quite competent at playing it i can switch avatars if it will make everyone feel better, though it doesn't change the person posting.

Jades make up for the HP you don't get from other stones by 1000 times over.

The first time I realized this (when it was too late) was quite some time ago.

Let's regale with a story.

I always wanted to put defense shards in my gear, but everyone said no stupid you are a barb HP stones are better. So not knowing any better I put all vit stones in my nirvana gear. Later after I had finally farmed my 5th piece of nirvana gear and got that nice 10 defense level bonus (this was way before rank9 existed) I asked my guild leader, Elayne, to damage test on me. He use to hit me. He used to gush me for about 5k with undine. This time he only gushed me for about 4.2k. 800 damage sure doesn't seem that significant but that was with only 10 defense levels. After finally getting full Jades in 20 sockets (half my gear is still 3 socket) Rank 9 +12 mages undine gush me for around 3.5k with 89 defense levels. (BIDS for about 5.5k)

Expensive yes, but if you are playing the game for competitiveness and PvP then these are the shards you want. If you are playing for PvE and farming you chose the wrong class go roll a sin/bm.

A very hard veno to kill i may add....(speaking on my rpvp sin )..

Cheers susa
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Event gold is not tradeable and you should NOT put vit stones into level 99 gold armor as it's no longer end game armor. Put it in nirvana.

I WAS TALKIN about stuff bought with event gold(fashion,ride,flyers..)
    So,how much better is nirvana compared to tt 99 golden?
    And how to make Nirvana stuff,all i see under that section is cannies & raptures...
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I WAS TALKIN about stuff bought with event gold(fashion,ride,flyers..)
    So,how much better is nirvana compared to tt 99 golden?
    And how to make Nirvana stuff,all i see under that section is cannies & raptures...

Anything regarding event gold is not tradeable. (Sadly)
    The difference between nirvana and TT99 armor is mainly the set bonus. The more pieces you wear the more bonuses you get. You get attack levels for 2 pieces and defense levels at full 6.

Nirvana also refines better and gives better defenses regardless. If you're going to go all out and fully refine and shard a piece of armor have it be end game armor.

(The game has changed and TT99 is no longer justifiable as proper end game gear unless you're using it for the interval bonus - which you wouldn't be as a venomancer)

&&& You make nirvana THROUGH TT99 and lunar.
    There's two different kinds of nirvana and all nirvana has 2 separate stages.

Making 1st Stage:
    1 Piece of TT99 Gold (OR) 1 Piece of Lunar 95 Gold and 100 Uncanny Crystals

Make it at the Nirvana Forges

Nirvana 2nd Stage:
    1 Piece of first stage Nirvana & 150 Uncannies

Make it at the Nirvana Forges

THE DIFFERENCE:

-Lunar Nirvana does not bind itself automatically like Twilight.
    -Lunar Nirvana gives higher defense stats and Twilight Nirvana gives %Boosts.
    -Only 2nd Stage Nirvana gives Defense and Attack levels when multiple pieces are worn.