How does demon drake sweep work?

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Blademaster
The description from ecatomb, "Demon version gives each successful hit a 20% chance to regain 30 Chi."

Description from pwdatabase "Has a 20% chance to gain 30 Chi when hit."

I have tried to test it out, to see how it works in a PVE setting. I can only think of two places it works. Goons (due to their numbers, but at the cost of death), or my favourite, pq3 the canons. FCC pulls on mobs, they die to quickly for me to check.

At the canons i get 63 mobs spawned (i am in the air for safety reasonsb:shocked). They are resetting all the time, so that is why i am not sure how this works. Some times i get 10 chi, other times 50 chi, other times i get 1.5 sparks or more. Just wanted to know if someone could explain how the skill calculates how you get extra chi and how much? Conditions, rules things like that.

From what i gather, it seems to be a 20% chance on the mob that is targeted, and not everyone in range, but that is my speculation. I could be completely wrong on how this skill works.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well the description alone suggests that if it successfully lands a hit on a target, or surrounding targets, that you have a 20% chance per each successful hit to gain 30 chi.

So if you have 5 mobs and the 20% proc's for all 5 you would get 30 x 5, so 150 chi or 1 spark and half a chi bar worth of chi.

But that is just how I see it on paper, could be wrong on how it works fully in game.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've never gotten more than 30-50 chi with my DS. Maybe it has happened but I didn't notice, but I know for sure that I've never gained a spark with it even if used on BIG group of mobs.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah... It's a lie. "20% Chance" In exp room in fcc with the pull sometimes I don't get any chi from drake sweep.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Seems liek a 20% chance to proc at al lthen a 20% chance per mob

Got 3 sparks in one go once in OVS best pull ever
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, should i post this in general discussion, maybe someone there might know?

I am thinking that is how it works Joshcja.

Pytharia - by the time i end the hf animation, mobs are dead b:angry, so i try them on pq mobs, i can get 60 or so gathered up in one spot and attack them harmlessly. Most of the times i get nothing from drake sweep as well. Some times a tiny bit, on rare occasions i get a spark or more back.

If what Joshcja said is true, that is about 4% chance of getting 30 chi assuming it procs. If it doesn't proc, 0% chance, and get the chi from normal hit. The skill lied to me as well, i though, end of chi trouble days. Just round up one bunch, drake sweep, get chi for hf, do hf, grinding will be fun. Alas, the skill is not so simple.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    idk about them numbers but i do hf more in Delta since i learned it.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    During delta there are times when I wish i didn't have to use chi pots, genie (don't have either when i do it), it will make the costs go down significantly if drake sweep could be figured out and work. I am always trying to find way to only use free pots to play the game and still be fast. Plus it is a useful skill if you want to grab quick agro and get a bit of chi in the process.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    During delta there are times when I wish i didn't have to use chi pots, genie (don't have either when i do it), it will make the costs go down significantly if drake sweep could be figured out and work. I am always trying to find way to only use free pots to play the game and still be fast. Plus it is a useful skill if you want to grab quick agro and get a bit of chi in the process.

just put on claws and punch something while spaming drake sweep, fan, cyclone, and roar till your chi'd back up
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's not per mob, otherwise I'd never have needed chi siphon every other pull in 3rd map when I was grinding for DQ.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's not per mob, otherwise I'd never have needed chi siphon every other pull in 3rd map when I was grinding for DQ.

I'd have to agree with Dan - I've never seen it give more than 30 chi - mind, I hardly ever see it actually give chi period. I think the %s in this game are messed.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I guess i'll just keep it in my chain and be happy when i get lots of chi and not expect the skill to get me chi.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's not, I did a test run with this skill long time ago and posted pretty much what Josh said. Statistically it would be impossible for it to be a set 20% in general per mob hit, given that the test runs I made had at least 10 or more mobs each time I used it. Which is where the 20% chance for the skill to proc the chi gain at all came from. And then since it had a variable amount, it was surmised there was a further 20% chance per mob after the proc actually happened. That explained the seemingly low amount of chi gained from the skill.
    Demon Drake's Sweep is actually worse than advertised. I tried it out on seaspray thieves, around 10+ each time. I would demon drake sweep 3 times, and I'd get around 1 every 30+ hits, sometimes 2. This was pretty consistent, and only rarely would I get a nice 90 chi when doing it. It acts more like a 20% chance to trigger, followed by a 20% chance to proc; making it out to roughly 4% chance for the 30 chi. Not sure if other people have had more luck, but this was a disappointment to what I thought it would give.

Cyclone Heel will sometimes be better sage than demon, depends on what amount of -interval is currently worn. Breakpoints allow sage to be more useful at times.

Also, the extra -interval that can be had from recasting the leggings may change things on the fist/claw front as well. Should reduce the penalty sage's have from their advanced spark, and possibly allow it to break even with demon path for tanking purposes.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.