best dq spot/reward item?

Gabbyz - Lost City
Gabbyz - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I've been experimenting on different mobs nd their dq drop rates and dq worth to npc. But i cant seem to figure what the biggest dq source of cash is. Anyone know if the drop rates are different by mob or where the most expensive dq dropping mob is found?
Also, whats the best thing to use dq points on. Now that reps gone.. I dont see anything else i could get. I mean the event gold for charms and such isnt bad but its alot of dq.. Idk id all that farmings worth it. Let me know your opinions. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Gabbyz - Lost City on

Comments

• Michalko - Heavens Tear
    Michalko - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've been experimenting on different mobs nd their dq drop rates and dq worth to npc. But i cant seem to figure what the biggest dq source of cash is. Anyone know if the drop rates are different by mob or where the most expensive dq dropping mob is found?
    Also, whats the best thing to use dq points on. Now that reps gone.. I dont see anything else i could get. I mean the event gold for charms and such isnt bad but its alot of dq.. Idk id all that farmings worth it. Let me know your opinions. Thanks in advance.

high level drop sux egg no matter which mob =(

DQ reward.. maybe use on random dye?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thx to Dorset for the Sig :)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Laughs, b:chuckle If we posted the best mob sites for drops in the Forums, everyone would go there in swarms like locusts to farm kill drops, then would only end up killing the drop rate anyways, so it would be self defeating to announce it, since drop rates drop drastically, when lots of peaple are in the local area anyhows..... lolol b:laugh

And yep (Random Dyes) are the best thing to use the dq points for, if ya got alot of fashion sets~ya wanna dye "whether it be as single items or as sets...." saves ya alot of coin to get them that way, rather then pay the 250K per dye, they usually go for nowadays...

Cause let me tell ya it took me 120 randoms too find the color I wanted for my BMs Fashion set!?b:shocked And that so woulda been major murder on anyones coins savings if ya think about the current kitty store cost rates b:beg, LMAO!! b:embarrass
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The D/S Card is definitely worth it, since it can be used for charms and refining aids...aside from that, my next guess would be the Do-Alls if you run Cube often.

As for mobs and their DQ droprates, the Spiders in the northern reaches of the map (Lethal Areneid Sharpfangs) are often hunted for their decent drop rate of DQ/Glaze, but that makes them a popular target for clerics and a few others who can handle AoE grinding poison mobs. Another good place would probably be OHT Map 3 (Old Valley of th Scarred), but its also a popular place for AoE grinders, so you may have some competition.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    search DQ items on PWdatabase. best thing to get with DQ points is D/S card for smileys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Try grinding on the spiders in Avalanche Canon. They have less hp than most mobs of their level (dies fast), does wood damage that is tolerable by a veno, and drops glaze (worth about 10k each atm on Sanctuary). I had a veno friend who made around 1 mil grinding on those things per hour during 2x drops. So you might make around 500k worth of dq mats per hour during non 2x?

Do try to farm from those mobs outside of Arch during the archo attack events, just like the one we had last night, or high level wraith attacks and legion attacks.

As for whats the best thing to use those points for, its definitely the card that awards you 50 event gold. most use the event gold to buy refinement stones to help refine their gear, or hp charms. however, I think they are going to release new items for the dq rewards, so save up your points for now until the next big update. I am hoping we can also obtain mats for R8/9 recast from teh DQ rewards...Frankie did say it's going to be interesting and useful.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011

You could just sell the DQ's in or to a kittyshop :o shops usually buy them already for twice the npc price :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngeLBarbie - Lothranis
    AngeLBarbie - Lothranis Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:laugh Spiders on Ancient Peak or w/e i think is the best spot to farm DQ...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Grind the mobs at the entrance of Valley of the Scarred, they are best source of DQ items hands down. You know.. unless you don't have access... b:sad
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hell and heaven has good drops when you stay in the level range, doing the wraith attacks that happen randomly gives somewhat decient drops. Soloing brim gives decient drops including dq items(not much but they do) from the 3 bosses there and I can make more coin off just that than selling heads. during the same time period, plus the random books/molds they drop. most mobs i found within level range give good dq drops go beyond that it seems a bit shaky, +- 10lvls. if you can handle them the ? mobs in oht map 1 around the small temple structures have some decient drops as well that i found, but it isnt worth it if you can kill them quickly. (time vers amount of drops).

also mobs in tt instances drop them as well, but might not be worth the cost benifit when you add in the price of subs.

have fun
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    spiders for sure have the best drop rates of all mobs..unless the DEV's lower it one day cause we talk about it.Dont like the event **** to much,nothing worth to buy in it..maybe tisha stones and such..i mainly invest in random dyes when the time comes to dye something.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As a veno, you should be able to grind any of the 3rd map mobs. Clerics can purify so they like the spiders, but you'll be better off grinding Shieldbearers on Wanteds... unless you're sage b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.