Bother with getting R8 recast?

Options
Lulznotwar - Lost City
Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Barbarian
Hey there my fellow barbs <3

This is my current APS barb: http://pwcalc.com/d378b17d33274832

and in non-APS gears :http://pwcalc.com/643b61bdf4b565d9

And im wondering whether its worth my while going for R8 recast on the plate and wep for increased HP in APS gears, and increased damage when im using non-APS gears?

I would probably eventually go full R8 recast on my barb and revert him to Vit or strength for the lulz, but i guess it depends. Even if i stay APS i guess if i get lucky i could get -int on my top or keep rerolling till i do so i can remove the ashuras ornaments. And in the case i get that, i guess i can go for the tome and remove my reliance on both LH pieces of gear and go full R8 recast or NV them. Dunno

Any thoughts are appreciated :)
RIP spoons
RIP PWI
The game is dead
Post edited by Lulznotwar - Lost City on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    5.0 sage barb here i come, just need -.05 on chest plate b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hard to speculate when we don't know the cost of recasting yet. I'm going to assume it's going to be well worth it if you have the coin if you can get 1 more piece of -int. Then you'll be able to afford more rank 9 gear and still be 5.0.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Testical - Harshlands
    Testical - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    For those who complain about lack of end-game contents, rank 8 recast farming will keep you busy for a while. b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hard to speculate when we don't know the cost of recasting yet. I'm going to assume it's going to be well worth it if you have the coin if you can get 1 more piece of -int. Then you'll be able to afford more rank 9 gear and still be 5.0.

I have the post Rank 8 / 9 Recast in general discussion which gives a link to all the quests (chinese versions). I can tell you it will take some time to save the rare mats, but they seem to all be tradeable. I guess we will find out soon enough.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I certainly will be trying to recast as well as get the wrist/feet. It will be a challenge to farm for it. Sadly, I'm sure that 6 months after it's been successfully farmed either the mats or the full armor will be available in packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I certainly will be trying to recast as well as get the wrist/feet. It will be a challenge to farm for it. Sadly, I'm sure that 6 months after it's been successfully farmed either the mats or the full armor will be available in packs.

6 months? LOOOOOL I give it 6 weeks top b:chuckle
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Flatpaw - Lost City
    Flatpaw - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i think i am gonna go for full R8 recast also but man that is gonna be alot of grinding and trials lol
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna wait a while before deciding between r8 recast or r9 for my top/legs. See if people start selling the mats for a decent price / it comes in cash shop for a decent price (and gold price doesn't sky rocket of course).
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm not getting recast or even rank, need to share my gear with bm. So nirvana all the way b:victory
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • Flatpaw - Lost City
    Flatpaw - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if if mats are kinda high for recasting R8 they will prob. still be way cheaper than R9. i am to poor to get R9. besides i kinda like the trials so i can have fun while getting mats with my faction b:pleased