Fists or not?

Kodama_xx - Archosaur
Kodama_xx - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Archer
been wondering what the best fists may be for an archer, without costing to much extra str from the pure dex build of 1str 4dex every level. iv heard gorenox vanity is a pretty good set of fists, and they do relativly the same damage output as deceides?
Post edited by Kodama_xx - Archosaur on

Comments

• X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Generally speaking Deicide is better than Goronex because it has 100 more base attack and only requires 11 more strength. Goronex isn't too bad either because it has a useful proc that increases attack and recovers hp. If you can reach 5 aps with goronex, then there is no need to get deicide. Otherwise, that 0.05 more interval you obtain from deicide will greatly boost your dps.
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Generally speaking Deicide is better than Goronex because it has 100 more base attack and only requires 11 more strength. Goronex isn't too bad either because it has a useful proc that increases attack and recovers hp. If you can reach 5 aps with goronex, then there is no need to get deicide. Otherwise, that 0.05 more interval you obtain from deicide will greatly boost your dps.

If you can get 5 aps with gorenox you will out dps deicides with the increase attack buff from gorenox vanities.

/Think I saw this somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    been wondering what the best fists may be for an archer, without costing to much extra str from the pure dex build of 1str 4dex every level. iv heard gorenox vanity is a pretty good set of fists, and they do relativly the same damage output as deceides?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=915992&highlight=Deicides

Edit:

You know what, forget that link - go with Deicides... I forgot about the r8 recast. Since Deicides have a -0.1 interval, you don't have to worry much about getting interval bonuses from TT mix sets. It gives you more flexibility in your aps build gear.

Deicides ~ 0.1 int (35 mil)
    r8 Chest non recast ~ 0.1 ( 100 mil for r8 )
    Wraith gate interval cape ~ 0.05 (8 mil)
    2 TT99 Physical ornamets ~ 0.05 (40-50 mil)
    TT99 LA wraist ~0.1 (12 mil)

I think this is the cheapest 5.0 archer build you can get (10 mil cheaper if you take out TT99 belt and go with TT99 LA boots)...and it allows for future changes for better gear with additional intervals from interval tome, interval pants, interval boots (r8 recast). You get to mix with different gear combinations to get 2 piece set bonuses from r8 recast and nirvana.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011

b:chuckle That explains all. Should've searched the forum before posting haha
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Meh, Imo Gorenox are kind of impractical because they require you spend much more to reach respectable attack speed. I do not believe they OutDD deicides reliably either. It is honestly far simpler to use Deicides and leave the other gear spaces free for better pieces, than to go GV and have to spend quite a bit more for 5.0.

Speaking as an archer, I believe the money you could spend just to be 5.0 with gorenox, is far better spent on other things >.>