Veno-less aps nirvy?

Options
Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Venomancer
I just noticed one disturbing trend in my server and i hope it does not blow out of proportion.

The demand for venos in nirvy is getting less, as I noticed in wc calling out more for bm's more frequently than venos as before.

I dunno if this is related to the rep sale and more sins and other aps toons getting R9 and better aps to boot.

I asked one poster why he/she did not ask for a veno, not even a sage one is because he/she said our amp only works on most of the bosses but hf works for all.

Is this the end of venos in nirvy? I just hope not.

What's your take on this?
Post edited by Nine_Lives - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    HF and Amplified Damage are both amps... though technically HF is a curse. Anyways, they work on the same bosses and don't work on the same bosses.

The answer is people are stupid. Nirvanas run faster and smoother if you have 1 of 3 classes added. A cleric, barb, or veno. Clerics for heals/buffs/boss debuffs. Barbs for their damage buff and boss debuffs. Or veno's for their amp and debuffs. Cleric is the most support but gives the least dmg boosting. Barbs give more dmg boosting in the way of Titans and a pdef debuff. And veno's can stack pdef debuff and their amp on about 55% of the bosses for the most damage increase.

Taking a veno as your 6th spot is more effective than taking another sin assuming the other 5 spots are already good dd. In a decent squad most bosses die before first HF finishes anyways. Best squad imo is a cleric, wiz, and barb buffed squad with 4 sins, a bm, and a veno.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I just noticed one disturbing trend in my server and i hope it does not blow out of proportion.

The demand for venos in nirvy is getting less, as I noticed in wc calling out more for bm's more frequently than venos as before.

I dunno if this is related to the rep sale and more sins and other aps toons getting R9 and better aps to boot.

I asked one poster why he/she did not ask for a veno, not even a sage one is because he/she said our amp only works on most of the bosses but hf works for all.

Is this the end of venos in nirvy? I just hope not.

What's your take on this?

If HF works on a boss then AMP does as well. Whoever told you that is a useless APStard.
    Venos have MORE to offer than just amp. We can purge the annoying second boss as well as keep most bosses constantly debuffed for lower physical defense. We also have 3 available skills that have a chance to drop a bosses physical defense to 0 - which has a similar effect to DG on a boss you cant amp as far as overall spikes in DPS go. (2 skills only if youre sage) Passing sparks and bramble guard are always great additions.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Best squad imo is a cleric, wiz, barb buffed sins & Bm, and a veno.
    Fixed it fer ya

On topic though, whoever said that HF works on all of them is nothing short of an idiot. Plus you still have a multitude of debuffs aside from amp as a veno and are a greater asset than a 5th sin

I'm a big fan of making your own squads if no one will take you, and as a veno most people wont leave when they see you in squad. the ones that do tend to be idiots anyway, so mehh.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thanks for the input guys.b:victory
  • Mowriyah - Sanctuary
    Mowriyah - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    3 sins, 2 bms and a veno is my favorite type of squads
    And then buffs from cleric/barb outside vana :3
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    3 sins, 2 bms and a veno is my favorite type of squads
    And then buffs from cleric/barb outside vana :3
    Yup, these squads are the best. Everything goes rather quick.

By the way I've also noticed fewer APS squads recruit venos these days. I wonder why...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yup, these squads are the best. Everything goes rather quick.

By the way I've also noticed fewer APS squads recruit venos these days. I wonder why...

I did ask around some of those who wc about this:

1. They say venos damage slower and weaker than aps players. b:surprised.

2. 2 aps bm's make a lot more damage and damage amplifying than 1aps bm 1 veno b:shocked

3. Not many venos are aps b:angry

See the pattern here? It's all about aps for these players.

b:shutup
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This is because until only prolly a month or so ago, all you fail venos in here were telling other venos not to get lvl79 Break skills.

"They aren't as great as they sound and they rarely ever proc".

So now nobody even knows about veno breaks. Lawl, things are cleaning up slowly but surely though, and you all are failing less and less, little by little. I'm sure there are still lvl100 venos in here running nirvana without breaks though...
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tfi3f wrote: »
    This is because until only prolly a month or so ago, all you fail venos in here were telling other venos not to get lvl79 Break skills.

"They aren't as great as they sound and they rarely ever proc".

So now nobody even knows about veno breaks. Lawl, things are cleaning up slowly but surely though, and you all are failing less and less, little by little. I'm sure there are still lvl100 venos in here running nirvana without breaks though...

Easy for a learned veno to understand but hard for an apstard to process though.

I'm darn proud of my myriad rainbow (only got foxform for now, human form to follow if i gots the gold). I spam them in fc at pulls before i go human and aoe the **** out of the mobs.
    Pretty nifty skill at TT after amping the boss. It still gets to me some venos here complain of the 800mp it consumes when there are a bajillion ways to recover lost mana.

But trying to explain to an apstard about proc can be as frustrating as trying to explain algebra to a newborn though...yet they complain about dying when they crit and taking aggro b:shutup

With all the rage on aps and speed kills (speed everything actually here on PWI nowadays)
    these guys can be slow to process real gameplay

''But HF animation looks cooler than rings''b:shutup