[Question] Rank 8 and Rank 9 Weapon

Vidish - Sanctuary
Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Pardon me if this has been posted before, but I could not find the exact answer (and even has posted ticket, but still didn't get satisfactory answer to this question).

Here is the situation, my BM got his rank VIII and was not aware of the fact that you can only select one weapon.
I thought you could buy all available weapons (poleaxe, polearm, fist) by spending 2mil per weapon. So, I chose Rank VIII polearm/ ★★Scythe of the Monarch Mind, only realized that you are stuck with it.

My question if I pursue Rank IX, can I choose axes/★★Warflame Cleaver, or will I be stuck with polearm?

Thanks a lot in advance for your response.
Post edited by Vidish - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When you get R9, You can get the axes despite what you chose for R8, it's the only R9 weapon you can get on a blademaster.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yes, blademasters can only get r9 dual axes regardless of the r8 weapon you choose (for now).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The NPC clearly states you can only choose one, how do people not understand that?
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The NPC clearly states you can only choose one, how do people not understand that?

Why you expect ppl that plays PWI takes the time to stop and read NPC text (even while doing important choices) ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why you expect ppl that plays PWI takes the time to stop and read NPC text (even while doing important choices) ?

Because the text is there to read and **** ups in this game tend to be expensive.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Wow...

Even more reason to not even bother with R8 on my BM. o.o

Guess I'll stop wasting time, money, and effort to even get Rank 4 for mine then and focus on my Archer.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    To be fair there are very very few quests that require you to read something. Players have been thoroughly trained to click through the quest stuff to be able to accept it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thank you everyone for the answer.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I actually tend to read quest texts and flavor text in all games except PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?