"Fatigue" System in PWI version?

Options
howryou
howryou Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Hello, how's everyone doing today? Get yourself comfy and take a minute or 2 to allow me to introduce a little information I thought I should share with my fellow gamers.
First let start with a little background information that I happen to find out while browsing the web. If there's any doubt in the information, you guys can alway googles and see for yourself. Anyway, China, Korea, and possibly many more country are conducting research regarding effects of MMOG on their populations, economy, etc. They are terrified at the results that these research agencies concludes. To shorten the detail, issues such as heavy online gaming result in low productivity and no real life jobs earning. They estimated over 55m young citizens (don't remember the age range 22+/-10) are heavily addicted to MMOG and 80 percent of them pay some form of subscriptions to MMOGs and have no source of real life income. In respond to these negative effects on their citizens and the economy, China and Korea start applying heavy censorship regulations, limited hours in game and to some extend ban late night gaming(Korea). Beside the regulation mention above, they also force game maker into applying what we call a "Fatigue" system into MMOGs. You can google a little bit about it if you don't know what it is. Basically, it's a method that keep peoples from spending too much time in a game where farming (run instances over and over for [item] drops) is a way to advance/strengthen character by reducing drops if players is too active such as logged in too long and too often. This fatigue system may or may not hidden from players' awareness. b:shocked
Ok, enough information. Let us discuss. Since this game came from China, do you guys think this system is active on PWI version? From my personal farming experience, drops seem diminish the more I runs do. Sometime coming home from school, run one TT run and I get 2-3 gold mats, and sometime on weekend, I do 18+ runs of the same TT instance and get 2-4 gold mats total b:surrender . Off course we can all do Nirvana runs where drops is pretty much fixed. Well that's me, how about you guys?
Post edited by howryou on

Comments

• Kathikins - Dreamweaver
    Kathikins - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No such system is implemented.

You have discovered the joys of the random number generator, combined with that lovely human tendency to remember notable events and discard the uninteresting ones.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The only fatigue here is on your wallet, or in an attempt at finding end-game content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i do know a game wich is a international version from a korean version that gives like every 0.5 ~ 1 hour a red text warning that gaming for long time without a break is bad for your health. you get the warning also at loading screen with selecting char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There is a fatigue system implemented but its disabled in our version b:laugh
  • ClawCrusher - Sanctuary
    ClawCrusher - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This reminded me of the PS2 game Dark Cloud...the joys of filling up your bags with tons of water before going into a dungeon b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leiron026
    leiron026 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Afk... fak1n 1diot
  • Biatch_ - Harshlands
    Biatch_ - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dont worry if you get to 100+ there is enough time to relax and to not play the game so much ....b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanx Jean for the siggib:kiss
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Nice name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • howryou
    howryou Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wow sorry to necro my thread but look like we are getting this "fatigue" system after all according to some peoples posting update changes in "REFLECTION" expansion. The 8 hours limit on farming/leveling. b:shocked
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    have you been f5ing your thread for the past 8 months?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

b:chuckle
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hi!

This game is based for the United States.
    -Different Culture
    -Different People
    -Different Outlook
    -Different Government
    -Different Continent

Go sell your **** somewhere else. China is not the United States. What is needed or wanted in one country is not always the same.

Anyone who dies, loses their job, etc due to a MMO has an addiction problem. The MMO, just like the Alcohol, is not at fault - nor is it their duty to change their product because people have issues. It's like asking the car industry to make cars run 5mph and be covered in pool noodles to prevent car accidents.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide
    Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    inb4 close
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This reminded me of the PS2 game Dark Cloud...the joys of filling up your bags with tons of water before going into a dungeon b:laugh

DarkCloud...was that the one where if your wep broke you lost it forever?

pretty sure I lost some hammer and raged for hours D:
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    howryou wrote: »
    Wow sorry to necro my thread but look like we are getting this "fatigue" system after all according to some peoples posting update changes in "REFLECTION" expansion. The 8 hours limit on farming/leveling. b:shocked

This may be the most applicable necro I've ever seen <.<
    You must be Nostradamus or something >.>
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.