Best weapon

Options
Must - Lost City
Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Barbarian
Not counting rank 9 Axe , wich you guys think its a barb best wep?

I mean i have a +5 rank 8 wep and i really think its sucks....
Post edited by Must - Lost City on

Comments

• SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I personally think zerk weapons are the best in game. So I would recommend:

GX or G15 NIRVANA.

G15 is extremely costly/time consuming but the damage of GXs don't compare. Also another good weapon is Master's Axe or the LG gold pole axe, but that is basically the r8 weapon with option to roll to nirvana at a later time. For the traditional tank I'd recommend the Pan Gu's axe for maximum survivability.

Overall though I still recommend something like:
    http://pwcalc.com/0feb1ff1df973972
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In the panda's opinion SteelStar hit the nail on the head.. Unicorn Tragedy with GoF b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/faaff5f262c89dc4

wheel of warfog g15, Gof + vit + atk perfect for pvp / arma b:dirty

http://www.ecatomb.net/dualaxe.php you can check the screens of the axes. imo the nirvana made by TT is way more badass b:dirty

GoF is a hard add to get, normally players stay with the sacrificial strike, but the g15 axes are the best before r9, so if you think it worth some reforges to get GoF go on.. you'll need luck (if i had a g15 i'd try to get GoF).

gl, Blood.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You can't omit r9 it's just sooooo much better then any reforge you can get on G15s

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1588/trazaxes.png

FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    In the panda's opinion SteelStar hit the nail on the head.. Unicorn Tragedy with GoF b:victory

GoF is 2.5% chance going to statistical numbers that means 250 raptures + 280 raptures to reforge it. You're already in the ballpark of what the r9 weapon costs. Now you factor in sockets and other stuff....yeah....there really isn't any point in trying for a GoF G15 vs just getting the r9 weapon.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Zaibeast - Archosaur
    Zaibeast - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You can't omit r9 it's just sooooo much better then any reforge you can get on G15s

GoF is 2.5% chance going to statistical numbers that means 250 raptures + 280 raptures to reforge it. You're already in the ballpark of what the r9 weapon costs. Now you factor in sockets and other stuff....yeah....there really isn't any point in trying for a GoF G15 vs just getting the r9 weapon.

This ^^

Unless you're an extremely lucky person who can get GOF as soon as you make your 2nd recast, sell your raptures and get the rank 9 axes. Cost-wise, they are roughly the same. Only difference is is that rank 9 axes completely dominates over what ever G15 nirvana axes can get you.

But any weapon that has the capability to zerk is definitely a Barb's best weapon. I love seeing those 20k-30k zerk-crits when I arma pop up in TWs. b:laugh
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I will not deny R9 is dominates every weapon there is including warsoul, but the original title of this thread is about weapons other than r9.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • BLOODSUNDER - Archosaur
    BLOODSUNDER - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You have to forgive Zai: he is kinda dumb and is used to having his in game wife read for him.

And he wishes on his best day he could arma my wizard for 20-30k. But I's can 1 shot him . . . .
  • Zaibeast - Archosaur
    Zaibeast - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You have to forgive Zai: he is kinda dumb and is used to having his in game wife read for him.

And he wishes on his best day he could arma my wizard for 20-30k. But I's can 1 shot him . . . .

That's a total lie b:cry

b:angryAnd you sir have not one-shotted me while in tiger form....I think b:surrender
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    With recast here I'm pretty sure a recast Rank 8 now beats G15 Nirvana. It can get GoF, it gets a base increase in damage, and it gets bumped to G15 itself. It's base damage is already alot higher, but I don't know if its refine rate will be improved. Rank gear has always had a below normal refine rate but the bump in grade may cover that, who knows. However the cost of R8 recast is currently around 400 mil as far as I can tell, plus the initial 100 mil or so for 200k rep and 2 mil for the weapon, making its cost about the same as G15 and R9. R9 is still the best weapon by far, and is even better now that it has "growing room" into recast R9 (if you have the 4800 cannies, and 1200 raps to spend.)

One that makes me consider a recast r8 is it has a huge base damage, and then 4% base crit + regular add-on possibility of a crit +_GoF making your chances higher than any other weapon for a crit zerk with huge base damage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I LOVE IT!b:dirty

Just the thing for using against my neighbor's dog too!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ATM R9 axe.

(some classes have all the luck in the world with their rank sets, barbs are on top of them)

b:shutup and the quote itself on the item is just gold

why be a monarch when you can rule over everything with that wep?
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think you should go for wheel of warfog vanisher. Its relatively easy to get sacrificial strike on it (even better if you get GoF on the first few reacasts)
    I think out of 10 recasts i got 2 without sacrificial strike. And if your really lucky you will get sacrificial strike/GoF +accuracy and + vit/str
    Another benefit of the nirvana axes is you can stash them to another character. I think that is better than getting r9 on 2 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin