g13 daggers a waste

Options
endlesspsy
endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Assassin
WARNING TO NEWBS:5aps overated

G13 daggers cost like 200mcoins

Now if you stay with your rank 8 dagger and use that 200m to refine it just a bit to +7 or something. And use the extra money to refine your gears. You can pretty much tank everything in the game at 3.33+ aps sparked. + you can use the extra money you were gonna refine those g13 daggers for a rank 9 ring or whatever you want.

The damage in farming will not make a big difference because most bosses die in less than 5minutes. g13 daggers would only be worth it if you were fighting a boss that takes hours to kill and save you like 15minutes of farming. But bosses take less than or about 5minutes to kill. So rank 8 dagger is the best way to go. + Future rank 8 recast making it g15.

Warning to newbs: 5APS overated
Post edited by endlesspsy on

Comments

• Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Honestly it all depends they both have draw backs. I have g13 +12 an I used them for more than a year. I farmed my rank 9 daggers with them, and at the moment my rank 9 daggers are +8 due to no +10 orbs being cheap. The difference in daggers is such that the g13 are still superior due to refine.
    Rank 8 is ok, but 200 mill really is the tip of the iceberg for most sins expenditures if going the all out awesome build.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It depends on a million factors.

For one, what is your motive? If you just want to get into WC nirvanas, then G13 is a good choice, as it gets you a "cheap" 5 aps. Then again you could've gotten in cheaper using a BM.

For two, do you already have all the -interval gear? If you do, then you'll have at least 2.86 aps with either culti, meaning that permasparking isn't going to make a reason.

For three, is cost a factor? If it is, then Rank 8 wins because you'll pretty much be comparing a +10 R8 to +0 G13.

Generally speaking, G13 is "good enough". It's not as good as G15 Nirvana or Rank 9, but it more than gets the job done, and gets you the coveted 5 aps. Though, the same can be argued about Rank 8: it's cheap, has good damage and allows you to permaspark.

One of the problems with the whole G13 thing is that people don't know math. People don't give a damn about math. You show them a +10 Rank 8 dagger with 2 Garnet Gems and all they see is "Not 5 aps", mostly. Also, people demand that anyone hoping to join their squad will be of the standards of the squad: If it's a +10 5 aps squad, then you damn well better be +10 5 aps. For example, if I tried to explain to someone that my DPS currently is less than 10% below that of a similarly refined 5 aps fist BM, people would look at me as if I'm insane.

Personally, I'm a Sage and I'll stick with my Rank 8 until I get bored enough to start thinking of getting a G15 Lunar Nirvana for giggles.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lunar dags are pretty. And rare because no one thinks to get them.

I went G13. Now I'm R9+12.

It's just preference and all the factors Oblaze stated.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'm a Sage and I'll stick with my Rank 8 until I get bored enough to start thinking of getting a G15 Lunar Nirvana for giggles.
    That's what I did b:victory
    I love the g15 Lunar Nirvy's. They don't have interval (yet, prob try rerolling sometime later), but Sac Strike is wicked fun :D
    And.........I don't look like every other g13 Barrier Thorn cookie cutter sin :P

Lunar dags are pretty. And rare because no one thinks to get them.
    I'm not sure its of noone thinking to get them or just that there's no step on the way with -interval, so its not a 'viable option' for many people.
    I didn't bother at all with g13 and used rank8's to farm to go from 95LG straight to g15.

I wish people knew anything beyond that one interval stat. I've done bh100's with Sins who still run Hook and Thorn (with rank8 top, mind you, so coin is not the issue), just because they have the interval stat. And you just can't explain to some people that rank8 would vastly out-DD H&T cause all they see is -0.05.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure its of noone thinking to get them or just that there's no step on the way with -interval, so its not a 'viable option' for many people.
    I didn't bother at all with g13 and used rank8's to farm to go from 95LG straight to g15.

I wish people knew anything beyond that one interval stat. I've done bh100's with Sins who still run Hook and Thorn (with rank8 top, mind you, so coin is not the issue), just because they have the interval stat. And you just can't explain to some people that rank8 would vastly out-DD H&T cause all they see is -0.05.

... I've actually seen a pair or two of Hook and Thorns with +10 and 2 Incomparable Garnets in them.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ... I've actually seen a pair or two of Hook and Thorns with +10 and 2 Incomparable Garnets in them.

I've seen a +9 Grief's Breath
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've seen a +9 Grief's Breath

I've seen a +10 Wheel of Fate. I win.
    (Asked the person why. "Because I can.")
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've seen a +10 Wheel of Fate. I win.
    (Asked the person why. "Because I can.")

Those are at least more useful , i have seen +10 Unicorn 2 immaculate garnets x_X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I really want Netherworld Guidance, but since I'm in the process of moving in with my girlfriend, I can't exactly afford them xD
    To my knowledge, Zuuka's sin is the only one with them on my server. He just made them recently too.

What I want are Sac/GoF and range adds. I absolutely hate having to take those 2 more steps to auto-attack move after using a skill. Though, I've calculated that getting r9 ring and daggers would be cheaper and guarantee me those adds.
    $300-ish for for 100k rep, r9 ring and +5 2 garnet gem daggers during a General Summer's sale.
    550mil-ish for Netherworld Guidance; ~$390. Then a little over $10 for each recast.

I'm pretty anxious to see what r8 recasts will be like though. I recall reading that GoF is guaranteed on them. If so, I think I'll go with that choice...but so will every other person who doesn't already have g13/g15 or R9 xD

To touch on the hijack-topic, my Mystic has a +3 2 perfect sapphire Sakyamuni's Light. It'll probably be +5 by the time he's done with it.

Edit: Math fail. R9 ring+weapon is just under $600 during the sale.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I really want Netherworld Guidance, but since I'm in the process of moving in with my girlfriend, I can't exactly afford them xD
    To my knowledge, Zuuka's sin is the only one with them on my server. He just made them recently too.

I know that there are at least a few of them. One of the reasons people don't really have Netherworld Guidance is because the G13 version sucks and the G15 is pretty much like paying an extra 20M for a prettiness factor.
    I'm pretty anxious to see what r8 recasts will be like though. I recall reading that GoF is guaranteed on them. If so, I think I'll go with that choice...but so will every other person who doesn't already have g13/g15 or R9 xD

Assuming that this is correct, it's not true. The format pretty much says that Melee weapons will always get either GoF, Crit% +3-6, Atk Lvl +10-25 or Def Lvl +10-25.

And it's a bit bad to talk about the recasts when we don't even know what they'll cost.
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    R8 recasts will be moderately expensive.

R9 recasts... Will cost a fortune imo lmao. And mostly the only people that can cash it will have any chance of getting it, exceptions being heavy farmers and uber merchants.

Still, I cant wait. I'll recast my R8 til I get GoF. Then I'll work on refines and save up for R9. So Im penny pinching and saving up right now xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    R8 recasts will be moderately expensive.

R9 recasts... Will cost a fortune imo lmao. And mostly the only people that can cash it will have any chance of getting it, exceptions being heavy farmers and uber merchants.

Still, I cant wait. I'll recast my R8 til I get GoF. Then I'll work on refines and save up for R9. So Im penny pinching and saving up right now xD

Everyone still thinks it's going to be a hop skip and a jump with a blindfold on to reforge their r8. Can't wait till that reality check smacks you guys in the face.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Everyone still thinks it's going to be a hop skip and a jump with a blindfold on to reforge their r8. Can't wait till that reality check smacks you guys in the face.
    This is pretty much what I'm thinking.
    Seems to be a general feeling that we'll be able to roll off GoF, multiple -interval weapons for relatively cheap. Given the costs of everything else in the faction base.......and the lower chances for things like -interval even coming up (compared to g15 Nirvana), I think it may end up being a kick in the nuts to some who have incredibly high hopes.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This is pretty much what I'm thinking.
    Seems to be a general feeling that we'll be able to roll off GoF, multiple -interval weapons for relatively cheap. Given the costs of everything else in the faction base.......and the lower chances for things like -interval even coming up (compared to g15 Nirvana), I think it may end up being a kick in the nuts to some who have incredibly high hopes.

@ both of you: I honestly dont think it'll cost any more than 40-50 mil to roll GoF on R8 dagger. Im thinking a mil or two a roll with maybe 2-5% chance of GoF. My guess anyways it'll be around there. I could be wrong... But then again, so could you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    endlesspsy wrote: »
    WARNING TO NEWBS:5aps overated

G13 daggers cost like 200mcoins

Now if you stay with your rank 8 dagger and use that 200m to refine it just a bit to +7 or something. And use the extra money to refine your gears. You can pretty much tank everything in the game at 3.33+ aps sparked. + you can use the extra money you were gonna refine those g13 daggers for a rank 9 ring or whatever you want.

The damage in farming will not make a big difference because most bosses die in less than 5minutes. g13 daggers would only be worth it if you were fighting a boss that takes hours to kill and save you like 15minutes of farming. But bosses take less than or about 5minutes to kill. So rank 8 dagger is the best way to go. + Future rank 8 recast making it g15.

Warning to newbs: 5APS overated

First of all, yes 5 aps is overrated, but that doesn't make G13 daggers a waste of coins. Olbaze already gave a couple of rational reasons. To add to his first one, just for contradictions sake : The more (5) aps is overrated, the more G13 vana will be worth getting for all the invites you will get for just having them.

In the end, it's a personal choice involving rational (like, what is my endgoal build?, what budget?, etc) and irrational (G13 looks could be enough reason for some to pay 200mil) judgements. Just to be clear, even G13 daggers will end up in your safe collecting dust, it won't mean they are a waste. All depends on how long you used them and how much profit you got out of them. Besides having -int, it's also a G13 weapon with G15 refine rate. None of the G13+ daggers is "weak".

And btw, who are you to decide on others coins? Even if I were to pump 200mil into useless mounts and fashion, that's my choice no?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @ both of you: I honestly dont think it'll cost any more than 40-50 mil to roll GoF on R8 dagger. Im thinking a mil or two a roll with maybe 2-5% chance of GoF. My guess anyways it'll be around there. I could be wrong... But then again, so could you. :)

I'm not guessing I have all the info of what's needed. So far I can tell you it will take you much much longer to get r8 recast then G15 nirvana.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    First of all, yes 5 aps is overrated, but that doesn't make G13 daggers a waste of coins. Olbaze already gave a couple of rational reasons. To add to his first one, just for contradictions sake : The more (5) aps is overrated, the more G13 vana will be worth getting for all the invites you will get for just having them.

In the end, it's a personal choice involving rational (like, what is my endgoal build?, what budget?, etc) and irrational (G13 looks could be enough reason for some to pay 200mil) judgements. Just to be clear, even G13 daggers will end up in your safe collecting dust, it won't mean they are a waste. All depends on how long you used them and how much profit you got out of them. Besides having -int, it's also a G13 weapon with G15 refine rate. None of the G13+ daggers is "weak".
    Its overrated and sadly some people end up disappointed, because they have been told 5aps is the end all, be all of everything. Regardless of weapon, shard, refine. If that were actually true, you'd probably see alot more Clawchers and Clawsins for the cheapest way to 5aps.

Its the players own fault if they don't look into it themselves, ofc. I've did a run with my rank8's and another sin with new Barriers. Both were at +5, i had 2 perfect, him 1.
    3.33 APS vs 5APS. He went away disgusted at the end of the run (not kidding), because I tanked most of it. He was convinced that his new found 5aps was the end all for DD (regardless of anything else) and no way should I have held from him. There's no distinction between APS and DPS for a lot of people.

You are right, its a personal choice for playstyle, if you want to go g15/16, if thats the endgame choice for you, and so forth. I think many of the "g13 Barriers are garbage" come from people like the guy I ran with who end up disappointed because they didn't do the actual math or look into it at all, hypnotized by the shiny -0.1 on them.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its overrated and sadly some people end up disappointed, because they have been told 5aps is the end all, be all of everything. Regardless of weapon, shard, refine. If that were actually true, you'd probably see alot more Clawchers and Clawsins for the cheapest way to 5aps.

Its the players own fault if they don't look into it themselves, ofc. I've did a run with my rank8's and another sin with new Barriers. Both were at +5, i had 2 perfect, him 1.
    3.33 APS vs 5APS. He went away disgusted at the end of the run (not kidding), because I tanked most of it. He was convinced that his new found 5aps was the end all for DD (regardless of anything else) and no way should I have held from him. There's no distinction between APS and DPS for a lot of people.

You are right, its a personal choice for playstyle, if you want to go g15/16, if thats the endgame choice for you, and so forth. I think many of the "g13 Barriers are garbage" come from people like the guy I ran with who end up disappointed because they didn't do the actual math or look into it at all, hypnotized by the shiny -0.1 on them.

I agree with you on this. Most mix up APS and DPS. That is also how you get some of those fists sins, which I find a horrible idea (If dex build they nerf their damage for aps, and if they are str build they can't use daggers so become pretty much useless in lunar/metal/tm/exp room, basicly anything besides soloing and nirvana). This is probably also because most players only focus on nirvana, and then focus their opinion on just dps which they can't even calculate properly. Another thing to add, is that refines matter a lot. Imo way more then just aps.

But what can be done about it? 5 aps became a goal for most players, and all new ones get brainwashed on that. 95% of the players on forums and ingame act like any build has to be totally dedicated to nirvana. WC won't even look at you if you're not 5 aps. No wonder ppl get hypnotized over a -0.1 int add b:laugh
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Your point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited October 2011
    Options

it doesnt state whether those materials have to be bought or farmed, nor does it state whether or not there is a limit to how many you can attain in 1 day. You're assuming an awful lot there dontcha think?

And you overuse that *** *** wave smiley worse than 4chan overusues memes you fa.g
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it doesnt state whether those materials have to be bought or farmed, nor does it state whether or not there is a limit to how many you can attain in 1 day. You're assuming an awful lot there dontcha think?

And you overuse that *** *** wave smiley worse than 4chan overusues memes you fa.g

And then there's the whole thing that most things in the faction base are ridiculously expensive.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    And then there's the whole thing that most things in the faction base are ridiculously expensive.

And nowhere does it state that these will be.

All I hear is "I assume based on this google translated copy and paste piece of paper that they will be hard to get, it doesnt say they will be, but I assume they will because I am traz and I am always right so ha".

Anyways... Cant wait to see how hard they really will be.

First I have to find a enw faction sadly enough, I like mine, but no faction base. :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think its better to have a logical guess based on previous things in PWI, than just guessing. A mil or two per reroll just simply can't be. Its 2mil already for a reroll just in coin. Then ofc all the mats you need.
    g15 Nirvana requires 7 raptures per reroll. And look at their drop rate and settled market value. Why would it be safe to assume that g15 rank8 would cost significantly less when its supposedly "better" than Nirvana?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think its better to have a logical guess based on previous things in PWI, than just guessing. A mil or two per reroll just simply can't be. Its 2mil already for a reroll just in coin. Then ofc all the mats you need.
    g15 Nirvana requires 7 raptures per reroll. And look at their drop rate and settled market value. Why would it be safe to assume that g15 rank8 would cost significantly less when its supposedly "better" than Nirvana?

There's no need to try and reason with him it doesn't work. b:chuckle
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• kryme30
    kryme30 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've got netherland guidance and i'm on sanctuary too. I really like a lot those daggers but still need reforge for ss/int. Just have ss on atm + random adds. I'm sure they can out dd r9 dags if i could get this interval. And ss don't hurt, when u spark + zerk it heal u good so isn't a bad add like some ppl thing of it
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kryme30 wrote: »
    I've got netherland guidance and i'm on sanctuary too. I really like a lot those daggers but still need reforge for ss/int. Just have ss on atm + random adds. I'm sure they can out dd r9 dags if i could get this interval. And ss don't hurt, when u spark + zerk it heal u good so isn't a bad add like some ppl thing of it

You ..... wont out DD ..... any r9 ... unless they are like +5 and you're +10 ...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Didn't we just have this same arguement in the thread a couple below this one?

Seriously-sorry you can't get a nirvana squad but please stop the vendetta
  • kryme30
    kryme30 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Of course u can traz lol i out dd 4base bm +10 deicides and i just have +7 2.86 base ss... 5aps got 20%more damage than 4aps. U also earn more chi and u have more luck to zerk crit since u hit more too. Ppl don't take this factor...
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wierd that the ones who have tried to kill steal me have all failed