Question for a mod or frankie

ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver
ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I've seen a couple threads that have been closed lately concerning giving the community GM info and my question is how is that a breach of their privacy... I'm pretty sure we can all agree that everyone would be happy if we just knew other gm's exist out there... in a diff mmo i played there was a shout box on the forum where you could contact a gm or at least a mod to resolve a problem and so that way we at least could say someone was hacking or w/e. we aren't asking for personal info like real name, address or anything like that.... just when (if ever) can we actually contact a gm to get something ANYTHING fixed or accomplished.... yes i know this will probably be locked just like the others have been but at least i got my input out there into the world... ty for ur time
Post edited by ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Catal - Lost City
    Catal - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    sounds like a decent idea but pwi actually doing is very unlikely they only want money thus all the sales so unless people stop buying from them then things wont really get fixed and if people stop buying then game dies so kinda SOL
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Agreed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The thread that was closed was asking for the hours each specific GM worked, what they consider their top priotieries and waht they do day to day, and other crazy personal stuff. I don't any job would post the hours of it's individual employees work schedules, except maybe that you can file a complaint with a manager between the hours of 9am-5pm. They have a GM button, don't know it doesn't work and why they don't use it. :P
    kondors wrote: »

Name (char name is ok)
    Server you work on
    Hours you are available
    Contact method for customers
    Extent of responsibilities
    Current priorities

That's way too much info, just having a GM hotline so that they are also free to do their private work (we don't need to know their work schedule and in no circumstances should something like that be given out by most employers) would be helpful. Anyway, asking why a thread is closed is just gonna get this thread closed too. You have to PM the mods/frankie to ask that question. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    payroll costs money. since everyone keeps playing REGARDLESS OF WHAT CHINA DOES OR DOES NOT DO ...LOL WTF would you think they would throw money away on needless staff.

what % of players post here. oh ya the w/e 0.01% that has a goose up their caboose.
    guess what, this squaky wheel demographic isnt their golden goose either. you are non-factors and probably just make those owners laugh at the indignant righteousness as they r getting screwed more and more..i think it's hilarious too and im not even collecting cash
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm just gonna shamelessly copy and past what I posted on the other thread b:avoid

c'mon this is just a game not project manhattan.

There is an oficial thread presenting the mods somewhere, why the gms can't do something similar?

Just putting in the info they want/can put.

just my opinion.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The thread that was closed was asking for the hours each specific GM worked, what they consider their top priotieries and waht they do day to day, and other crazy personal stuff. I don't any job would post the hours of it's individual employees work schedules, except maybe that you can file a complaint with a manager between the hours of 9am-5pm. They have a GM button, don't know it doesn't work and why they don't use it. :P

That's way too much info, just having a GM hotline so that they are also free to do their private work (we don't need to know their work schedule and in no circumstances should something like that be given out by most employers) would be helpful. Anyway, asking why a thread is closed is just gonna get this thread closed too. You have to PM the mods/frankie to ask that question. :P

LOOK.. let me spell it out in simple language.. firstly it is not crazy, secondly it is not personal information.. you keep misreading, not reading or misinterpreting and you just donet seem to understand... so once more:

If GM1 is responsible for dreamweaver server i would like to know that if i am on dreamweaver then it is GM1 to whom I shall be speaking.
    I would also like to know a brief explanation of ther duties... I mean if I ask him/her to come fix my toilet.. would be nice to know if that comes under their responsibility or not.
    Further than that If Gm1 tells me.. ohhh you are stuck in scenery? sorry nothing I can do, not my job... I would like to know if it IS your job and you are just being lazy, ignorant or plain moody.
    Knowing the hours they are available is kind of a given if you think about it.
    If it is now midnight but they are onlt there 1030 til 1630 then I shuold not be surprised to not be able to get a response.
    Conversely if it is 1400 and I get no response, I want to know why... not unreasonable.

Ir would really help it you read properly before stating that it is crazy personal information.
    For some reason no matter how many ways I say it you dont seem to get it.

Given that I have told you on four or more occasions now that it isnt personal information I am requesting... take it as read... and please for goodness sake stop saying that it is.
    edited October 2011
    kondors wrote: »
    LOOK.. let me spell it out in simple language.. firstly it is not crazy, secondly it is not personal information.. you keep misreading, not reading or misinterpreting and you just donet seem to understand... so once more:

If GM1 is responsible for dreamweaver server i would like to know that if i am on dreamweaver then it is GM1 to whom I shall be speaking.
    I would also like to know a brief explanation of ther duties... I mean if I ask him/her to come fix my toilet.. would be nice to know if that comes under their responsibility or not.
    Further than that If Gm1 tells me.. ohhh you are stuck in scenery? sorry nothing I can do, not my job... I would like to know if it IS your job and you are just being lazy, ignorant or plain moody.
    Knowing the hours they are available is kind of a given if you think about it.
    If it is now midnight but they are onlt there 1030 til 1630 then I shuold not be surprised to not be able to get a response.
    Conversely if it is 1400 and I get no response, I want to know why... not unreasonable.

Ir would really help it you read properly before stating that it is crazy personal information.
    For some reason no matter how many ways I say it you dont seem to get it.

Given that I have told you on four or more occasions now that it isnt personal information I am requesting... take it as read... and please for goodness sake stop saying that it is.

GMS have stated what their responsibilities are, and how to contact them. You don't need to know a specific person's work schedule, just the general hours you can get a hold of a GM (ANY GM) and how. I don't care if you personally view it as personal, the fact of the matter is that it is personal. That's why Frankie closed your thread and told you as much. Most employers won't divulge this kind of information, although some jobs necessarily do such as repair/delivery/medical work. You don't need to know WHEN AND WHERE A SPECIFIC PERSON WILL BE WORKING. Just the hours you can receive help and what steps you should go through to get that help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ive tried the old GM call button a couple of times for almost an hour at a time.

Nobody answers it.

This game is either a wild free for all with no GMs OR the GMs are just too damn lazy to give a damn about answering the call, therefore you go back to the wild free for all part.
    edited October 2011
    Ive tried the old GM call button a couple of times for almost an hour at a time.

Nobody answers it.

This game is either a wild free for all with no GMs OR the GMs are just too damn lazy to give a damn about answering the call, therefore you go back to the wild free for all part.

I don't think that actually works, they really need to fix that. :P And actually be on live chat when they say they'll be on live chat, to make sure to always have at least one person manning the phones just seems like something so basic when it comes to customer support. But Frankie said sometimes the entire team is pulled away from live support, since we aren't in California it makes it difficult feature to use. I really wish they would improve it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't think that actually works, they really need to fix that. :P And actually be on live chat when they say they'll be on live chat, to make sure to always have at least one person manning the phones just seems like something so basic when it comes to customer support. But Frankie said sometimes the entire team is pulled away from live support, since we aren't in California it makes it difficult feature to use. I really wish they would improve it.

I actually asked over WC for a GM while I was also using the GM button. That didnt work either.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I honestly wouldn't be a bit surprised if the "entire team" consisted of only one or two people.

And really, with the way the playerbase is, I bet it doesn't take much prodding to pull the GMs away from live support. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    I honestly wouldn't be a bit surprised if the "entire team" consisted of only one or two people.

And really, with the way the playerbase is, I bet it doesn't take much prodding to pull the GMs away from live support. b:chuckle

LOL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    in the early days of the game, GMs were not uncommon. there were usually one or two on during the more active hours of the day, and one at night...i remember Kantorak so well, because he would greet players at midnight with "Good morning, PWI, and how are you all today?' they were easy to reach-either by just calling out in common chat or WC (one GM told me to keep a few trumpets as an emergency way to reach a GM), or by using the "GM button that was in the toolbar...which has now been replaced by the HyperCube button. so, it was an exchange for helping players for money, and the hell with us. our problem is that when PWE decided to start a bunch of other games, quality went down the tubes here, and the good GMs, that we had all come to trust left, to run the forums of the other games, leaving no one to be on ingame any longer, and that was when behaviour of players started getting out of hand, cheating, etc.

when i was on LostCity, and getting gangked outside of SP by some creeps, i had been previously told by ticket to stay where i was killed, and "contact the GMs by the button and at the same time send a ticket with screen shots." i did....and never got an answer from anyone. in desperation, i took the matter to the forum, and got told by darthpanda that ' the forum wasnt the place to ask for help.' yeah, it isnt, i agree. but when you do what GMs tell you to do to get their help, and they do not respond as promised, and no where near the time frame they had said they would, what is left to do?

bottom line....dont expect help from those paid to work the game. get into a **good** guild, with older, experienced players, and ask for help from them.

I've seen a couple threads that have been closed lately concerning giving the community GM info and my question is how is that a breach of their privacy... I'm pretty sure we can all agree that everyone would be happy if we just knew other gm's exist out there... in a diff mmo i played there was a shout box on the forum where you could contact a gm or at least a mod to resolve a problem and so that way we at least could say someone was hacking or w/e. we aren't asking for personal info like real name, address or anything like that.... just when (if ever) can we actually contact a gm to get something ANYTHING fixed or accomplished.... yes i know this will probably be locked just like the others have been but at least i got my input out there into the world... ty for ur time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    in the early days of the game, GMs were not uncommon. there were usually one or two on during the more active hours of the day, and one at night...i remember Kantorak so well, because he would greet players at midnight with "Good morning, PWI, and how are you all today?' they were easy to reach-either by just calling out in common chat or WC (one GM told me to keep a few trumpets as an emergency way to reach a GM), or by using the "GM button that was in the toolbar...which has now been replaced by the HyperCube button. so, it was an exchange for helping players for money, and the hell with us. our problem is that when PWE decided to start a bunch of other games, quality went down the tubes here, and the good GMs, that we had all come to trust left, to run the forums of the other games, leaving no one to be on ingame any longer, and that was when behaviour of players started getting out of hand, cheating, etc.

when i was on LostCity, and getting gangked outside of SP by some creeps, i had been previously told by ticket to stay where i was killed, and "contact the GMs by the button and at the same time send a ticket with screen shots." i did....and never got an answer from anyone. in desperation, i took the matter to the forum, and got told by darthpanda that ' the forum wasnt the place to ask for help.' yeah, it isnt, i agree. but when you do what GMs tell you to do to get their help, and they do not respond as promised, and no where near the time frame they had said they would, what is left to do?

bottom line....dont expect help from those paid to work the game. get into a **good** guild, with older, experienced players, and ask for help from them.

lol I remember that. It was funnier when the GMs would mess around with the system announcements and send silly messages. It was kind of nice to see the "good morning!" every day. I say every day cause I was hardcore player at the time on pwi b:chuckle. I barely touch the game now, and log onto the forums now and then to glance around to see about updates and what's going on. I play sometimes, but it's just not the same anymore.