Potential Bug/problem in cube?

Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Has anyone else have this happen to them?

http://i54.tinypic.com/ot3mnd.jpg

I got to to room 8, dug my golden chest. Went to room 14. Barb started hitting me, i used the do all card option. I got the dice. I teleported out and i still had 1k hp at the time of teleportation. As soon i enter the next room i die. Killed by the player in the previous room. I don't have an issue with that, it is a pk room. The issue i have, there is no puzzle cube in my inventory now and i am at the startb:cry. I can not trade it for a dice because it is not there. I even checked and clicked on the dice at the forges, no luck. NPC is greyed out.

I presume this can happen in any room that you die. Bored rooms there is 3 second delay after the timer is 0 and before you get the dice. 100 sec rooms you also get hit after leaving the room. Ants also kill you in the next room, but when ever something like that happened, i had a puzzle cube to trade.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have submitted a ticket, just wanted to know if others encountered something like this. I know it won't get fixed, nothing will happen, this is game mechanics, permissions, priorities, what command is executed first, hierarchy issues. An active developer/coder can fix it, but those are myths here b:chuckle.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I encountered a simillar problem with the get past room 20 within a certain amount of time (or something like that was a long time ago)... I had 5 secconds left when I cliked the die (wich would take me to above room 20) and I ended up back at room 1 with no die or cube thingy to make a new die with... Was all like "**** this cube, I'm going home" back then... Never cubed again... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hmm when you click the die you activate this quest:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/10363

It has two sub quests... one that teleports you to the next room, and another that checks that you are in that room and gives you a puzzle cube. You were killed in that fun window between those two sub quests and are out of luck.

The reason why you were killed in that other room is that animation delay that lets you receive damage from attacks that are in progress but the damage doesn't show up in your damage log until the animation 'connects'. This is the same illogical reason why you used to be triple killed in delta.

Really it's the product of lazy developers. Just because you can do anything with a quest doesn't mean you should. So many times in the game you see quests where a simple vendor or crafting service would be much more logical. Like the mysterious old man selling nirv keys for 3mil or the mysterious merchant batch opening chip packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I encountered a simillar problem with the get past room 20 within a certain amount of time (or something like that was a long time ago)... I had 5 secconds left when I cliked the die (wich would take me to above room 20) and I ended up back at room 1 with no die or cube thingy to make a new die with... Was all like "**** this cube, I'm going home" back then... Never cubed again... b:surrender

You would've died regardless how fast you clicked. You need to run up to the npc first and take the quest to disable the bomb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You would've died regardless how fast you clicked. You need to run up to the npc first and take the quest to disable the bomb.

It was my destiny to die... b:surrender Still doesn't explain why I couldn't start over... Howel I don't do cube runs annymore so it's not like I should care much... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It was my destiny to die... b:surrender Still doesn't explain why I couldn't start over... Howel I don't do cube runs annymore so it's not like I should care much... b:cute

Same thing happened to me XD.
    I was about to click on npc, then sin XD just xD stun killed me. I gave cause i already failed 4 times at do all rooms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I also notice 1 bug also. In past when you got bomb and you were killed before reaching required room. You could defuse bomb at room 1. This option is gone now. So if you get bomb now, and you are killed and transported to room 1, you cannot defuse bomb and if you start again the bomb can explode far before you get to required room to defuse it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    I also notice 1 bug also. In past when you got bomb and you were killed before reaching required room. You could defuse bomb at room 1. This option is gone now. So if you get bomb now, and you are killed and transported to room 1, you cannot defuse bomb and if you start again the bomb can explode far before you get to required room to defuse it.

You've never been able to defuse an active bomb in room 1. You can only get a cube back from an exploded bomb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Vital_Slash - Sanctuary
    Vital_Slash - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    OMG aasaf :DD...you do cube?...and you write on forums??? WHAT ELSE HAVENT U TOLD US >:OO
    Its ok... IM AN ARTIST!
    edited October 2011
    You've never been able to defuse an active bomb in room 1. You can only get a cube back from an exploded bomb.

I'm sure about that. Consider this. You get bomb at room 44. Now you are killed in room 47. In past you could defuse bomb in room 1 and start again. I'm pretty sure about his. Today if you are killed in room 47 and you start cube again you have no chance to get to room 50 to defuse bomb. You must just wait till bomb explode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure about that. Consider this. You get bomb at room 44. Now you are killed in room 47. In past you could defuse bomb in room 1 and start again. I'm pretty sure about his.

I'd love to agree with you but then we would both be wrong. You must be thinking of those times where you get sent to room 1 after the bomb has already exploded and have to talk to the NPC to retrieve the puzzle cube.

You have never been able to defuse an active bomb in room one. This is an unqualified statement of fact coming from someone who has done the cube hundreds of times. Failing the cube before a bomb explodes always means waiting for it to explode before restarting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    I'd love to agree with you but then we would both be wrong. You must be thinking of those times where you get sent to room 1 after the bomb has already exploded and have to talk to the NPC to retrieve the puzzle cube.

You have never been able to defuse an active bomb in room one. This is an unqualified statement of fact coming from someone who has done the cube hundreds of times. Failing the cube before a bomb explodes always means waiting for it to explode before restarting.
    Ok. I accept you explanation. Maybe I don't remember it correctly.b:surrenderb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Have I just been lucky, or does Cube tend to glitch more in your favour than it does against?

I've only had it glitch once where I lost the ability to start over, but I've had it glitch 3 times where I activated the die for the next room, died, was sent back to room 1, then immediately sent back to the room I would have gone to next.

In one case somebody PKd me just after I activated the die, and twice it was bugs killing me in Room 38 just after I activated the die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited October 2011
    Have I just been lucky, or does Cube tend to glitch more in your favour than it does against?

I've only had it glitch once where I lost the ability to start over, but I've had it glitch 3 times where I activated the die for the next room, died, was sent back to room 1, then immediately sent back to the room I would have gone to next.

In one case somebody PKd me just after I activated the die, and twice it was bugs killing me in Room 38 just after I activated the die.

Well the quest-lag window that teleports you after death is larger than the animation-delayed-damage window that kills you after teleport. You can probably judge the relative sizes of the two windows by your ratio of good glitches to bad ones ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zaxies - Heavens Tear
    Zaxies - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    @ thread starter
    I had the exact same issue, both with one of the pk rooms where I paid do-alls to get out and with the ant room, lost my cube both times. I also submitted a ticket, all I can say is don't bother. they gave me a guide and continued telling me how to do cube, after I told him again what happened he said he could send a GM to my location to resolve the issue (the reply was sent almost a week after i submitted the ticket). Told him the GM wouldn't do anything good, he basically just replied "thanks for your updates".

And this is why I don't play this game anymoreb:chuckleb:surrender
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thank you Asterelle for your explanations. I am learning the mechanics everyday :). Looks like I am not the only lucky or unlucky soul.

I do the cube to lvl genie in the start and get page of fate. Genie lvls 1~4 times every time at the end. Still haven't had a good start on one.

The rest who shared their experiences, thank you, hopefully it is in the back of the mind of some gm/dev/person which might influence their decision in 1~200 years from now.

@Zaxies Sorry to hear that. Sometimes friends have been lucky, gotten killed by ants but still gotten the dice to move on as WarrenWolfy said (maybe he takes our luck b:chuckle).

The bomb you get in the beginning room can be defused by different npc's in the cube. The last one can not be.

There are multiple simple solutions to how the cube problems can be fixed, but that would require recoding and i doubt that will happen.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yes thanks for bringing this up. It is without a doubt a glitch, and has happened to me too.

Also, a glitch in cube: Sometimes when you die and go to room 1, for some reason the "you have died" popup is still on the screen, even though I am not dead at all. It is there even when I exit the cube, and always has the option to "release corpse," etc.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Asterelle is right on this. I used to farm cube alot for the cards to sell in the lobby from room 46. It was 90k each back then in 2009. When ever I had the bomb on me in room one, I had to wait until it exploded to restart the run again, during that time -I would just set up shop to sell the cards, it was a waste of time to wait for it to go off. So I'm positive you can't diffuse it in room one as it was one of those most annoying thing for a cube farmer.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Guessing it's a lag issue.

Takes a while for the server to register that you've left.

In that time you're still visible to the barb who can hit you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Fritz_JD - Sanctuary
    Fritz_JD - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I can go beyond room 38 even after the bug one shot me if I managed to click the dice quickly.. My~I love cubing XD
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i faced this problem and especially when ur lag is really high, this could very well happen...and it sucks
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I can go beyond room 38 even after the bug one shot me if I managed to click the dice quickly.. My~I love cubing XD
    I love this lol....have pulled it off a couple times xD