Latest patch glitches

Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Support Desk
I'm wondering just how many others out there are having similar problems. I have talked to a few people in game that have seen the same things.

Since the latest patch (first week of October or there abouts) I have been getting game seizing up or just plain shutting down entirely glitches.

I'm using Win7 32bit OS.
I feel it's a Win7 conflict since my old XP machine doesn't have this problem. It just doesnt have as good graphics and lags constantly.

When the game seizes up, I have no recourse but to force shutdown my computer and then reload the system entirely. Then the game starts back up like nothing is wrong. Sometimes I get "account already logged in" message when logging back in tho and have to force log to get in. This usually takes several minutes and if I was DC'd in the midst of BH run or similar, I just got left out in the cold for any reward because the rest of the squad won't wait that long for you to get back. Or the boss is already dead by then and I've wasted a trip to the instance for that run.

I know this isn't a money generating issue or it would have been corrected very fast. These are the things that irritate players most but are ignored in favor of cramming more junk **** into the cash shop to boost sales.

It's sad that such a fine game concept has degraded so badly. PWI was great once, but greed is killing it.
Post edited by Alliecienti - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    I'm posting constantly that under Windows 7 and Vista, you need to set the three .exe files to run with administrator rights under the program compatibility settings.

These files are....
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\patcher.exe
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\Launcher\Launcher.exe
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe

Right-click on these, select Properties, click the "Compatibility tab, and check the box at the bottom where it says "Run this program as administrator".

Do not set them to run under any other version of windows, or set any other compatibility settings. (Unless you have an older system, then the "Disable visual themes" option might improve your FPS a bit.)

In 90% of the cases, this resolves the issue you are describing. In the other 10% it is another program/scanner/malware that is causing the issue. If you still have it, remove any extra "toolbars" that you have installed. MSN, Yahoo, and Skype toolbars in particular are known to cause problems.

Edit: Also, what's really killing the game is the lack of fixes for old issues and the lack of an update to the client's engine. We aren't likely to see any of this either as the original creators and developers of the game were fired a while after PWE bought it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gollum1986
    gollum1986 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Still got this update problem, i cant get pass the game client version 515 and gets stuck on Console_mdf(?).txt and just doesnt go on with the update... any ideas? using the 3 files as admin doesnt help me at all..
    greets! and ty for info!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    disable any anti-virus/malware temporarily while you try to patch.

Run a scandisk on your hard drive to check it for errors, defrag, and then download the manual patch. (even if you had downloaded it already, there might be a corrupt sector)

If that doesn't fix it, uninstall, delete the folder, and re-download the client, and manual patches 484-512, 512-515, and 515-574. then re-install and apply the patches manually. (run the installer with admin rights as well.

Don't forget to un-install the Pando Media Booster when you're done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
    Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Sylen. I made the changes after finally getting back in here to read your reply. Will see if that does the trick.
    I have Norton Utilities and Antivirus installed. I know the utilities will occasionally interrupt my game but this hasn't been a constant or often occurance and I made changes to the schedule of regular scans. I don't have any extra toolbars running.
    It just seemed odd that all these problems only started after that patch d/l. The game had been running great up until then.