the PWI record book

Options
Barunaa - Heavens Tear
Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
so im just going to shamelessly copy this idea from another game forum i use to frequent (altho most MMOs have them). the idea is simple and all in the title. i will list some categories of records that can be broken in PWI all you have to do is post legit screenshots to set a record for your class/category. if someone comes along and breaks your record then your name will be replaced with the new record holders name. this is basically an excuse for the bored high lvls on the forums to raise their egos some and give competition amongst high lvl that frequent the forums often. it can be pretty fun and no real harm in it, and it gives a perfect excuse for the rank 9 guys to show off their stats/damage/etc.

here is an example of how it will work.

Class related:

wizard
most atk lvl: 9001. {Goku} previous record: 8999 {Vageta}

there also should be rules so i will also shamelessly plug those in aswell.

RULES:

you MUST post a screenshot of the record you are trying to break. the screen shot must be in a well populated area preferably around well-known players to rule out the possibility of a Pserver.

Photoshop and Pserver screenshots are strictly forbidden. anyone caught trying to post a fake screenshot will be banned from ever being in the record book.

a short summary of the record you are trying to break and the category you are trying to break it in along with the character's name. for example: "my name is goku and my record is 9001 atk levels. here is my screen shot (insert screenshot here). i am applying this record to the global record book for all classes and the wizard recordbook".

your character window and stats must remain open and unblocked/unedited. you can edit out the chat if u want, but your stats must remain untouched especially for the record you are trying to break.

no buffs of any kind (including self buffs and cleric buffs) are allowed when placing a record. this should make the actual records people are trying to acheive more meaningful and not have to worry about the imbalances of other classes (powerdash and the voodoos/chill of deep for example)

All class/"global" record: note: this is the "global" record book which means that this category will consist of the higest records broken in PWI among all classes and servers

The most Str: []
The most Vit: []
The most Mag: []
The most Dex: []
Highest Reputation: []
Highest Spirit: []
Highest Genie Lucky Points: []
Highest PK Kills: []
Most Combined Statpoints:
Highest PvM damage: []
Highest PvP damage: []
The most HP: []
The most MP: []
The most Critical Hit: []
The most Magic Atk: []
The most Physical Def: []
The most Elemental Res: []
The most Evasion: []
The most Accuracy: []
The most Speed: []
The most atk level: []
The most def level []

Class related:

Mystic

Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Seeker
Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Assassin
Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Psychic

Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Blademaster

Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Wizzard

Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Barbarian

Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Venomancer
Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Archer
Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

Cleric

Highest PvM damage:
Highest PvP damage:
The most HP:
The most MP:
The most Critical Hit:
The most Magic Atk:
The most Physical Def:
The most Elemental Res:
The most Evasion:
The most Accuracy:
The most Speed:
The most atk level
The most def level

thats all the categories for now. i want to see how far this gets before i do anything else with it. ill update it regularly if it starts to catch on. any suggestions of records/categories or criticism is welcomed.
Post edited by Barunaa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    'Cept here it would be called 'The most successfull CashShopper Book'.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    **** i forgot to reserve the first post but oh well. and most F2P MMOs is all about the cash shop so its w/e
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Most of those records are cashshopper owned.

You want real records, like highest score on TM : LG and similar. Not that theres many of this sort of record worth a **** either.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Does this include buffs? People could use super buffs like Buddha's Guard and Dew of Star Protection to get very high numbers that aren't very meaningful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    most ppl do farm 100% of there gear tho, so it wouldnt be fair to label all of them cash shoppers. and even if they were that shouldnt matter since this is a f2p MMO and in all f2P MMOs cash shoppers reign supreme.
    Does this include buffs? People could use super buffs like Buddha's Guard and Dew of Star Protection to get very high numbers that aren't very meaningful.

ya it includes buffs, but some buffs can be banned from being used to acheive a record i guess. suggestions on that?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You must be new here. You're a couple years too late as nobody cares anymore.

And the real good stats would be how many times you've completed GV, specific HH instances and how many times you've completed old lunar or killed specific world bosses.

That's all information that PWI should have tracked and made available though.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    most ppl do farm 100% of there gear tho, so it wouldnt be fair to label all of them cash shoppers. and even if they were that shouldnt matter since this is a f2p MMO and in all f2P MMOs cash shoppers reign supreme.

farm gear? You know this is the PWI forums right? b:chuckle

ya it includes buffs, but some buffs can be banned from being used to acheive a record i guess. suggestions on that?

Aww. There goes my HA PDef Orn Demon Stone Barrier Wiz with Buddahs Guard and Dew of Star b:cry
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Powerdash.
    I don't see how you could do this and exclude some buffs and not others. Some might be easier tho, not everyone has access to a 100BM who has Guard for example.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'd like to run for sexiest panda.
  • Talihina - Raging Tide
    Talihina - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Why not pet levels too? My herc and nix are both 102b:chuckle highest on my server at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    no rules!

i think i have a screen of me having 110k water defens on lvl100 somewhere

lazy
    i like potato
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You must be new here. You're a couple years too late as nobody cares anymore.

And the real good stats would be how many times you've completed GV, specific HH instances and how many times you've completed old lunar or killed specific world bosses.

That's all information that PWI should have tracked and made available though.

Except that 5.0 needs to be exempt from participating in said stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    who cares who buy cash?
    money has NOTHING to do with how good of a player you are.
    It's okay for someone to fcc at level 30-80 in a week but everyone bishes when people buy money. <-you fail
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    plus its impossible to know whos actually good anymore. levels dont mean anything either obviously.
    i mean. just because someones level 102 doesnt mean they own. for all we know they couldve FCCd to 102 and have no idea whats going on,
    fcc at level 80 and up. any lower and youre just a lazy noob

oh and the record book,
    good job for bringing it to the forum. itll be nice to see some big guys up there,
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    hmm well instead of banning some buffs and allowing others ima just make it to where no buffs what soever is allowed. that would make things simpler and the record should be more meaningful/interesting to acheive. especially when some classes can get 60 atk lvls easily with there self buffs for example.

ill do that just for now tho and see how it goes assuming anyone even contributes to the records. if you limit enough then the records could be made more meaningful to where no one will QQ about CSers or the OPness of certain classes or other BS ppl like to QQ about.

i wont sit here and forbid CSers tho just because some kid whos parents wont allow him to spend money for entertainment is jealous. if u are able to get rank 9 +12 by CSing or farming then good for u. it would be biased and unfair to limit these ppl that achieved that no matter how they achieved it.

basides, the ppl that get +12 rank 9 weapons and that are stupid enought to shard them with element shards or something probally wont make it into the records anyway.