Is it worth playing seeker if you dont cash buy or cant delta?

Options
Yuniryu - Raging Tide
Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Seeker
I have been on seeker since the beginning of expansion and enjoying it. But since 100 its been a bit of a struggle. However that was summer so i had time to do delta and there was more time for bh 100 and more people doing it of course.

But now days its all fc and delta (when i dont have time). I just spending my time merching on weekends, my question is this. If you cant cash buy(free to play player) or do delta or almost none(dont have time for a 3 hour non afk instance) is it simply worth playing seeker as for pve to farm for gear? My other choice to reroll a veno and build again while i merch along side with seeker and it does small bhs and some tt occasionally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Yuniryu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nevermind found my answer. I will continue on main, but i will train up my alt slowly time to time. But my primarly focus on seeker.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sky_Chaser - Raging Tide
    Sky_Chaser - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's a good Yuni ^^ i love seekers they're epic! and ur an epic seeker :D i've seen you around. don't make a crappy veno :3
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's a good Yuni ^^ i love seekers they're epic! and ur an epic seeker :D i've seen you around. don't make a crappy veno :3

Dont worry i am sticking with seeker, no time for alts anyways. I will stick with seeker ^_^. Got some unfinished business on this seeker!. Like culti 100 and tm69 XD and Sage skills and my end game gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have been on seeker since the beginning of expansion and enjoying it. But since 100 its been a bit of a struggle. However that was summer so i had time to do delta and there was more time for bh 100 and more people doing it of course.

But now days its all fc and delta (when i dont have time). I just spending my time merching on weekends, my question is this. If you cant cash buy(free to play player) or do delta or almost none(dont have time for a 3 hour non afk instance) is it simply worth playing seeker as for pve to farm for gear? My other choice to reroll a veno and build again while i merch along side with seeker and it does small bhs and some tt occasionally.
    i think you should reroll if your idea of 'playing' is just farming for gear >.>
    for those who play a class for the sake of having fun, being a non-cash shopper or a non-delta person never stopped them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think you should reroll if your idea of 'playing' is just farming for gear >.>
    for those who play a class for the sake of having fun, being a non-cash shopper or a non-delta person never stopped them.

:D You are so right. The last couple of days i have stopped trying to farm for gear. Now i am just playing for fun , casually. If i am bored i log off and take a break. Dont know why it toke me so long to realise this but yeah its only a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mythtera
    mythtera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sadly its just something that comes with the Asian based (Korean/Chinese/etc.) grindy MMOs, and it never really goes away, and it takes a strong will and good thought process to actually see that if you're not having fun doing whatever you're doing don't try so hard to do it.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mythtera wrote: »
    Sadly its just something that comes with the Asian based (Korean/Chinese/etc.) grindy MMOs, and it never really goes away, and it takes a strong will and good thought process to actually see that if you're not having fun doing whatever you're doing don't try so hard to do it.

I should stick to my principles, play for fun. That means no farming alt ;p cause is farming fun? No?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It has been said that the new instances (9 trials- coming soon) to farm mats for r8/9 recast are very much like delta/warsong, with waves of mobs and bosses - I heard there is even a timed mode. The mobs I heard do drop the mats, and you also get mats from the quests. I haven't come across on any info regarding how long each run/instance takes, but seeing that the max number of players is 100 to be allowed in the instances, you can leave the squad/instance without ruining it for everyone like in delta (just my guess). With this in mind, a seeker would be a valuable class to take along for zhen. And since you don't have a full 3 hr to farm an instance like delta, it might be possible for you to partially take part farming these new instances and still allow a ration of the mats farmed. So, yes - these new instances might be worth the wild to use your seeker as a farming char.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It has been said that the new instances (9 trials- coming soon) to farm mats for r8/9 recast are very much like delta/warsong, with waves of mobs and bosses - I heard there is even a timed mode. The mobs I heard do drop the mats, and you also get mats from the quests. I haven't come across on any info regarding how long each run/instance takes, but seeing that the max number of players is 100 to be allowed in the instances, you can leave the squad/instance without ruining it for everyone like in delta (just my guess). With this in mind, a seeker would be a valuable class to take along for zhen. And since you don't have a full 3 hr to farm an instance like delta, it might be possible for you to partially take part farming these new instances and still allow a ration of the mats farmed. So, yes - these new instances might be worth the wild to use your seeker as a farming char.

But you need faction base. That's means I have to leave my faction and join vicious and qmme and Levi and vert and decimate cause I doubt the others have a base. Anyways this reply is late cause I am kind of stopped playing pwi. If the recast isn't needing faction base then I am interested a bit, I don't know if the quests there I don't need faction but overall tired of this game =). Faction here really is a joke, in another game I join clan and they actual talk and help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ..It's not so much the factions.. it's that majority of the players in this particular game are very cliquey and keep to themselves/friend circle. I'm going through the same thing as you though.

I've been reading your posts for a while now. And I know what troubles you(even through the PMs). All I can say is I'm glad you stuck with it for as long as you did. You never needed to cash shop to enjoy the class or the game. Personally, its having friends(ha ha) or at least someone to do stuff with..

If you have none of these..then all you're left with is the class you love. And overtime...that doesn't seem like much..
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ..It's not so much the factions.. it's that majority of the players in this particular game are very cliquey and keep to themselves/friend circle. I'm going through the same thing as you though.

I've been reading your posts for a while now. And I know what troubles you(even through the PMs). All I can say is I'm glad you stuck with it for as long as you did. You never needed to cash shop to enjoy the class or the game. Personally, its having friends(ha ha) or at least someone to do stuff with..

If you have none of these..then all you're left with is the class you love. And overtime...that doesn't seem like much..

Most of my friends left, so yeah thats true in a way. Well i should be happy, i reached 101 and rank 8 ^_^ from the time i began seeker in march. So i am satisfied really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    try find a role playing faction ;o

those pple enjoy the game for what it is naturally, more than the physical progress

could be worth a peek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    try find a role playing faction ;o

those pple enjoy the game for what it is naturally, more than the physical progress

could be worth a peek

I will Bear that in mind. For now i am happy xD logged off.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I myself quit yesterday. I have nothing and no one in the game. Though these circumstances are my own fault, and despite trying, I believed this to be irreversible.

And for the record, the class is worth playing without cash shopping. There is more to this game than what lies at the end.. a lot of people don't see this though because they zoom to the end, and then its like "what now?"
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I myself quit yesterday. I have nothing and no one in the game. Though these circumstances are my own fault, and despite trying, I believed this to be irreversible.

And for the record, the class is worth playing without cash shopping. There is more to this game than what lies at the end.. a lot of people don't see this though because they zoom to the end, and then its like "what now?"

Yup not to worry i got a game i am playing and i am looking into 2 games to play in 2012 if i decide i am bored of the other game i am playing ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]