Legitimate suggestion concerning Duke's Shouts!

Options
ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I was wondering why his filter only shows TOBLs. No one likes the shouts because theyre too common. But TOBLs are what no one cares about and what people always win. Why not just show items that people win from packs, but exclue tokens, TOBLs, plat charms, mounts, and have the duke shout when someone wins any of the other items available from packs, but not these items I just listed.

So the Poll is, would you like to see Duke's shout list to exclude these items:
- Token of Luck
- Token of Best Luck
- Platinum Spirit/Guardian Charm
- Special Mounts

Or, keep the chat as is, or, censor the duke... for good.

Edit: Noo I misspelled wanna in the poll and I can't edit it!! :-(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    INB4 everyone votes the last option because they think they're badass.

Yeah seriously - never put 'troll' or 'just for fun' answers in a 1 answer poll e.g. "Cookies!". Either don't do it at all or make it a multiple answer thing (i don't even know if that's possible on these forums but w/e)

on-topic: I voted for the first option but really I don't mind whether they remove him fully or the first option.

What is REALLY annoying though is the constant wall of text spam you get in Theatre of Blood. Holy **** that is intense. Every ~10 seconds you get a red wall of text that completely fills up the chat box and you have to scroll around to read properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Pack spam is hardly even spam any more. It doesn't bother me at all in its current state.
    The only bad time is right after the Tiger event, which I could do without, but that only lasts 10 or 15 mins.

If they were going to keep it at minimum spam like it is now, yeah I'd rather see it changed. Just broadcast the big stuff. Scroll of Tome and such.
    Lotto companies don't use the $5 winners to promote the games, they show off the hundred million dollar winners ;)
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wish theyd turn it off all together. I dont care who got a pack reward, all that announcement does is push squad search post and such off the chat area.