Instability Issues ?

Options
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Support Desk
I'm not one to whine, usually...

But is anyone having more lag, lag spikes, dc's then usuall ?

I never, ever had so much trouble..

Just today :

3 complete freezes (1 was in delta, 1 in arch, 1 in oht map 2, so not area related)

Multiple Dc's (like 8-9)

Huge lag spikes, (it's fun to freeze, and come back at 10 aps, with 11k pings, but hey, mobs hit 5 aps that time too...)

Rebooted comp 4 times during those times.

Verified files once..

After all that, I STILL DC or get 6-8k pings.. Now i'm not rich, and slowdowns/dc's means charm ****.

I just want to know if i'm the only one in that situation.. b:surrender
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kuadu - Sanctuary
    Kuadu - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Im having problems as well...all day I had fine connection up until the past hour. I had my ping go as high as 20k!!!
    If I had a nickle for everytime someone thinks Im a girl because I play a veno with max bust Id have my legendary pets by now... Sorry pervs Im a guy veno get used to it b:laughb:pleasedb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Kuadu~ of Cats
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    same issues for me and my partner
    6-15k ping randomly, everything freezes then up to 30 seconds later it all clears and catches up at once, game locking up and only way to restart it is to reboot pc
    this started yesterday and i have not been able to do anything really..

I died helping someone in a bh69 earlier on my lvl 101 sin with a cleric in squad... and i normally have no problems soloing them bosses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Anyone having issues like this needs to take a traceroute to the server at the time that it is happening and post it.

Also posting things like system specs, OS, local network, and ISP information is very helpful.

Whit the little information given so far, all I can do is say it's a process on your system, it's activity on your network, it's interference with your wireless, it's your virus scanner running a scan, there's a squirrel chewing on your line at the pole, It's raining outside, your ISP is having an issue, there's a regional router having problems between you and PWI, Obama has taken over the interweb, it's a sunspot on the sun.

I mean really, that's the short list, give me something to narrow it down with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i dont even think its just fps and ping.

i had 22 fps and running at 550 ping yet pulling in VoS i was freezing up, my client was completely closing down it did it 4 times in 1hr 30mins.

brand new laptop only few months old, high range specs, 20meg connection.
    (tried both on wireless and hooking it up to the box itself)

im thinking its down to serious lack of maintenance, because this is all very recent never had any probs running this before even high detail in west arch.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i dont even think its just fps and ping.

i had 22 fps and running at 550 ping yet pulling in VoS i was freezing up, my client was completely closing down it did it 4 times in 1hr 30mins.

brand new laptop only few months old, high range specs, 20meg connection.
    (tried both on wireless and hooking it up to the box itself)

im thinking its down to serious lack of maintenance, because this is all very recent never had any probs running this before even high detail in west arch.

What you're describing points to a process on your system causing the issue. It doesn't matter how new your system is when the client is nearly 10 years old and wasn't designed for multi-threading. It's likely that something is taking the processor the client is using to 100% when you're freezing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i have notice pwi only likes to work mostly on one of my cores taking it up to like 65% but using low ram and like 5% of my 2nd core

i have seen your posts before seens you know what you saying ill look into it a bit more

anyway to even the weight over both core for a smoother run ?
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've tried playing around with processor affinity, unless you're using XP it makes no difference. Even on XP, it's a barely noticeable improvement when you limit the client to just one core. The default of the OS is to spread it across the cores, but the client coding doesn't read more than one core to work with. It's a royal pain in the *** to tinker with. Windows 7 seems to do alright if you set the .exe files for the game to run as administrator. Just doing that fixed a lot of issues with random locking, rubberbanding, and crashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]