Common Sense

Options
XXZeonXx - Harshlands
XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
I mourn for it, as many of the Sins on our server have stabbed it and thrown it onto a faraway deserted island.

Tbh, this topic is just to point out the idiotic logic that 98% of the Sins on our server possess. Yesterday I came across a Sin with the typical G13 +10 Nirvana daggers at West while I was bored on my Seeker, and eventually he ended up trying to kill me, etc. After about two minutes of fighting, he forces stealth and says how g@y it is that I expel and kite, and so on. Instead of continuing to try to kill me on his Sin, he goes and gets on his Kylin R8 +12 Seeker alt and forces me to spend four minutes worth of charm ticking between the two of us before he kills me, and then trash talks.

I see this complaint numerous times every day that I PvP, and normally it's just a facepalm reaction, but the fact that he has an R8 +12 Seeker told me that he should at least know SOMETHING about his class. Demonstrated to me multiple times, however, has been the fact that the well-geared Seekers on this server tend to be ones that got to level 100 in a week and passed over gear from their alts and don't know how to play their class, or just can't seem to figure out how to play their class.

..Although I'm sure that most people don't read the forums, for those of you who do, I'd like to enlighten you on the fact that Seekers are indeed a ranged class, as most of their skills are ranged. I would also like to point out the fact that it would not be smart for any Seeker in TT90 gear to attempt to stand next to a Sin with +10 daggers while he's demon sparked and try to kill him or her from close range. I could go into details on the numerous ways to alleviate yourself from having to do that, but that would produce a longer tl;dr.

tl;dr version: Seekers may have heavy armor, but they are not a close range class. Please don't QQ when a Seeker kites your 5APS demon spark, or counters your control skills. If it helps, think of them as an Archer/Wizard in HA with different skills and using swords instead.
Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
Post edited by XXZeonXx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I mourn for it, as many of the Sins on our server have stabbed it and thrown it onto a faraway deserted island.

Tbh, this topic is just to point out the idiotic logic that 98% of the Sins on our server possess. Yesterday I came across a Sin with the typical G13 +10 Nirvana daggers at West while I was bored on my Seeker, and eventually he ended up trying to kill me, etc. After about two minutes of fighting, he forces stealth and says how g@y it is that I expel and kite, and so on. Instead of continuing to try to kill me on his Sin, he goes and gets on his Kylin R8 +12 Seeker alt and forces me to spend four minutes worth of charm ticking between the two of us before he kills me, and then trash talks.

I see this complaint numerous times every day that I PvP, and normally it's just a facepalm reaction, but the fact that he has an R8 +12 Seeker told me that he should at least know SOMETHING about his class. Demonstrated to me multiple times, however, has been the fact that the well-geared Seekers on this server tend to be ones that got to level 100 in a week and passed over gear from their alts and don't know how to play their class, or just can't seem to figure out how to play their class.

..Although I'm sure that most people don't read the forums, for those of you who do, I'd like to enlighten you on the fact that Seekers are indeed a ranged class, as most of their skills are ranged. I would also like to point out the fact that it would not be smart for any Seeker in TT90 gear to attempt to stand next to a Sin with +10 daggers while he's demon sparked and try to kill him or her from close range. I could go into details on the numerous ways to alleviate yourself from having to do that, but that would produce a longer tl;dr.

tl;dr version: Seekers may have heavy armor, but they are not a close range class. Please don't QQ when a Seeker kites your 5APS demon spark, or counters your control skills. If it helps, think of them as an Archer/Wizard in HA with different skills and using swords instead.

Honestly they're just wasting time when they kite.... all they do is kite kite kite and try to set up a big combo that fails 80% of the time because whoever they're fighting has a way to counter it. A BM, for example, simple leaps back or uses Smack. Their kiting is a pain but eh... it hinders them a bit as well since they spend so much time on it, gives you time to marrow and Demon Bell.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My goal 90% of the time that I kite is not to set up a "combo", but to be efficient and/or survive. Why would a Seeker sit in your range and attack you while eating your APS when they can immobilize you and attack you with most of the same skills from a distance?

The only classes that I need a "combo" for are charmed BMs/Barbs, and those are easy enough to deal with unless they vastly outgear me.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Lol it doesn't matter what class, hell, I'd kite a Sin if I was on a Barb. The Sins that QQ about people kiting are just showing how fail they are. It's not like they are playing a class with most control skills in game or anything. Yes you don't know how to play a Sin to keep me here, so let me just stand here and tank your demon spark.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    to be honest i dont think its any class that lacks common sence mainly the player base in general the mind set atm seems to be wither if you have aps you win or r9 you win and that the game no longer requires skill but how wrong are these ppl =]

i think you might be banging your head against a brick wall mate people will always have a opinion about seekers mainly cause they dont understand us nor our attacks

question do you have your blade mastery yet ?? kinda wanna see mine with it on as already my attack and pvp is mostly unchallenging

no aps sage seeker capped vit main str
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Think the kite on spark thing doesn't apply to sins only, I've seen aps bms or even aps barbs QQing about ppl running away from the spark... idk why ppl seriously think that one would tank a spark ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • sparklyee
    sparklyee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Common sense is not so common, sir~
    Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol, I PvPd a barb once on my veno, and he said I was a noob for kiting him with my 2.4K pdef lawl...
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Everything that can defeat you = you can call it noob. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think you typoed because Kylin doesn't have any +12 seekers.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hate to name, but I won't mention the name of the main. Check DisBish's sword whenever you get the chance, though. As a matter of fact, "she" was just selling SFC on world chat the other day and posting links to "her" sword. Definitely not a typo, but I apologize for mentioning that they were from Ky in the first place.

Edit: No, SoulPlay, I don't have my sage blade and sword mastery yet, although I do plan on getting it soon. Right now with my +6 Unbowed Ones, my attack range is like 5200-7k, but I'll be turning those into Nirvana before the end of this weekend, most likely. My vit is capped at 55 and is 93(?) with my current gear equipped. I'll be restating all of my vit into strength once I have enough money to get better armor and/or refine it. But right now I like my survivability with TT90, 7k HP and 55 defense levels.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tfi3f wrote: »
    Lol, I PvPd a barb once on my veno, and he said I was a noob for kiting him with my 2.4K pdef lawl...

All that matters in the end - is that he dies, and you don't.