Disconnected every few hours.

xyxyxyxx
xyxyxyxx Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Support Desk
I'm on Sanctuary server. I can't stay logged in more than a few hours with out being disconnected. I dont' have this problem with other games so I dont' think its my internet. What should I do? Thank You :)
Post edited by xyxyxyxx on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When you get disconnected could you do a traceroute to the server and post the results?

Also it would be helpful if you provided system information, OS info, and what your ISP connection speed/type is as well as how your computer is connected.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you are sharing your local or home connection at all, try to get other people to stop downloading stuff/ using the bandwidth.

You can try temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus just while playing the game. Sometimes those can really mess up online games when it scans traffic or files.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I too have never had a problem with other games. I have Broadband and Windows 7. I do not believe getting disconnected every few minutes has anything to do with my computer as it only happens when it is raining outside. Luckily I live where it does not rain often. I suppose PWI would refer to this as internet "hiccups" however I do not lose my internet connection just get disconnected from the server. Since I am one State over from the West Coast and on a West Coast server I do not understand why the instability. Since the rain outside goes hand in hand with lightening could the electricity in the air have anything to do with this? Since this has happened four times now and always when it rains I have given up trying to play during this time as it has cost me in terms of guardian charms, hyper exp. stones, experiance and the like from getting killed when disconnected.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    dejiavu wrote: »
    ... I do not believe getting disconnected every few minutes has anything to do with my computer as it only happens when it is raining outside....

This is telling you exactly where your issue is.

You've got a problem with your outside line. It's usually where it is connected to the main line on the poles that you see this. I had a similar issue once and it was discovered that a squirrel had been gnawing on the connector.

It could be loose at your box, at the pole, or there is a break in the insulation somewhere.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • JohnnyTHM - Heavens Tear
    JohnnyTHM - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you are sharing your local or home connection at all, try to get other people to stop downloading stuff/ using the bandwidth.

You can try temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus just while playing the game. Sometimes those can really mess up online games when it scans traffic or files.

LOL Try telling my wife not to download ... i dare ya!! LOLb:laugh
  • alexjati412#2818
    alexjati412#2818 Posts: 2 New User
    Hello! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with staying connected on the Sanctuary server. One potential solution to consider is to check if your computer or device is overheating. Overheating can cause disconnects and other performance issues, so ensuring that your device is properly ventilated and not overheating can be helpful. Additionally, you might want to check if there are any software or firewall settings that are interfering with your connection to the server. Another possible solution is to look into improving your insulation. Poor insulation can result in inconsistent internet speeds and connectivity issues. You can try contacting your internet service provider or a professional to inspect and improve your insulation. I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue and enjoy a more stable connection to the Sanctuary server. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!