How to lvl up faster?

carlyl
carlyl Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Im a lvl 76 assassin and im not that rich to buy 12837612476 FC's, i barely mainain myself with 1m. Anyways, how can i lvl up faster? I do BHs, CS,grind... What else can i do for lvling up? D: Please help!b:surrender
Post edited by carlyl on

Comments

• GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    good old gammas...

or get into a faction and do FCCs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dont worry, youre a sin. Soon you'll be soloing everything in game and making tons of coin doing it.
    Slow down and enjoy the ride.
  • TheTigerTank - Archosaur
    TheTigerTank - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ^ what they said

hehe barbs know best
    b:bye
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    carlyl wrote: »
    Im a lvl 76 assassin and im not that rich to buy 12837612476 FC's, i barely mainain myself with 1m. Anyways, how can i lvl up faster? I do BHs, CS,grind... What else can i do for lvling up? D: Please help!b:surrender
    You don't have coin, but want to level up obviously faster than you could keep your gear up?

How about instead of worrying about that little number of your level, go out and grind and farm and make some coin instead, so that you're more ready for when you do level.
    Otherwise we'll see a topic here in a month called "How do I make coin faster, I levelled too fast and die alot because my gear is way behind me"
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    if he aint pimpin with the richness..he goin nowhere.But mad props for being the normal lvler..its a rare breed.Just lvl normal..cherrish the game because really there is nothing up top..just more rinse and repeat stuff..nirvana,ff..nirvana..bh's..blah blah.

Now if u wanna be epic like the top sins..go spend a couple grand so u can get back into FF..what joyb:chuckle

BORINGGG even if it is for coin...

AMEN to the post above mine lol..man i see so many fail toons outthere lvl 100+ with lvl 80 gold **** and junk on..must be pro's
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    But mad props for being the normal lvler

Normal? Ask somebody that played PWI 3 years ago if BH and CS are normal leveling.
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I dont know what server u play on but at least mine have pretty good people that lvls up their guildmates by doing SFC just saying
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You don't have coin, but want to level up obviously faster than you could keep your gear up?

How about instead of worrying about that little number of your level, go out and grind and farm and make some coin instead, so that you're more ready for when you do level.
    Otherwise we'll see a topic here in a month called "How do I make coin faster, I levelled too fast and die alot because my gear is way behind me"

LOL. Are you doing your quests too? I know they might be tedious, but they do give exp, you get exp from killing the mobs and selling drops gets you coins.

Edit: Oh yeah at that level range I did, World Quest, CS and BH daily. But yeah try and get in some FF's and use hypers also there's that new Phoenix Valley thing, I've heard it gives good exp.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Set up Zhen parties with some friends.

I know, you are a sin, but look at it his way.

You get a barb, a cleric, a archer, a wiz, a bm and yourself. All real near in level.

Find mobs near ur level too ( I think quick about pirates on nightscream island)

Set squad up, Cleric in BB, barb goes play "fetch", brings to AoE DD'ers (BM uses HF, etc..) and put hypers on. (BM and Barb should love ur bloodpaint at the very least) and see the exp rack up. It's how people did it in the good old days. You would be surprised the exp u can make per hour with a well set-up squad in a nice spot (and drops too to sell back, which FC doesn't have).
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

You get a barb, a cleric, a archer, a wiz, a bm and yourself. All real near in level.

Find mobs near ur level too ( I think quick about pirates on nightscream island)

Set squad up, Cleric in BB, barb goes play "fetch", brings to AoE DD'ers (BM uses HF, etc..) and put hypers on. (BM and Barb should love ur bloodpaint at the very least) and see the exp rack up. It's how people did it in the good old days. You would be surprised the exp u can make per hour with a well set-up squad in a nice spot (and drops too to sell back, which FC doesn't have).

Damn I remember Zhen parties!! Those were fun!! Great exp and the drops ... lots of cash...too bad people dont do that anymore...just proves that this game is more and more about how people wanna solo stuff and don't wanna work in groups anymore b:sad

• sparklyee
    sparklyee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Damn I remember Zhen parties!! Those were fun!! Great exp and the drops ... lots of cash...too bad people dont do that anymore...just proves that this game is more and more about how people wanna solo stuff and don't wanna work in groups anymore b:sad

I miss crashing zhen parties a lot more. b:chuckle
    Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    sparklyee wrote: »
    I miss crashing zhen parties a lot more. b:chuckle

b:sweat KSer!!! b:chuckle

• Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011

yea hypers were great in the gold ol days
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011

People still zhen, they just use seekers now usually. There are usually major fights over spots in the pits with some fun psychic buffing to ruin someone's vortex b:shutup Bloodpaint is an absolute musthave there, so if you're lucky there will be a party ready to go that just needs a puller / bloodpaint :)
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    People still zhen, they just use seekers now usually. There are usually major fights over spots in the pits with some fun psychic buffing to ruin someone's vortex b:shutup Bloodpaint is an absolute musthave there, so if you're lucky there will be a party ready to go that just needs a puller / bloodpaint :)

LOL the last zhen I've seen and the only zhen's I see nowadays is at events like the archosaur assaults...Im guessing they make some pretty good coin there as they pull all the mobs into their AOE's...I made 2 mil going solo, they must've made tons...b:dirty

• Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you got a seeker buddy zhen on rotflesh doing public quest not only do the mobs give great xp after the quest is over you get another 100k+ xp and it's repeatable....it's what I did before I started running frosts....got me through to 80 very quickly
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Faster way is getting into a faction that has a faction base, which has quests enabled.

Some of the quests do give very nice EXP, yes they some times are hard to accomplish, you might need a bit of help, but yeah its doable, repeatable and cheap / you wont get any drops btw.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i remeber zhenning...oh so much fun back b4 TB and shiet. Who else remebers fighting over whos turn it was to have a zhen spot with 3 other squads? that was prob the best part XD
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    yea hypers were great in the gold ol days

At the time i used to zhen party, we hadnt hypers...Just +50% scrolls.

Those were the good ol days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This game has become a race to nowhere. Even new players want to run to the top and be lvl 100+ without even playing the game only to find out that 100+ is the worst part of the game. Youve got the same little handful of quest to do everyday then you either help someone do a quest youve done 500 times already or you sit around and chat. Hopefully your faction TWs so at least once a week you have something fun to do.
    If I hadnt already taken several toons thru the levels Id start another just to have something to do everyday, but its just too repetative now.
    Just holding out now for the first of the year when the promising new games go live and give me something new to do.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This game has become a race to nowhere. Even new players want to run to the top and be lvl 100+ without even playing the game only to find out that 100+ is the worst part of the game. Youve got the same little handful of quest to do everyday then you either help someone do a quest youve done 500 times already or you sit around and chat. Hopefully your faction TWs so at least once a week you have something fun to do.
    If I hadnt already taken several toons thru the levels Id start another just to have something to do everyday, but its just too repetative now.
    Just holding out now for the first of the year when the promising new games go live and give me something new to do.

TW is pretty much, summing it up, all the end-game community wants. People get gear to PVP, TW is, massive PVP.

PVE servers have some weird obsession for PK, why PK on a sin? I mean all they do is hide, spark, stun, kill. Whats so fun about that? And all the QQ that people do is just too much whining for a PVE. For pvp servers, I don't know how it is outside west gate, but I surely would have loved to kill some KSers 2 years ago when I was low lvl :P
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    this is true. a big factor in what holds you back is your gear...the better it is, the better the shards, the more protected and more damage you can do, with the lowest repair bill possible.

if your skills are leveled to a decent point, where you can do good damage, but are getting wiped out, back off a little, to a somewhat lower level mob, concentrate on grinding up coin, and keep an eye on the AH for replacing your gear bit by bit, always, always with at least three stars...blue or purple, and the most protection factors. look for number of sockets, too, dont buy less than two sockets. if you can find yellow or orange, you have it made in the shade! but leveling up your gear may mean buying gear a level or two ahead, having it ready. i know its frustrating....i had to wait a year before i could use the glave i presently have, and six months for my sword, but its worth the wait!b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    FF is boring and over rated also......

Dont set up a zhen party as someone previously post .......

Find a seeker your level blood paint him make sure they have yuan herbs go to night screen island and YOU pull the mobs to him like a zhen but less ppl more money more exp just make sure you help them with the spend on yuan herbs/repair easy levels all day and still cash to uprate ur armour

Once you level up move to any mass phys mob group
    seeker cant die if u watch that blood paint is still there

Dont believe me i didnt even step into FF till lvl 90 by then i was full TT 90 gold +3 made from all the cash grinded with much to spare for flawless shards

slow poke wins the race

goodluck young assassin
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:chuckle I just had to share this song from YouTube, after mentions of zhen parties (a...the good old days!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGCdRxtw-Ho

Find a seeker your level blood paint him make sure they have yuan herbs go to night screen island and YOU pull the mobs to him like a zhen but less ppl more money more exp just make sure you help them with the spend on yuan herbs/repair easy levels all day and still cash to uprate ur armour

Dont believe me i didnt even step into FF till lvl 90 by then i was full TT 90 gold +3 made from all the cash grinded with much to spare for flawless shards

slow poke wins the race

goodluck young assassin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

b:surrender so true ... at my level I've done most of my quests (and lets face it from about mid lv 90's you get like max 3 quests per level) except for the ones no one will help with like killing harpy wraith (not like the damn thing is ever there, cuz it's permanently dead - should really make spawning a little faster) doing full warsong, culti's like full rb isn't always to do ...

So yeah atm I don't really quest, I do my dailies (bh, cs, cube, oht, base quests, divine quests) and I try and get my gear sorted, while trying to level alts ... but what will I do when I've reach what I wanted with all my chars .... b:shocked guess that's the quitting point ...

But yeah I do agree, why race to 100? When you get there what then?

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    TW is pretty much, summing it up, all the end-game community wants. People get gear to PVP, TW is, massive PVP.

PVE servers have some weird obsession for PK, why PK on a sin? I mean all they do is hide, spark, stun, kill. Whats so fun about that? And all the QQ that people do is just too much whining for a PVE. For pvp servers, I don't know how it is outside west gate, but I surely would have loved to kill some KSers 2 years ago when I was low lvl :P

b:laugh hahahahahahaha +1 these days there aren't even really ksers anymore, because very few people quest...

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011

slow poke wins the race

goodluck young assassin

Hell yeah have so done this before with 2 or 3 friends... Nightscream rocked having your own little friend zhen party b:victory

• Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    carlyl wrote: »

Hyper grinding, rebirth, zhen parties, and oracles. You can also do a daily World Quest while you are busy or you want to be afk, in the 70s wq gives some noticeable exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Alper_Panda - Harshlands
    Alper_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i want lvl up to 60 iam lvl 42 faster plz help me
    b:angryb:cry