Latest Vista isnt compatible with pwi?

Niner - Dreamweaver
Niner - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Support Desk
I recently downloaded all the latest windows vista updates. When i got back, i couldnt open my PWI client cuz apparantly some file was missing. Now i have to re-download it D:, hope it works...any suggestions as to what happened?
Post edited by Niner - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No idea whats happening because you havent posted any usable information at all. Also, the tech support forum is elsewhere.

~That aside, reinstalling PWI should fix anything thats broken with it, go to tech support if it fails. Another thing I have noticed is sometimes after a windows update you wont be able to open PWI until youve rebooted again, so try that as well. (Fairly rare, but it happened a few times to me when I was on Vista).
  • Niner - Dreamweaver
    Niner - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No idea whats happening because you havent posted any usable information at all. Also, the tech support forum is elsewhere.

~That aside, reinstalling PWI should fix anything thats broken with it, go to tech support if it fails. Another thing I have noticed is sometimes after a windows update you wont be able to open PWI until youve rebooted again, so try that as well. (Fairly rare, but it happened a few times to me when I was on Vista).

yeah...it also didnt uninstall properly..so i somehow have to re-download D:
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    your os doesn't randomly start deleting stuff when it's updated, your firewalls and antiviruses do.

patcher.exe has a long, long history of being seen as a virus by many scanners, and many .pck files do as well.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well... Vista contains a malware suite built-in, so it can PARTIALLY be blamed on the OS
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Moved to tech support.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Whatever you do, DO NOT install Microsoft Security Essentials.

If you have done so, Immediately remove it. Disable the fake windows anti-malware, and get real programs like Avast or Avira for antivirus, Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, and a good firewall program. (ZoneAlarm is not good, it's bloated, same with Norton and Mcaffee) I can't recommend a good firewall because I run two hardware firewalls instead of using software.

Also, when using Vista or Windows 7, set the compatibility settings for Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe and elementclient.exe to run as administrator. (DO NOT change any other settings in the Compatibility tab.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith