whats the point.

rolarosama
rolarosama Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
why do all magic classes never get invited to squads? well thats because pwi just dont give a **** about anyone outside of china. we all know they loooooove to grind so they obviously LOVE sins who can solo fc solo, tt squad modes, more or less solo nir, tank every bh and rofl stop every single toon in the game (if your a pvp grinder this matters)

sins are good at 1v1 and so they should be, after all they are assassins.. i mean come on who can stop ezio, or batman, in a 1v1 fight? we all know when its more than 1v1 they get but *****... its why most sins say they suck in tw.
so yh lets not talk about pk since if you get one off guard out of stealth its more or less dead... just like bane to batman.

as for PvE a dd class in light armour should never be able to solo anything without a healer unless hes gone ultra cash shop mode. it seems like a sin is the best pve toon in this game as well as the best pvp toon thus making all other toons useless BUT thats not all, archers can use fists to go 5aps and have high enough damage to still out damage a mage, bm's can also do this and get bp from sins making even a cleric useless most of the time

so heres the easy fix for this game, a fix that dont nerf any class in pvp but fixes pve so every class can be played again. PUT UP THE PHY DEF ON ALL THE BOSSES IN TT SQUAD MODE, NIRVANA AND FC ! this would lower hp gain from BP and stop sins from being able to tank fc, it would also stop archers and bms from out damaging mages who are ment to be the big hitters, then lower there magic def by about 10%, thus making magic classes good DD's to have and dd classes just that, a dd class who can support with de-buffs like hf sharpened tooth arrow and rib shot... not a super fast aps tank who dont even need to pot thanks to demon spark spam.

ive wanted to role a wiz for PvE and a little pvp at times but i just get so discouraged because i know whats its like for mages. they dont do enough pve damage and just get left in the dirt once they hit lvl 80.. no fc for them, no tt and no nir (well i guess casters nir, but is separation ever a good thing? its like controlled racism really)

but as the name states... whats the point
Post edited by rolarosama on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    QQ more

Even before APS it was well known casters were **** DPS compared to phys classes but valuable in mass PvP. Not only did you post this in the wrong section, but the suggestion screams of rage and butthurt so get over yourself. b:bye
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Your suggestion is a very good one and would most likely work. It has a snowballs chance of seeing light. PW US has chosen to forsake teambased balanced style play.

Think of PW as a franchise like McDonalds. PW China is the home office. PW US is simply a franchise in a different location, just like the Golden Arches down the street from you. The one near you, is most likely owned and run by a couple of doctors or dentists with enough money to play around with a local business on the side. So these doctors or whatever, they really can't make changes to the franchise, only home office franchise holder can do that. So no new burgers/content unless the home office creates it.

What they can do is play around with the menu and pricing. So PW US has chosen to fool around with pricing and menus, by making the gear and rank necessary to outfit a 5 aps solo monster affordable enough that the place is soon over run with cookie cutter OP solo machines. If high levels, rank, and rank gear was not sold or or not sold cheaply, you would see far far fewer 5 aps morons.

Remember the menu. Well that includes policy. PW US has chose to look the other way on FC goon squads because it feeds into their little short term money maker since it brings in more gold for fC squads, rank and gear.

The thing is these guys could care less about the long term viability of the franchise. They want to make big bucks in the shortest possible time. Hence the 5 aps - fish - rank - gear cycle.

When McDonalds finds a local franchise that is not helping their overall image and goals, they can do a number of things. They and pull the franchise and give to to someone else. They can micromanage the miss-behaving franchise. That is the problem. Big companies move like glaciers. By the time they a)determine that their bottom line is threatened by a local franchise, and b)formulate a plan of action to impose, it is way too late.

With 2 hugely popular MMO franchises about to go gold in the coming year, PW China could be looking at vacant servers fairly soon. These are classic team based MMOs. By the time PW China gets around to doing something about the problem, these competitors will have eaten their lunch, game over so to say.

It is our opinion that the 5 APS solo monster fiasco is the primary reason why the player base is shrinking. You can play this game solo with any class up till around level 80. At that point the experience needed to level can only be gotten from Bosses and Instances that require teams. 80 is also the point that the 5 aps solo monsters start to come into their own, people who want teams to level with can't find them, so they quit. This leaves the game from 80 up mostly populated with the 5 aps crowd, many of which think this is nothing more than a glitzier 3D Mortal Kombat, a single player game but with chat and enhanced fashions.

So short term profits is the point. If you want a team based questing style MMO PW US has forsaken that so you will need to look elsewhere.
    Just some guy
  • rolarosama
    rolarosama Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    QQ more

Even before APS it was well known casters were **** DPS compared to phys classes but valuable in mass PvP. Not only did you post this in the wrong section, but the suggestion screams of rage and butthurt so get over yourself. b:bye

um no... so wrong... aps made caster the lowest dd's and aps was not in the game from the start, 5aps was definitely not, and this aint a QQ its just what people have been saying. clearly you have never magic user toon and no intention of making one. if you did you would see whats its like when your 80+ looking for a nir or fc sqaud and cant even get a DD spot because you've been ultra nerfed by every class that can use a claw. but then again your just a troll and who gives a **** about you TRLOLOLOLOL (this is how pwi sees us all)
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    Runelle - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    clerics= magic class. they always get invite.
    venos= magic class. always get invite.
    psy= magic class. usually get invites if asked.
    wiz= same with psys.

Problem OP?
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    um no since bp is gona heal why need a cleric and most run are doen why clueless morons so they wont inv a veno for amp cos 5aps is better then a debuff and faster
    get with the times b:laugh
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    um no since bp is gona heal why need a cleric and most run are doen why clueless morons so they wont inv a veno for amp cos 5aps is better then a debuff and faster
    get with the times b:laugh

Actually, you're a bit off.

If your squad already has 5 5 aps DDs, then bringing in a 6th one will give you 20% more overall DPS, assuming that all DDs have roughly the same DPS. In comparison to that, bringing a Veno will give each of the 5 DDs 25-30% more damage, which will obviously translate as that to overall squad DPS, leading to gaining 25-30% more DPS instead of 20%. And in terms of damage, that's 4-8% more overall DPS.

And then there's also the fact that Venomancers come with Bramble and Ironwood, both of which will further speed up the process.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    rolarosama wrote: »
    why do all magic classes never get invited to squads?

My mystic and cleric get invited to squads, maybe people just dont like you

i mean come on who can stop ezio, or batman, in a 1v1 fight?

Anyone with actual superpowers?

bm's can also do this and get bp from sins making even a cleric useless most of the time

Except you know, the buffs and the resurrect and the purify...

responses in bold.

I honestly do think sins can be a little overpowered compared to other classes, but that doesnt mean that people don't want anything except sins, I mean if there wasnt at least a little diversity this wouldnt be Perfect World, it would be an assassin simulator.

Also here's a thought, get some friends or even a decent faction who will run with you, not everyone cares about getting all their squad members filled with the highest dps characters every time.
  • udancenow
    udancenow Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If BH is harder then you would need level 100's to help.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok i agree with almost all opinions on this page.

but why do ppl forget seekers we have 50% phys att debuff lasting 600 seconds + everyother element in game can be boosted by us (also grant ur att or def lvls) and we hit like trains for example 6.5k-10.2k attack without sage blade mastery 1.11 base aps hmmm

i think this is equiverlant to wat a 2.50 fish will hit ............ still only wanted to lvl up other classes but damn if u want nirvana make ur own squad and watch ppl enter it ask party aps and walk out on pming the person they tell u "oh ur not aps i want 3.33+ party"

.... dont tell me u have never heard or said this urselfs

anyway the point stop being so narrow minded about any class except the ones that aint even their original class anymore and this is such a shame

blademaster .... what blade
    barb ....... what tank
    cleric .... not needed and omfg wtf are these clawrics
    archer ......... ur not a archer if u have fists

id love to see these classes returned to there former glory but i know i have more chance of burning my *** on a snowball

if you want to get technical everyone but assassins are just buff machines now or the space filler

yeah tell me im QQing or im wrong ill read it but to say ill care would be a lie
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They can't tank that phys immune boss in BH100 (not that it matters since you apparently don't need to kill him for anything?)
    Odd game but still QQ is worthless might as well if you're playing to just enjoy the classes for what they are and start your own damn squads for non aps.
    PWI b:bye
  • cruthik
    cruthik Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They can't tank that phys immune boss in BH100 (not that it matters since you apparently don't need to kill him for anything?)
    Odd game but still QQ is worthless might as well if you're playing to just enjoy the classes for what they are and start your own damn squads for non aps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvMdx...eature=related she hits 506k in here.... why would anyone invite anyone else when a class can do this?, she was getting her hp bar back per second... but yh sure well all just QQ more and go ignored because that was totally fair. also "and start your own damn squads for non aps." well starting out own squads for aps only is how we are where we are now, dividing the people even more wont help that and we all know a caster squad wont do anything near an aps squad and thats the real problem. people do aps squads because aps does big damage NOT because it looks fun lool a wiz should do what a sin does with 1 second with 1 skill but no a wiz will do like 1/16 of that damage with an ulti
    edited October 2011
    cruthik wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvMdx...eature=related she hits 506k in here.... why would anyone invite anyone else when a class can do this?, she was getting her hp bar back per second... but yh sure well all just QQ more and go ignored because that was totally fair. also "and start your own damn squads for non aps." well starting out own squads for aps only is how we are where we are now, dividing the people even more wont help that and we all know a caster squad wont do anything near an aps squad and thats the real problem. people do aps squads because aps does big damage NOT because it looks fun lool a wiz should do what a sin does with 1 second with 1 skill but no a wiz will do like 1/16 of that damage with an ulti

They are not going to change the game period. Saying you're not going to make non aps squads is ridiculous, what are you planning to do? Nothing? Or join them?
    Oh no I can't do something really really fast and really really easy with no effort whatsoever. Get a grip and just play the damn game or you'll never get anywhere. Being an arcane is about suffering for your cause, I love it >:D
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    clerics= magic class. they always get invite.
    venos= magic class. always get invite.
    psy= magic class. usually get invites if asked.
    wiz= same with psys.

Problem OP?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but aren't clerics unnecessary if the mobs are dead before anyone takes real damage? I'm pretty sure venos only get in to some parties if they are Sage and have select pets. No one seems to like psys at all unless it is for Caster Nirvana or they happen to know one (I personally have a psy and love the class).

I'm only mid level but I do read the forums and I've seen plenty of WC. (I like to keep informed) Obviously I could be misinformed by those but that tends to be what I've seen concerning those classes.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think sins should get a spark for using windpush.
  • codeman200
    codeman200 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hostname: healgoddess.hostventrilo.net
    Port 9979
    Password:Chocolate

Happy Trolling :D
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's not so much the game as the mentality. I like casters and I think it is the players that are intent on WIN-WIN-WIN -- driving the message that ONLY the hard-core, well refined DD'ers need to be pulled into squads.

But it's not true.

Some of the MOST fun I have ever had in PW was when we did not have an OP tanker and had to battle our way through the mobs, to the bosses and everyone .... giving it 100%. Those are the memories we look back fondly on.

Not standing back while one Sin or BM or what ever - steamrolls a path for us and kills the boss in a few hits.

So what is the point in my thread? Make your own squads, the ones that say it is not fair, or the lower aps that cannot get invites to the fast paced high-aps squads. Pool all you know, all of your skills and just squad up and go for it.

Sure, it's slower, more tedious -but- your enjoying each others company a bit longer then a blink and having.. fun. The end result probably better since many will swap FL invites...
  • RangerFEAR - Lost City
    RangerFEAR - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would take an old school squad anyday into an instance! To hell with 5 sin and 1 random xD
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I know, I know .......necro.....

But I just came back to forums and saw this thread and had to post something in it....

I miss the PWI of old too. The only way I see it being brought back is:

1. Make BP a self buff.....Will make sins the new venos (soloists who pretty much solo everything) while forcing BMs, archers barbs and everyone else to play like before.

Remember APS has always been in game, but while a 5APS claw barb would have gone down to a boss due to low HP before, with BP he manages to tank it...same for archers, sins and all squishys in general.

---OR

2. Make -int a % based stat rather than a fixed -interval. That way all weps can benefit from it EQUALLY. As it is now, trying to get max APS with axes/poles isnt even worth it due to the low benefit they get.

Just my $0.02. Ignore away! b:thanks
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited October 2011
    Actually, you're a bit off.

If your squad already has 5 5 aps DDs, then bringing in a 6th one will give you 20% more overall DPS, assuming that all DDs have roughly the same DPS. In comparison to that, bringing a Veno will give each of the 5 DDs 25-30% more damage, which will obviously translate as that to overall squad DPS, leading to gaining 25-30% more DPS instead of 20%. And in terms of damage, that's 4-8% more overall DPS.

And then there's also the fact that Venomancers come with Bramble and Ironwood, both of which will further speed up the process.

What you are saying is true however:
    Veno can't stealth past mobs (if there are any and if not required, exception TT)
    Veno has lower survivability because of no self heals (HA included, sometimes worse)
    Veno has less counters to debuffs which makes point 2 even worse

This game is beyond redemption, is now past the hour of saving, the developers are in the milking stage and they won't stop. People love making money, fools also love paying.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's not so much the game as the mentality. I like casters and I think it is the players that are intent on WIN-WIN-WIN -- driving the message that ONLY the hard-core, well refined DD'ers need to be pulled into squads.

But it's not true.

Some of the MOST fun I have ever had in PW was when we did not have an OP tanker and had to battle our way through the mobs, to the bosses and everyone .... giving it 100%. Those are the memories we look back fondly on.

Not standing back while one Sin or BM or what ever - steamrolls a path for us and kills the boss in a few hits.

So what is the point in my thread? Make your own squads, the ones that say it is not fair, or the lower aps that cannot get invites to the fast paced high-aps squads. Pool all you know, all of your skills and just squad up and go for it.

Sure, it's slower, more tedious -but- your enjoying each others company a bit longer then a blink and having.. fun. The end result probably better since many will swap FL invites...

Very true,

You just describe bh 39, 51, 59 where ppl have no or very low aps.... and its etter to have a rainbow squad....

Maybe they shoud do the same on higher instance adding mobs or something...

I can tell the most fun i have on game is to do those instances where skills from each class matters most...