About gear and quest rewards

Options
Envelope - Raging Tide
Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Suggestion Box
If i think about the game as it is and what it would require to make it better: I think it's some sort of non-tradable gear set that can only be obtained by playing a character for a certain time, regulary. We already have an example of this in- game: The attendance rings. I.e. you do the roll call daily quest a certain number of times to get an awesome piece of gear.

What i wanted to suggest is to extend this kind of gear in the game. Like, to add 4 pieces of armor, a weapon and maybe a necklace, belt and/or a cape, to the attendance sheet rewards. Like the rings, there would have to be different kinds of course, like arcane armor, light armor, heavy armor, magic weapon, bow, etc. Maybe even give them a set bonus though that would not be necessary.

If those would be added directly to the attendance sheet rewards, that would of course increase the amount of sheets needed dramatically... therefore the amount of sheets that can be obtained per day should be increased. This could be done, for example, by adding an additional sheet to other dailies' rewards. Those could be the paperclip-for-villa quest, crazy stone, cube of fate challenge, OHT daily quests, and the Bounty hunter quests.

Alternatively, there could be a new type of activity reward item that would be introduced along with the new gear. This would be more flexible - those items could be added to the rewards of normal monster killing quests and repeatable quests like the one-man army or the justice quests. If obtainable by those quests, the amount of items required should be higher than for the attendance sheet rewards (of course they would all be non-tradable).

I think this would be a good way to encourage players to actually work on their characters for a longer period of time instead of just powerleveling them fast and then leaving them due to a lack of content. It would also - indirectly - reduce the dependance of players on high aps squads to farm gear, thus making the game's pve content a bit more available to all players regardless of their class, build and equipment. And it might also reduce the impact of changes to the game's economy, which have proven to be quite devastating in the past.