Petition for more active GMs

Options
Cytte - Harshlands
Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I personally feel that there's a certain disconnect between the players and the staff, and talking with friends, they notice it some too. Pointing this out, some people I talk to equate it too there not being a presence of GMs anywhere visible in game.

So I start this off, and ask ya'll would you want to see a more active presence of GMs in game? Why/Why not? b:question

And to Frankie/Shatter/other GM, why do we rarely hear/see of yall in game??

Also if you're hiring I'll so apply b:avoid
I <3 A lot of people
Post edited by Cytte - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The simple answer is that the paid PW staff shows up, clocks in, and half of them go to figure out what stupid sale to do next, a quarter of them go to work on the patch from 6 months ago, and the rest (the ones that typically are in-game) go log onto XBox and play Halo or CoD.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The community can petition this all they want, have 100% of the votes to "yes" and still not make a difference, end of the day, it's all down to them on if they can get their lazy arses onto the game to monitor world chat, help players in need of assistance, catch gooners etc, but quite simply, they won't do any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There really does need to be more involvement.

I know this link is going to be insta deleted, but this is a topic on a forum for another game asking the community to ask him questions about future updates and patches to seperate charectars.

^ couldn't find that thread but even this...
    Unban me.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    While you almost never see them ingame, they're always there watching. I personally think that the best thing for them to do would be to show up in towns from time to time. But in dealing with several of them they're good people, they do actually care, just sometimes they don't show it. The GMs here answer to China, it's not our game, it's their game. Truly their hands are tied.

I know this might bring up some anger and whatnot, but I feel the need to say it:

spoons cared, frankie cares, and monkey surely cares. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here at all.
    If monkey didn't care he would not have taken time out of his day, doing whatever he was working on JUST to log in and talk to me, and address the problems that I had been experiencing.
    If frankie didn't care he wouldn't have had people there when I had problems. (granted I had to go through a friend to get to him, but that's not what's important)
    To say they DON'T care is an outrage.

They are there, and they're doing the best they can with what they've been handed. While I would like to see them more, I know they're there, an that's good enough for me.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Many GM on various publisher are stay hidden rather than having connection with players, doesn't mean they didn't exist or don't care.

Stop imagining GM slacking around while you can't see them. b:surrender
    And you can't blame GM for publisher or developer decisions that make players suffer.
    Well you can... but didn't going to change anything other than hurting the GM and make you rage more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i find it cute that u guys think a petition would matter, even if they did add some gms I bet it would just be the same gms under 2 or 3 characters.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    While you almost never see them ingame, they're always there watching. I personally think that the best thing for them to do would be to show up in towns from time to time. But in dealing with several of them they're good people, they do actually care, just sometimes they don't show it. The GMs here answer to China, it's not our game, it's their game. Truly their hands are tied.

I know this might bring up some anger and whatnot, but I feel the need to say it:

spoons cared, frankie cares, and monkey surely cares. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here at all.
    If monkey didn't care he would not have taken time out of his day, doing whatever he was working on JUST to log in and talk to me, and address the problems that I had been experiencing.
    If frankie didn't care he wouldn't have had people there when I had problems. (granted I had to go through a friend to get to him, but that's not what's important)

They are there, and they're doing the best they can with what they've been handed. While I would like to see them more, I know they're there, an that's good enough for me.

Unfortunately, you shouldn't have had to go through a friend. That you have connections while nice for you, doesn't show an involvement with the game. I've had plenty of employees who only cared about their job when I (their supervisor) or their friends were there. They'd also tend to help out friend of friends. The quality of their work as far as paper trail though showed me otherwise, as well as the treatment they gave people when they didn't realize I was there. So while I'm really happy you have a friend to help you get good customer service, I don't we can really say that counts at all.

Being there in general means being there for the general community, not just someone who can go through a friend. Not just someone you'd have a more personal stake in helping. I've played this game two years and I've only ever seen a GM once. And they did not respond to me when I asked a question, so either they were afk or they were helping someone else and didn't see me. I've given them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was the latter since that particular GM name seems to be one of the only ones people know which shows to me that they are doing their job. I don't think it's fair to say that the GMs do not care, or do not do work. But it would help things a lot more if they increased the timeliness of their replies, and did something as simple as monitor world chat and common areas where many people gather. For example raging tides, Archosaur, and Frostcovered city.

I mean things like people stealing, or making world chat unusable, or lewd may not seem like a big deal to them; in fact they probably seem like minor issues compared to what they have to deal with. But I think it would help if they think of the game as their store front. Letting people get away with writing graffiti all over your store front, harass your customers, etc doesn't make a very inviting atmosphere. And while someone being stupid in the store isn't as important as things like someone shoplifting (duping/glitching), making sure you have the correct inventory (getting China to fix things) or things like that, all the nice things in the world won't really matter much either if people stop shopping there. It's important to take care of both ends. I think right now the problem is that the GMs are too focused on the things that keep the store stocked, and not enough on the customers inside the store. It's important that they do things that are visible to the customers too. Otherwise you end up with a game that you realize doesn't have the long term viability that you had hoped for, a negative rating from the BBB, and a lot of angry customers.

So while I think they do care, I also think they could be doing a lot more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options

I'm not saying they don't care (though I know people who adamantly believe they don't care). But would it kill them to publicly show it? And I say publicly because I know the can run around invisibly. Talk on WC, create random events, I know their hands are tied for most pve events, but are they seriously not allowed to have a mob party in some remote part of the map, and summon random monsters for people to kill, or tele the people gooning/botting(do people still do that?) to some remote part of the map, or even just chill at west/SP and do a Q&A or something?

And as much as they care, they are rarely actively there, like a parent who may love their child, but they aren't there,so the child has "mommy/daddy" issues.

And to all the people it wont make a difference, people said that about SP, and that's getting put pack to its boring old self. So don't knock it till you've tried it.
    Your bad JuJu is driving them away, fill this thread with good JuJu and we just might get active Gms like the "Glory Days" of PWI

Edit - Also what Venus said defiantly hits the nail, and to add to it, When someone goes to fix a place up, its the little things you gotta start with, whether its moving crowded boxes from a garage when you're trying to clean it (addressing scammers), or starting new recreational activities everyone can participate to clean up a neighborhood (random events to challenge old an new players). So While they work on bigger issues, what would be the point if the little issues are what scares the players away?

Edit again - Also >50% voted they would want to see a more active gm presence,
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To those that say GMs are there watching I call BS.

Ive called for GMs on WC and using the stupid little button they gave us numerous times and have yet to get an answer. And it wasnt a one and done try it was many calls each time I tried so you cant say well maybe they didnt see it.

If this game has any GMs besides the ones they throw up on the forums here I'd be majorly suprised.
    They could afford to have one on each server at all times in shifts at least. But first I bet they'd have to actually hire some.
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what there is here is ignorance. and i dont mean that in a negative way. we dont know what gms do. we dont know when they in game, and yes, you CANNOT see a gm in game unless they want you to. i think they are only visible when they are standing still. is there staff hours for ppl to be logged in? what do they do in game other than walk around? are they even on that screen? why do they rarely interact? do they have rules about interaction? the list could go on. simply put, ppl complain because they dont know. so we should have a nice post! maybe pics of the scary looking gms with thier laptops floating in the pool on the back of thier hummer limos. lol
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There really does need to be more involvement.

I know this link is going to be insta deleted, but this is a topic on a forum for another game (League of Legends) asking the community to ask him questions about future updates and patches to seperate charectars.

^ couldn't find that thread but even this...
    <3 Pm meh for the url <3 mostly since I'm not sure if the thread will be closed or not

(to those that read that thread)
    Something like that is what I mean, In their minds that staff "exists" of sorts, hes there answering questions and has depth. A lot of players don't know who Frankie or Monkey or that other one, are. Some of the ones that do have some doubts to whether they're real, Hell I think Frankie a AI that's fond of witty, diplomatic, and vague remarks. And Monkey just seems like the patches. b:surrender

And Spoons I liked, he had depth. you felt that even through the bs that is the corporate system, he cared about the game and its players
    I <3 A lot of people
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    (to those that read that thread)
    Something like that is what I mean, In their minds that staff "exists" of sorts, hes there answering questions and has depth. A lot of players don't know who Frankie or Monkey or that other one, are. Some of the ones that do have some doubts to whether they're real, Hell I think Frankie a AI that's fond of witty, diplomatic, and vague remarks. And Monkey just seems like the patches. b:surrender

And Spoons I liked, he had depth. you felt that even through the bs that is the corporate system, he cared about the game and its players

To be fair to Frankie, Spoons had it easier as well. He left in January 2010, Rising Tide came out in the middle of December of 2009, and thus had only been out like two weeks when he left. The fishies weren't the huge problem they are now. Power levelling through frost wasn't the problem it is now. I don't think anyone had 5aps when he was around. I think the main OP class was the veno when he was around. Heck, even the dq nerf wasn't something he presided over. In other words, he presided over the days when PWI had the least amount of things to complain about. When the community was pretty friendly. When the game was shiny and new, and thus people were friendly and excited. I'm not saying Spoons wasn't great at his job. He was fantastic! But, it's also not really fair to compare Frankie and Spoons because Frankie is presiding over negative change after negative change by the devs, and a playerbase that is far more hostile now then it was before. Now, Frankie can announce that he's giving the community what it wants and how fast he worked to resolve our issue, and people say that he's lying and must be because China wanted it too. Even as he's giving the majority of the playerbase what it wants, that's exclusive to our version of the game, he's still not given enough credit for what he does do. If that's the case, why would you want to post personal details about yourself? Why would you want to go the extra mile for a customer that's just going to slap you in the face and complain about what you gave them anyway?

Besides, it shouldn't be all on him. I've never seen the other GMs, and besides the patch notes they hardly ever post. Which is a shame, because Sihndra is hilarious. Monkey also seems awesome, based off the time he had to post when the patch went wrong and Frankie was gone. If they all posted, we could also get timelier updates. Soon shouldn't mean sending an email out in April and not bothering to followup until August, as was the case with the base wars. I don't really want the world from them, or expect them to handle every tiny customer complaint that should be ticketed anyway. But I would like to see some involvement, like stopping the gold sellers from spamming the platforms on the servers, or simply monitoring world chat.

Although stuff like this from the GMs would be fun to see:

http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1401
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ya, to say that franky is the "CM" of this site he isnt very active with the playerbase/forums.

the only time he really posts is to give half assed answers on certain topics (no offense franky but its true)
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately, you shouldn't have had to go through a friend. That you have connections while nice for you, doesn't show an involvement with the game. I've had plenty of employees who only cared about their job when I (their supervisor) or their friends were there. They'd also tend to help out friend of friends. The quality of their work as far as paper trail though showed me otherwise, as well as the treatment they gave people when they didn't realize I was there. So while I'm really happy you have a friend to help you get good customer service, I don't we can really say that counts at all.

Being there in general means being there for the general community, not just someone who can go through a friend. Not just someone you'd have a more personal stake in helping. I've played this game two years and I've only ever seen a GM once. And they did not respond to me when I asked a question, so either they were afk or they were helping someone else and didn't see me. I've given them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was the latter since that particular GM name seems to be one of the only ones people know which shows to me that they are doing their job. I don't think it's fair to say that the GMs do not care, or do not do work. But it would help things a lot more if they increased the timeliness of their replies, and did something as simple as monitor world chat and common areas where many people gather. For example raging tides, Archosaur, and Frostcovered city.

I mean things like people stealing, or making world chat unusable, or lewd may not seem like a big deal to them; in fact they probably seem like minor issues compared to what they have to deal with. But I think it would help if they think of the game as their store front. Letting people get away with writing graffiti all over your store front, harass your customers, etc doesn't make a very inviting atmosphere. And while someone being stupid in the store isn't as important as things like someone shoplifting (duping/glitching), making sure you have the correct inventory (getting China to fix things) or things like that, all the nice things in the world won't really matter much either if people stop shopping there. It's important to take care of both ends. I think right now the problem is that the GMs are too focused on the things that keep the store stocked, and not enough on the customers inside the store. It's important that they do things that are visible to the customers too. Otherwise you end up with a game that you realize doesn't have the long term viability that you had hoped for, a negative rating from the BBB, and a lot of angry customers.

So while I think they do care, I also think they could be doing a lot more.

man you can write, id get tired half way and meh Facebookin time lol jokesb:chuckle
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bumping this back to first page
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They have like what? 10 games? All their gm's are spread out around. We already know they don't do a lot to prevent people from breaking rules even when they say it's not allowed. Good example is frost glitch. They ask people for a screenshot and betray others, because they are too lazy to check for themselves.

Gm's on the support chat has absolutely no knowledge about the game. Once i had a conversation on a chat. I had to explain game mechanics basically to make him understand my problem, and that person still had no clue. Don't think he even knew about mystics, atleast didn't appear to be.

Reason you get half assed answers from frankie and others is simple. They don't know much at all. The playerbase knows more about the future updates because we're smart enough to check the chinese site at wanmei. Just put it through a translation and we have an idea of what's coming, something that's too much work for PWE it seems. Example is rank 9 for earthguard. I was the first person to mention when it could be expected here based on chinese updates. Frankie or anyone else didn't bother to tell us anything.

And recently a guildie of mine has been banned for banned region IP while he's living in the US. So he couldn't lead us in TW. And you think it's coincedence that tremblewith has been banned on forum? so ya, they been banning the wrong people as well. So i don't see how more gm's will work. Atleast it doesn't solve what PWE is lacking so much. And i don't expect them to put more money into this crappy customer service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes, i for one remember people being admonished in WC for spamming, cursing, ect.
    Back in the day there used to be a button u could hit and a gm would talk to u IN-GAME.
    Even a few WCs asking for a GM to pm someone worked........OH WAIT...................
    thats when GM were actually in game giving customer support.
    Im not at all saying Frankie isnt doin his job. My questions are these.......IS HE THE ONLY GM WE HAVE???? IF THERE ARE OTHERS....DO THEY KNOW THEIR A$$ FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND ABOUT THE GAME? ARE THEY EVER IN-GAME?
    Frankie does ok but he REALLY could USE some COMPITENT help!!!!!
  • Atonia - Dreamweaver
    Atonia - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've been with the game for a little over a year I think and I've only ever seen ONE GM in-game. I had happened to run past him/her and saw the 'GM' next to their name and was just like 'What the hell is that?' and had to stop and look. So yeah... I'd say I don't see or hear about GM's enough in this game and maybe that should change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • independence
    independence Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Funny how not even a forum mod has had the time or will to comment on this yet..

I know it's not up to neither the GMs ingame or the forum mods to decide how many they can put on each server/game to keep an eye on players being dipsh*ts.

But I hope they will pass the message that they are alotta people not happy with the service of this game.
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Like its been said, GMs used to respond to the "call gm" button. I clearly remember 3-4 incidents where we had a gm poof in front of us to try and solve the issue at hand.
    But that was a while ago... before anni packs.. They even held events "GM Meet and Greet" or they'd say silly stuff in World chat.

I think PWE has decided that PWI is an old game. It's over the hill, so they concentrate their efforts on the newer releases. It is a shame, cause this is still a good game and their customers are spending alot more now than they ever did.
  • nebtch
    nebtch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes more Gm's are needed. so many people i started playing with no longer play due to world chat and just plain rude and filthy chat that souldnt be aloud for ev1 to see. whispers and squad or faction chats are one thing but when its in world chat thats something different. i would like to see something done about that
  • Toonsurfer - Sanctuary
    Toonsurfer - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I would love to get a response from a gm on this issue Frankieraye! Please answer >.>

back to on topic I really miss the old days, sure you they cant fix much but atleast to see from gms in game would be better than nothing just talk with us.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    personally it would be nice to see more GMs.

It seems most of them are busy in the background and on the forums.
    The fact that their needing player volunteers to manage and moderate the forums kinda tell us how much human resources they MAY be lacking in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no. game would be better without them.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There should be more GMs being active in the game and also in the forum. That requires pwi to employ more personnel. b:heart
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Akolade - Dreamweaver
    Akolade - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If I could, I would do it for free.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bumping back to first...again

Also you people with your bad JuJu, scram, only good JuJu allowed.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I applied for the job, but haven't gotten a response =(
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We need more GM's that work in shifts to support the different timezones.

I thought this was International after all.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    make me a forum mod yo, I'm pretty active on forums b:cute