Question about the General Summer's Sale

Nahla - Harshlands
Nahla - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
If it is making a reappearance anytime soon, will the prices stay the same as it was before or will they be marked up like the packs in the recent "sale"?
Post edited by Nahla - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nobody from the company will say, they like that kick in the crotch to come as a complete surpise.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There will probably be an R9 sale on October 12th.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Julietoo - Sanctuary
    Julietoo - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There will probably be an R9 sale on October 12th.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're right at all aster but where do you get this info? are you a company spy ? :P
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The devs said they wanted to get rid of certain ways to gain rep(rank) since the whole new rank 8 and 9 recast thing is coming. If pwe has a rep sale when the devs already said they want to eliminate ways of earning it, then it just shows how much pwe cares about what the devs want and that they are only about money. Even though everyone pretty much already knows that lol
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me if you're right at all aster but where do you get this info? are you a company spy ? :P

nah its common sence if you lok at update info's 12th should be eg rank9 would be common sence they would bring a rank9 sale with it as ring engraving toke the same time to come here
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The devs said they wanted to get rid of certain ways to gain rep(rank) since the whole new rank 8 and 9 recast thing is coming. If pwe has a rep sale when the devs already said they want to eliminate ways of earning it, then it just shows how much pwe cares about what the devs want and that they are only about money. Even though everyone pretty much already knows that lol

I don't get your logic. They said they want to get rid of certain ways to gain rep.
    Where exactly does that say no more rep sales? It just says that they're taking out some ways to get rep.
    Your argument doesn't make sense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • s4nctity
    s4nctity Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We have been getting a general summer's sale every two months.
    So next one is going to be this wednesday (September 28th) or next one (October 5th).
    And I dont think that the prices will be different that wouldnt make any sense.
    Why does the Earthguards or the ones that didnt get their rank gear yet have to pay more for it?
  • glorfel
    glorfel Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The people who can afford rank gear easily got it already and the people who couldn't get the rank gear before and have been struggling to get it even at the usual price you make it harder for them?

You want to make them struggle more and make it even harder for them to catch up than it is already...

So while the ones who got their rank gear already at normal price are done recasting it everyone else is still trying to get the rank gear in the first place?

That doesn't make any sense.

If this is true I'm quitting b:bye
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't get your logic. They said they want to get rid of certain ways to gain rep.
    Where exactly does that say no more rep sales? It just says that they're taking out some ways to get rep.
    Your argument doesn't make sense...

If they want to make rep harder to get why would they allow it to continue to be easily bought through the cash shop. Cash shopping is not a hard thing to do. Also, the fact that in other versions of pw you can't just charge cash and buy rep, it has to earned/farmed. The only reason why pwi has more rank 9 than the Chinese server is the fact that it is purchasable with real money. And regardless of that fact USA still loss in the PWIC server pretty bad. Just goes to show what being able to buy power(rep) does to the game.

I think that logic makes a lot of sense.

If there is another rank sale I would bet that it would be more expensive